PDA

View Full Version : Breakthrough!

AmyGaleRT
10-26-2012, 12:02 AM
I've been gone from this place awhile...partly because I was agonizing over the prospect of telling my fiancee, and the advice I got from the other girls here was "Tell her!" In no uncertain terms, of course. So I stayed away, because I figured that, until I could get over that hump, being here wouldn't do me a darn bit of good.

Well, it's happened! :o

My fiancee and I are up against a problem with her health that is pretty much going to require us to get married, to get her covered on my health insurance. However, I knew she had to be told before we got married. So, finally, expecting the worst, I told her, using a song we'd heard on the radio ("Walk on the Wild Side," Lou Reed) as my segue in. (When we'd heard it on the radio, she almost guessed my secret...I didn't exactly deny it then, just left it open.)

So I told her. And her reaction was: "So what? I don't mind."

I asked more followup questions to be sure. She was totally cool with it.

God! How could I have been carrying that on my chest for so long?

She and I talked some more, and lay together on the bed talking, and she was incredibly good at putting my mind at ease. I told her pretty much everything: where my clothes were, my femme name, the frequently-asked questions, the whole deal.

Eventually I said, "About the only thing I could do is go get dressed for you." She had no objection, and it took me a little bit, but I got to the point where I wanted to dress for her. So I went and got out my clothes, and dressed the whole way...tights, dress, shoes, jewelry, no makeup though. I went in to show her...and she joked that she wanted to smack me, because I looked more feminine than she did. :battingeyelashes:

It turned into an impromptu fashion show, as I ducked back out to swap dresses, jewelry, and shoes several times. She didn't bat an eye, but she did like some of my dresses. (Why not? I like them too. :) ) And she may want to borrow my earrings, as she doesn't have pierced ears either. I'm OK with that. Finally, I came out just wearing a simple purple dress and panties, and said, "This is what I'd normally wear just around the house, if you're OK with that." She was. I'm still wearing them as I type this.

She draws the line at me going out dressed (which I'm a bit timid for, anyway, so I wouldn't be doing that) and at me wearing my nightgowns to bed. The latter does hurt, a bit, but I can live with that, and maybe she'll relax on that point later, I don't know yet.

Yes, I've got to be mindful of the "pink fog" striking. But she's just the kind of woman to smack me if I get out of line...and I already knew that. :)

I guess I'm about the luckiest gal on Earth. :D

- Amy

Maria in heels
10-26-2012, 04:39 AM
Amy...its a start! Just give her a hug and let her take it all in at her pace, not yours...be understanding and loving just like her

JenniferUK
10-26-2012, 04:41 AM
Yay so happy for you girl. Don't forget to spoil her rotten.

Have fun

Hugs

J

AmyGaleRT
10-26-2012, 05:09 AM
I already spoil her rotten, Jenn. Or, as her aunt put it, she was already spoiled rotten, I just made it worse. :D

I even made her a sandwich to take her medicine with, so she doesn't get an upset stomach. It felt good to put an apron on over my dress and make that sandwich for her. And later, after she went to bed, I put one of my favorite "girly" songs on my MP3 player and just danced with joy.

Now to sleep myself...and then work tomorrow...

- Amy

Noel Chimes
10-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Way to go Amy. I am so happy for you. Now you know she is going shopping in your closet from now on. So enjoy every moment and let her know she is very very special.

Cynthia Anne
10-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Great story Amy! I hope things continue going well for you!

linda allen
10-26-2012, 06:43 AM
You are the luckiest gal on earth!

Marry her before she gets away.

As far as the going out dressed part, that may come in time when you're ready for it (assuming you can reasonably pass). Just go to another town where neither of you will be recognized.

kimdl93
10-26-2012, 08:02 AM
very good news. I'm so glad you were able to come out to her. And if you play this cool and calm, over time I would bet that she'll grow more comfortable with you wearing nighties. Who knows what more might be in store!

And I hope her health issues are resolved!

Beverley Sims
10-26-2012, 10:42 AM
very good news. I'm so glad you were able to come out to her. And if you play this cool and calm, over time I would bet that she'll grow more comfortable with you wearing nighties. Who knows what more might be in store!

And I hope her health issues are resolved!

Kim has said it for me as well.
I do stress just take things slowly and wearing a nightie to bed will come.
Now think about the future, go and get married.

JamieG
10-26-2012, 11:01 AM
That sounds great! Just be careful not to go overboard. Don't wait until "she smacks you because you were out of line." If I were you, I would intentionally not dress in front or her nor bring up CDing for a little while unless she initiates it. You want her to know that you aren't going to completely change now that she knows your secret.

krissy
10-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes give her a big hug you have a very nice woman there we all want what you have some one who cares about us the way we are

AmyGaleRT
10-27-2012, 01:42 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement! She seems to be happy with how I am thusfar. I brought back some more of my dresses from the storage locker today, including some of my favorite cotton casual dresses (cute little floral print, round neckline, short sleeves, tie back, skirt hits about mid-calf on me) and she liked it. She says she'll definitely have to borrow a pair of my earrings for the office Christmas party, and of course I'll let her, because I certainly won't need them that night! :D (She doesn't have piercings any more than I do.)

I brought her home a little card, in which I'd written, "Thank you for being who you are, and for encouraging us to be who we are!" I signed it with both my ordinary name and as "Amy." She liked that.

Oh, and I-as-Amy have my own engagement ring...not the same as hers, as I'd thought of doing in an earlier post, but just a simple CZ solitaire I picked up as part of an inexpensive set. It's to remind me of the commitment I have to her, both in drab and en femme. She liked the gesture, but cautioned me not to forget I was wearing it and accidentally wear it to the office in guy-mode. :D

I do feel so much better now.

- Amy

Tracii G
10-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Sounds like it all good now and I'm really happy for both of you!!!

AmyGaleRT
10-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Oh, and the health issue turned out to be not so much of a problem after all. It was mostly "sticker shock" when I saw the non-insurance price of her insulin prescription, since her doctor quit giving her free samples. Turned out the package contained five insulin pens, not one as I had thought. That's nearly four months of supply for her. That makes it a lot easier to bear, and not so urgent that we tie the knot right away. But maybe before she needs a refill. :D

- Amy