PDA

View Full Version : Only one negative remark so far

jsunic_1978
10-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I went out today in the most acceptable part of town. I really had a great time. I first went to a bar and grill and then to a coffee house. No problems. I was driving around for a bit so I decided to take a walk around the area. no problems. i walked just over a mile, no problems. One guy p[assed me buy and seaid hello. As I was coming back to my car, Id expect an ignorant question from a teenager, but it was from a middle age black male, (NOTHING AGAINST BLACK0? but come on!! Like they had an easy time in the 50s and 60s. He was with his wife and step kid as he stated. He asked me if this was my costume, WHY I made eye contact and replyed was beyond me, but at first it sounded like he was just joking and just wanted to see if ill open up, so i dod. I said if this was a costume, i would have a theme jike fake blood or something. At first, he just wanted to make conversation, be he got weird out fast, nothing bad happened I just let him run his mouth and just went to my car. So far, that was the only remotely bad experience. Was I wrong by parking my car off and taking a walk> io was alone.

jsunic_1978
10-24-2012, 04:38 PM
and also, I just have been going to only female clothing stores as my inneraction with people, especially the sales accociates. I am ready for the GLBT meets and start making friends. Maybe i was soppose to be shaken up, just a small tad.when I was dining out, I saw three women, one transgender women in SEXY BOOTS I just asked her where she bought her shoes BINGO, that breaks the ice, but im just starting to get out more. Next time i will certainally find out where people hang out aND WHAT THEY DO AND GET SOME NUMBERS.

kimdl93
10-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Seems you handled,it well. Not sure what that individual was thinking...it was really none of his business. You were wise to just let him talk and avoid confrontation and let him run on...whatever his dal was. Really, that's a pretty unusual experience.

Beverley Sims
10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
You did ok, all you can do is just walk on.
The problem as I see it is you made eye contact.
When I do that I just smile and keep going.

sissystephanie
10-24-2012, 09:40 PM
I go out in public almost every day dressed totally enfemme, but with no wig and no makeup. In other words, I am a guy dressed enfemme! I have been doing this since my wife died 7 years ago, as she always did my makeup and fixed my wig. I have had people ask me where I bought the skirt or top that I was wearing, but never have had anyone ask if I was wearing a costume. I guess the difference is that I have been a crossdresser so long that I really don't care what people ask. If I don't want to answer I just don't!

I don't think you did anything wrong, except maybe by answering him! You certainly have the right to park your car and walk around as youi did!

Cynthia Anne
10-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Hey girl you did just fine! Never let one idiot spoil your day! Go out and have fun!

Roberta Marie
10-25-2012, 12:50 AM
I've been to several places in the Cleveland area. Might I recommend Union Station/Bounce. Union Station is the resturaunt side, Bounce the club side. Both are T friendly LGBT places. Most of the places that I've been to, though, have been mainstream, such as shows and resturaunts at Playhouse Square, or shopping in the suburbs.

There are also a few support groups in the area that I could recommend if you would like. Let me know.

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Please do roberta. I am looking for GLBT groups. I was tick tock just yesterday in lakewood. The very first person i meat, WAS A T GIRL, VERY BEAUTIFUL :) I just complemented her boots BROKE THE ICE :) Next time ill go amd meet people, ill be much more open and know how to break the ice more and possibly get something set up where we can meet at that same place again.

Lorileah
10-26-2012, 12:57 AM
it is stunning when you get someone make a remark like he did, but maybe it was the time of year. It is also hard to not get offended, it has happened to me. But if he started out friendly, maybe he was just trying to be nice. Don't put it down to race, One of the largest groups that are anti gay marriage are the Afro-Americans. It is just he way they are brought up. It is hard for many people to see beyond their own hardships and issues to be compassionate and understanding. One out of hundreds who saw you today? Not bad.

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 01:01 AM
I wont park by an ATM anymore. the guy was just checking his reciept, had his kid with him on top of it soi he kepted it cleaned. Maybe he was just fustrated, as the bank may have messed up or what ever, so I just happned to walk by and he just was an idiot that wanted to vent.

