PDA

View Full Version : How tall are you, Miss?

michelleddg
10-24-2012, 09:10 AM
There I was, minding my own business dress shopping at Dillard's when out of the blue a perky young Asian SA bounced up. Ummm...this could be good, could be bad.

"How tall are you, Miss?"

"Six feet." Never mind that I was wearing my Jessica Simpson stilletto's.

I'm not so good at chick talk so I replied dumbly:

"How tall are you?"

"Five foot three!"

"Well, have a nice evening...", and I went on my way. Hugs, Michelle

linda allen
10-24-2012, 09:25 AM
That's about all you could have said.

What's a "TA"?

kimdl93
10-24-2012, 10:35 AM
that explains those legs in your avi! Now I don't quite feel so self conscious about being 6'2".

Karren H
10-24-2012, 10:38 AM
obviously she lost the bet with her friends to go see if you were a guy or not! lol

Beverley Sims
10-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Well if if I had long deformed legs like you have I would expect to be chatted up as well. :)
And the shoes do accentuate the legs. Luv it.
Stand in a local Chinese fruit and veg.market and you can see over everybody even at 5"8".

Kate Simmons
10-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Tall trees get the most wind Hon. :)

Stephanie47
10-24-2012, 02:32 PM
If the avitar picture is of you, your height is in the legs. And, if you were wearing a similar dress with heels, a short person would not be able to guess your height. Karen may be right as to the SA losing a bet, but, if I were so inclined I would strike up a conversation with you. You look terrific!

I Am Paula
10-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Correct answer is 5 foot 12, my height.

Chazity
10-24-2012, 09:31 PM
6'3" and i have been out in dress and nobody has said a word ....Tall women are just as sexy as shorter women lol,and by your pic. you are beautiful!!!!

LelaK
10-24-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't envy tall people. I'm 5'8 or so. I believe tall people require more food to survive. By the way, I read some months ago that the tallest women in the world on average are the Dutch at 5'6". I told a Dutch woman email friend of mine that and I asked her her height. She said 5'10". I'm pretty sure she's not an MtF. She has 3 sons.

I haven't tried cross-dressing in public and, if I did, I don't think I'd wear heels. So I wouldn't stand out that much. Also, I have a sister who's 5'9".

KellyJameson
10-24-2012, 10:31 PM
In my opinion tall women have stopped being self conscious about being tall and many wear heels to accentuate it, giving them an air of authority that usually was reserved for tall men.

The fashion industry has picked up on this opening up opportunities for people such as Amazon Eve who stands 6' 9" and there is a fourteen year old in Brazil that hopes to be a model who also stands 6' 9"

Tall has become the new sexy

noeleena
11-07-2012, 04:37 AM
Hi,

Im 5 9.

& in heels just under 5 11. though i prefer low heels or flat'es

...noeleena...

Carol Elizabeth
11-07-2012, 06:26 AM
I am not all that tall, but when asked, I try and mess with people's minds by telling them I four feet twenty-two inches.
It takes them a while to figure it out and by then nobody cares anymore.

CE

jjjjohanne
11-07-2012, 06:38 AM
I am convinced the SA was trying to verify that you were a CD. That means that it was not obvious from a distance. Congratulations!

Dana921
11-07-2012, 08:30 AM
I am tall enough to have my feet reach the ground, except on shorter days I need more help with taller heels to get there! Heehee! I do agree about the taller GG ladies not being as concerned about their height, I think maybe because there are more ladies that are taller now and ladies shoes sizes are getting bigger now as well. Taller ladies in general do get more attention, but it takes more than that to have us recognized as a guy.

Roberta Young
11-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Michelle, In 4" stillettos Im 6' 3" and if the dress is red, then "Im a long tall woman in a RED dress", Hugs Roberta

Jana
11-07-2012, 09:32 AM
I had that happen to me at Macy's. I'm 6'1" and was wearing flats. Two twenty-something girls came out of nowhere and asked me the same thing: "how tall are you"? At the time, I had zero confidence in my female voice and pretended I hadn't heard.

I've learned it's best to act naturally, and seems you did just that, so good job!

TeresaL
11-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Tall women are becoming more plentiful in my area. So I'd say you are not that unusual.

I used to hate my height when I was in denial and overcompensating my maleness. You have no idea how inferior it feels to be a short male, and have ten year olds towering over you. As a woman however, I finally am ok, and am no longer short. Lots of women are taller than me, including my wife who is 5'11" -- and she isn't overly tall. Women are just taller today, which is a good thing for tall MtF folk.

Tina B.
11-07-2012, 09:53 AM
At least she called you miss!

laurieg
11-07-2012, 10:02 AM
I am asked that all the time when i am walking around or out and aboutespecially inthe mall and the womans dept i am 6' 7"

Jana
11-07-2012, 10:09 AM
What's a "TA"?

In academic circles, "TA" stands for "Teaching Assistant", but I think she meant "SA", as in Sales Associate??? My guess.

Veronnie2
11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
This post has me chuckling, I am 5'6 and with 4 inch heels, make 5'10. I guess it is a blessing to be a shorty type person. God bless all us girls as we all come in many different sizes. veronnie2