PDA

View Full Version : A bad day at CD'ing

Krista1985
10-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Geez where do I begin... :straightface:

I placed an order online last week to get some new forms, adhesive and a bra which all arrived today. I was so excited, the prospect of going braless and with a new pair of girls on my chest had me burning with anticipation all day. To prepare I was watching make-up tutorials on youtube, hoping for a better than usual result in that department too. All afternoon I hoped for the UPS man to arrive so I could get my girl on with the goodies he was unwittingly supplying me with. When he finally arrived, I signed for the box in a hurry and thanked him, shutting the door behind him for some much needed girl time. I almost ripped my drab apart I was so eager to slip into something more comfortable...

I opened the box and all my stuff was inside, but... the forms were wayyy smaller than I anticipated. Even so, I was determined to get them glued on, if anything the smaller size would make that easier, right? Not so much. The adhesive (called 'It stays') was a total let down. Turns out it is not meant to hold forms in place at all. I won't say where I ordered it from, no need to poo-poo the seller, but it was advertised to hold forms on. Long story short, the tiny forms they sent slid right off of my body even after laying on my back and holding my maguppies (ma-minnows?) in place for 10-15 minutes.

But all was not lost! I also purchased a bra to hold them on, and after washing the sticky glue residue off of the forms and myself, I popped them in the pockets and slipped into the bra. It was uncomfortably tight, it felt like I was being bear-hugged by an actual bear. Also, the profile of the forms was not that great. Think two small traffic cones poking out of my chest. Almost like a 1950's look, which is OK but not what I had in mind. Zero movement. The restrictive garment held them in place so firmly that there was no droop, bounce or wiggle. So I waited today to sign for a total bust in a box.

Next I retreated to my old forms/bra, thank God for the old stand-by's. I pulled out my make-up for a go at the new techniques I picked up earlier on youtube. Even that didn't go as planned. I couldn't manage to get it on correctly so after some trial and error... mostly error... I just gave up on make-up for the day.

I realize that it's entirely my fault for ordering online, buyer beware, and the next time I decide to drop a few hundy into my girl-side, I will be making a pilgrimage to a TG specialty shop to ensure that everything fits/looks correctly. Oh and picking up Holister medical adhesive and remover for sure.

Anyhow, I'm very discouraged by the whole day but bad days happen to everyone. Hopefully I can salvage a good evening in my old gear. Sorry for the rant :doh:

Anyone else have a similar experience with a CD related let-down to share? Rant on my sisters :devil:

Danielle_cder
10-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey GF,

Omg what a day right... Sorry for the let down with the forms no pun. Get some 3m super77 adhesive ace, Home Depot, Wally World. Get goo gone 2 ull want that to take the glue off. Hope this helps

kimdl93
10-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Hey, that's why we are here. I could have told you that it stays won't stay. It's great for keeping a bra strap in place, but nothing for forms. As for the forms, again many of us could help on sizing and vendors. Well,next time, right?

Krista1985
10-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the replies ladies!

Some good advice on the 3M/Goo-be gone Danielle. I'll look into that as it sounds like a cheaper alternative to Holister. I had a canister of Holister once upon a time, used it up pretty fast because the small size.

I agree Kim, it would have been wise to consult our more experienced sisters about sizing and vendors. I will be sure to do so in the future if I don't make the buy in person. In a couple of months I am hoping to have saved enough to do a little get away where I can let my hair down and do some shopping in person.

On the brighter side, the clothes I ordered from the Gap 2 weeks ago fit like a glove! My avatar dress came from that little shopping spree, it's my new favorite at the moment.

Kate Simmons
10-25-2012, 06:41 PM
I see your point Hon but try doing all of this trial and error and disappointment when all this stuff was not readily available. In my "day" we had to rely on a lot of imagination to look girlish.;):)

sterling12
10-25-2012, 06:43 PM
If this was ordered in an auction on Ebay. Take it back to the seller, and demand your money back. Ebay almost always backs the buyer in a dispute, and bad feedback is something seller's avoid at all costs.

