PDA

View Full Version : I Met Felicity Huffman!

Persephone
10-28-2012, 02:03 AM
I had the great pleasure of meeting Felicity Huffman today! She is a remarkable and wonderful woman.

As you may recall, she was not only Lynette Scavo in Desperate Housewives, she was the star of the film Transamerica and was nominated for an Oscar for that performance and won a Golden Globe for it as well as a number of other awards. And, of course, she has appeared in many, many other movies and television shows as well as in live theater.

She was a delight to talk to and shared anecdotes about her children, including one about her daughter, Sofia, having one of those "terrible twos" meltdowns in a Whole Foods Market. (Sofia is now about 12 years old).

After we met and had this picture taken she dashed off to take care of some business, but then returned some time later to the event, dressed more casually. My spouse had not been happy with the picture she had been in earlier, so we approached her after her return and she remembered us and the conversation that we'd had previously. And she graciously posed with each of us a second time.

I'm seldom starstruck, but I must admit that she is one of my favorite performers and that I was practically speechless in her presence.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/FelicityHuffman10f210-27-2012E.jpg

Hugs,
Persephone.

Sara Jessica
10-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Awesome story and an even better picture that you will certainly cherish forever.

And look at your hair, I don't think it's ever looked better!!! :)

Beverley Sims
10-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Persephone, that's wonderful and meeting a second time always seems more meaningful.
Great photo you are still looking good.

bridget thronton
10-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Wow - a great celebrity encounter with a lovely person

Persephone
10-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks everyone!

It was so great to meet and talk with her and to hug each other.

Hugs,
Persephone.