PDA

View Full Version : Getting more confident

JenniferUK
10-25-2012, 02:22 AM
Went to our support group last night with my SO. Left the house partially dressed and finished off nearby. Parked the car and walked to the restaurant, I was shaking like a leaf but nothing unpleasant occurred. Later in the evening a couple of girls asked if we would like to move to a nearby bar. Took me awhile to agree.

Upon leaving the restaurant a young man was walking by and we got a "evening girls" which I'm rather chuffed about. The bar wasn't too far away, thank god as I were in 4inch heels. Left around 1130pm and went home. Still grinning like a Cheshire Cat. Can't wait for Halloween next week.

Hugs

J

ChristineReid
10-25-2012, 02:49 AM
Great stuff - I know the 'shaking like a leaf' feeling and also the elation when you pull it off (not literally of course...)! I've often wandered around UK and European cities on my own - but never with others.

Kate Simmons
10-25-2012, 04:53 AM
I'm glad you had a good evening Jennifer. :)

kimdl93
10-25-2012, 07:19 AM
That's great! Glad you both had fun together!

~Joanne~
10-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Sounds like you had a great night without any unpleasant events happening. I am wondering, what did you SO make of this? did they have a great time too? and why hesitate about the bar?

Beverley Sims
10-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Isn't it wonderful, Halloween will seem like months away. :)

reb.femme
10-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Great stuff - I know the 'shaking like a leaf' feeling and also the elation when you pull it off (not literally of course...)!

Oh, Finbarr Saunders of Viz and double entendre fame. You are still here! :heehee:

Manchester seems to be a good place for CD life. Likewise, had the shaking like a leaf experience, but overcoming this was a huge boost.

Rebecca

Shelly Preston
10-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Glad to hear you had a wonderful evening Jennifer

This is only the begining :)

JenniferUK
10-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Sounds like you had a great night without any unpleasant events happening. I am wondering, what did you SO make of this? did they have a great time too? and why hesitate about the bar?

Thanks for the lovely comments ladies. My SO loves it, she was egging me on. I was nervous as this is only the second time I've been in public

The organiser of the group took our pic together, as soon as I get it ill put it up.
Hugs

J

krissy
10-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Oh i remember that feeling you almost feel like your going to pass out i miss that feeling. glad to hear you had fun just be strong and enjoy being you