"It Stays" is meant to keep your strapless top from moving around, IT IS NOT MEANT to take the place of a breastform adhesive. I've found only one product that would, and still be safe enough to put on the skin, and that's Ostomy Adhesive. Way cheaper than Hollister's, and it comes with a dauber so you can put the adhesive where you want it to go. "Downsizing" Breastforms is a common trick used by some of our "overseas" sellers. They'll tell you it's a 28DD, but neglect to extrapolate out the numbers. Your 28DD becomes something like a 40AA, if your "bandsize" is that large. Always ask The Cup Size for your Bandsize, when you consider a set of forms! And don't let them give you all that rig-a-ma-role about circumference and projection. It means just about nothing until you can try them on your chest....always make sure you have the Right to exchange for a different size if they aren't right.

You have actually done a service for our Gals. Someone who might read your OP, just might think twice before they bought something that would turn out to be worthless!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Krista1985
10-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks for your reply Kate, that helps me to put my 'bad CD'ing day' in perspective.

I appreciate all of the resources that the internet has placed at our fingertips, days like today though I took them for granted. This site especially is great, but others like youtube make-up vids and the freedom to download books on transgenderism from Amazon really makes things easier for gals like us. I can't imagine summoning the courage to walk up to the counter of my local bookstore with a copy of 'Get Dressed' or 'The Lazy Crossdresser' in tow. I respect my elders here on the site for their courage and inventiveness. I've read many times here that, "before the internet I didn't know what 'it' was called, or that I wasn't the only person on the planet that did 'it.'" So I am grateful beyond words to Al Gore for inventing the internet (lol) and to all of our veteran sisters for their advice and acceptance.

Krista1985
10-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks Joanie,

I hope you're right about my post helping someone else avoid the same mistake. And good to know about the 'downsizing' issue with overseas suppliers. I think that may have been what happened in this case. Returning/exchanging the items is not possible since I tried them on, site policy apparently, but I'll find a use for the stuff I bought. Using 'It Stays' to seal envelopes and such, and the bra may loosen up after a few wears/washes. If not, I'll use it to launch water baloons, and possible the tiny forms, off my back porch. Maybe with some luck a fledgling young sister will find and treasure them!

kimdl93
10-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the replies ladies!

Some good advice on the 3M/Goo-be gone Danielle. I'll look into that as it sounds like a cheaper alternative to Holister. I had a canister of Holister once upon a time, used it up pretty fast because the small size.

I agree Kim, it would have been wise to consult our more experienced sisters about sizing and vendors. I will be sure to do so in the future if I don't make the buy in person. In a couple of months I am hoping to have saved enough to do a little get away where I can let my hair down and do some shopping in person.

On the brighter side, the clothes I ordered from the Gap 2 weeks ago fit like a glove! My avatar dress came from that little shopping spree, it's my new favorite at the moment.

Honestly we all have made some purchasing mistakes. I still have a pair of ASY 10 trunk are forms that look like watermelons on me...and I'm a fairly big girl!

I Am Paula
10-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Sorry for your disappointment. 3m super 77 is the way to go. Holister is nice, but costs about $3 a day. I've had my forms stay on for three days, including numerous showers with the 3m. Goo gone is great if you clean up right after removing the girls, while the glue is still soft. If you forget, or for some crusties that GG won't remove, try odorless paint thinner. Don't try regular paint thinner cause yer knockers will smell like that for a week. Good luck-Celeste

Bree Wagner
10-25-2012, 09:47 PM
I thought you we're going with the line "A bad day at CD'ing... is better than a good day at the office" Hopefully it still was for you!

Krista1985
10-25-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm getting some great advice on this thread and I really appreciate your replies!