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 01:04 AM
I should have just answred yes, its a halloween costume. He was just MORE BAFFLED as i stayed polite. as we get out more, people wont think twice. I like women and transgender women only.

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 01:07 AM
going out in womens clothes presenting as a guy isnt bad neither. I do that sometimes and therse NO QUESTIONS nor confusion as most just think, ok, just a guy that likes womens clothes, no big deal. think ill just go straight to the glbt places and mall and in the car and home when i do the make up and wig

kirsti
10-26-2012, 01:28 AM
So far I haven't experienced any negative situations thus far.

The best place to start I would guess is a mall during halloween.
That's the best place to get responses, if your wondering about peoples reaction.
For the most part I've alway's had positive input.
I had a women at a JcPenny's that was so surprised that I was a male in drag (crossdresser) that her response was more of unbeleivable..... she was amazed that I passed so well lol.
The same evening I had a guy at a jewlry store in the mall actually try to pick me up, until I asked him "You do know that I'm a male?" lol !
I have even been what most would consider as being stalked by a police officer, until once again I kindly explained that I was a male, overall the officer was very kind, and to be honest had I had an interest in men, I would have definantly tried to further our contact lol.

I remember my early years, I would dress up, and go out mostly driving around, come back home, drink some Pink champagne, and just cut loose a bit.
And then I gradually moved up to daylight, like going to a local park, wearing stretch shorts, and a bra, with something like a cute pink t-shirt on.....
Idk, for the most part no one seemed to notice I wasn't a female, maybe it's because my voice is soprano hahaha.
It's not like I try to talk softly, but I have that Southern Belle voice I guess.

Eventually I moved up to public places such as movie theater's, and other various stores, while wearing whatever I felt comfortable in wearing, skirts, stretch jeans, boots (Of course I love suede leather boots, with hook and eye laces).
Most often I think I pass to well for a female, idk if that's alway's a good thing or not.
Ok I'll except that it's good, as I can be whom I feel that I am, without alot of the negative reactions, so in a wa7y I guess I'm quite blessed at this point.

Oh and btw, I often wen't and bought female clothing, perfumes, makeup, lingerie etc. while dressed as male, so I kind of think it removed alot of my inhibitions later on.
Either way, I am saddened that you experienced such a situation, wish I had been your girlfriend, I wouldn't have been so kind, in responding in your defense.... (winks).
South Carolina girl here :)

kirsti
10-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Oh, your comment above reminds me.
Recently I was commenting on some Yahoo posts regarding some stories, involving a youth in school, whom took it upon themselves to wear a skirt to school.
There was a great debate among posters, bottom line I stated, let them be whom they are, it's just a fabric shaped and labelled to be for a specific sex.
How can ot be a distraction?
Sure at first it might be, but once it becomes a norm in society, no one will pay that much attention, that is, I don't feel it will distract from teaching in class, and students learning.
Anyhow, I was amazed at just how many people actually had a problem with males wearing any female clothing, that didn't seem to apply to females wearing what is considered as male clothing, In the end I felt that it was shallow of people to accept such a mentality. am I wrong?

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 01:54 AM
thank you kristy. you are SO CUTE :) i wear womens clothes all the time as male to, just jeans and a pair of uggs. Im ready to wear jeans with the glitter designs on the back pocket. Cato has a pair I REALLY WANT what can I do, right? i didnt park in the best spot. I usually go out more on the side of town I live on. East side is quieter, more conserative, but people keep to them selves more and i never had problems. There will be as least one or two idiots else where. evrey single female has been really polite and nice to me, even the sale associates. The women that dont accept just tont say a word. I do look girlier as guy in womens clothes, I think.

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 01:57 AM
I know the places to go now on the other side of town where its more GLBT so im just going straight there and to my car and home or just stay in the malls. I never had problems at the malls, just teens saying WOW that gitl has mussels , LOL

kirsti
10-26-2012, 02:24 AM
"That girl has muscles" lol..... I had a couple of young girls follow me around the mall once, some years ago, while I was pulling some stockings out, after awhile they figured out I was a male, but they were wonderful.
Sparking a conversation up with me about all kinds of girl stuff.
It was quite enlightening to me, a great lesson.
The youth is far more tolerant than the adults are.
Thank you for the positive comment, your attractive as well.
It does make me sad, that so many of us are out here, but are distanced, there's alot of great friends we have.
I used to live in Ohio, in a very small town called ADA Ohio, in my youth.
I was born in D.C, but eventually moved and settled in the South, as my pop was in the military.
I don't mind it, I have found that the south is far more tolerant. from my experience.
Still it makes me angry whenever a friend gets attacked like that....

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 02:31 AM
a young woman was following me just the other day :) if i had known that, I would have turned and smiled at her or something. I noticed it was a woman as i walked into a store. The youth will grow up and society will chance for the better. 99 percent of the time i have a GREAT TIME im out only to talk to women anyhow. :) It really is fun talking shoes and evretthing else.

kirsti
10-26-2012, 02:42 AM
Yes it is.... indeed...
Sorry about the delay in responding, I was looking for something that I know I had a few years back....now if I could just find it, no matter how dry it might be lol! hahaha!

kirsti
10-26-2012, 02:44 AM
And why may I ask, are you doing up so late tonight ? lol

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 02:45 AM
I really love shoes REALLY, A LOT what ever your looking foir, what is it ?

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 02:46 AM
i just dont sleep much LOL

kirsti
10-26-2012, 02:52 AM
I love shoes as well, I have a pair of thigh high sueds boots I bought from Newport news some years back I love those, they zip on the inside, have eyehook lace all the way up, with about 3" heels, anything higher seem's to be awkward when walking, they help arch just about right lol.
Best part is they fit perfectly.
Beleive it or not I also own a pair of mid calf boots I found on Fingerhut about 15 years ago, I bought a pair of black boots, they tie with hooks in the back, loved them so much I bought another pair in brown suede as well.

I haven't been able to find them in any other store since.
However I have been amazed at how well they have worn.
Although Fingerhut seem's to be rather over priced at times, for $39.99 a pair I didn't go wrong, both pairs still look new.
I had bought a pair of dark green pumps from payless shoes, and they didn't last very long at all.

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 02:55 AM
I dont just wear womens shoes. I am really attracted to them to. sounds like you have some really nice shoes. I have some uggs, knee high leather boots swuade boots and a lot of heels

kirsti
10-26-2012, 02:57 AM
Oh the black pair I did have to replace the little heel pieces, but I was lucky enought to look ahead in time.
There was a local store that sold all kinds of knick knacks, and they sold those heel replacements, I bought a pack of them for like $2.00.
And sure enough about a month ago I had the heels give out on both the left and right boots.
So I took a pair of pliers pulled the old ones out, and easily hammered the new ones into place.
The replacement ones were a little wider so they actually made the boots wear even better.
I expect these to last 25 years lol.
Oh smoke missing yep....

kirsti
10-26-2012, 03:00 AM
I don't have any Uggs yet, I have seen them, and had been deciding if they were me or not...
I do like them, but I keep imagining me wearing those sock leggings from the 1980's with Ugg boots.
Am I wrong about such a concept?
I still love leggings, also.....

jsunic_1978
10-26-2012, 03:02 AM
get a pair on ebay. a good use pair will run at least 50 or sixty bucks. THER ARE SO SO SOFT i wear uggs as my evreyday shoe now ALWAYS i have clogs to

kirsti
10-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Thank you so much for the suggestion.....
I'll do just that.... I'm leaning towards a tan color of Uggs. :)
Btw sorry about the delay in replying, got a phone call.... lol of course my friends call all hours hahaha, I might not always answer, but I do try...