Kim, I like em big, and sporting a pair of watermelons on my chest sounds like fun. Admittedly not the best strat for in public but privately might be a hoot :D

Celeste I will keep that in mind, odorless paint thinner ftw (for the win!) I went out a bit earlier to get the 3m and goo-be-gone to try out. I'll let you know how it works out :)

Bree you are absolutely correct! A bad day at CD'ing beats the heck out of a good day at the office. As a bean counter for my state gov't, I thoroughly enjoy my budget mandated 'furlough days,' not the unpaid part but the no having to report in part. Sure I pretend to hate it around the office, but privately it's a good excuse to have a girl day ;)

Barbara Ella
10-25-2012, 11:25 PM
have you ever had one of those days where you read through all the posts with your kicker line all ready to go, and get to the last post and find that Bree beat you to it? Now that is a bad day.

No day spent perfecting dressing can be called bad. Disappointing maybe, but still better than a drab day in the office. Must agree that some more time spent with the girls here will help make better decisions.

Barbara

Beverley Sims
10-25-2012, 11:36 PM
have you ever had one of those days where you read through all the posts with your kicker line all ready to go, and get to the last post and find that Bree beat you to it? Now that is a bad day.

Barbara

Ihave a bucket full of kicker replies that Bree, Melissa, Katie and many others beat me to the punch.
What wrankles me is I put a reply together espousing my wisdom...... and what happens after I post...
One minute earlier some faster typist has stolen my reply.
Sorry about the breast forms, we have all assumed and made mistkes over time.

kirsti
10-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Hi, sorry dear to hear about your misfortune, and dissapointment, we have all had them :( .
Nevertheless it's important, when purchasing a correct size, to note the entire breast measurement, if I'm not mistaken add 2 to even sizes, and 3 to uneven, anyone please correct me if I'm wrong ok (winks).

While I do have a pair of those bra less inserts, I have never tried it, actually I had made a purchase several years ago, and a seller threw in a free pair, I thought was a pretty nice quirk.

If I may also add, if your in a bind, and don't particulary wish to wear a breat form, you can purchase the medical adhesive tape.
Attach the tape from left to right, or right to left just under the lower armpit area, bring forward while comfortably adjusting the breast area, and do the same to the opposite sie, bringing them close, it creates a very nice cleavage and is comfortable.

The clear shipping tape is even better because it's a bit wider, and of course is not a milky white, but caution should alway's be used, if your skin is sensitive to some glues.

I hope all works out for the better, we are all well experienced with trial and error I beleive. :)
Hugs.....

Noel Chimes
10-26-2012, 05:54 AM
When I ordered my first set of forms, I too ordered a bottle of "it stays", but I read the information on the site about the product and it does say that it is not designed to keep "the girls" in place without a bra. The only problem I have had with the product is that it WILL NOT STAY when you perspire. (had the girls run off at the worst time). Conclusion: stay cool and stay strapped up.

Claire Cook
10-26-2012, 06:37 AM
I thought you we're going with the line "A bad day at CD'ing... is better than a good day at the office" Hopefully it still was for you!

Bree -- where can we get that bumper sticker? Anyway, I've never wanted to mess with glue-on forms -- I'm much too happy with having the girls nestle in my bra, and I'd worry that sooner or later attaching / detaching them will damage them -- foolish, perhaps.

PretzelGirl
10-26-2012, 12:19 PM

I was thinking the same line! No matter how it goes, it is always better than the alternative.

And crossdressing is about discovery! We don't have the years of figuring things out sometimes, so we experiment. But if you want to experiment like that again, you can ask in the beauty or clothing forums about any product and get some insight ahead of time

I will back the comments on ItStays! I bought it not to hold forms without a bra, but hoping it was enough to keep them in the same position within a bra. Well body heat works against that as it just remains goo. But it is still good for holding pieces of apparel in one spot like Kim's example with bra straps. As it is, I threw out one bottle due to age and the outside was becoming a mess. So it only gets occasional use for me.

Sorry about the forms though. That is a little tougher, but can you return them?