PDA

View Full Version : What category do i fall in?

Lacey New
10-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi all,

I am Lacey from Virginia. I joined earlier this month and I am delighted to find this site. So many of you are beautiful and have obviously practiced your feminine talents. I envy and admire those of you who have made the effort to be able to go from drab to darling and back again at will. But I'm not there yet I feel as if I am behind the curve a little bit.

Whille I have underdressed for years wearing panties, bras and other lingerie whenever I can, I have not made the full transformation wearing wig, heels, shaving, jewelery and make up. I have always been fascinated and attracted to that opportunity but, being very much in the cloest, the opportunity has never materialised. Perhaps some day it will.

So, here is my question- Am I a true crossdresser or simply someone with a lingerie fetish? I have no desire to become a woman or to have a male partner. I love women and I simply enjoy dressing like one - as conservatively feminine as I can get. But to this point, my dressing has been limited pretty much to lingerie (I cannot get enough of sheer silky nylon and a hint of lace) and a few times when I have tried on some of my wife's skirts when she was out. I have also purged a number of times for various reasons - moves for the most part - and each time, I happily rebuild my silky little wardrobe.

So, do I qualify to be here with you all?

Thanks,
Lacey

Roberta Young
10-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Lacey, From Your description I would have to say Crossdersser, because You want to try a Full Transformation, Trying to emulate a woman. Huggs Roberta PS dreams do come true

darla_g
10-28-2012, 08:21 AM
I would think if like Roberta said you want to fully emulate a woman then you are a crossdresser. Otherwise you would just have a lingerie fetish.

PretzelGirl
10-28-2012, 10:59 AM

Everybody qualifies to be here. We are all different in either large or small ways. It makes no difference. Just enjoy who you are. Welcome to our very diverse group!

lexyanne
10-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Lacey,

I like you am a crossdresser, I have at times dreamed of becoming more femme than male, but my situation does not allow it. I love every opportunity to dress head to toe, but lately I just dont have them. So I would look at even the most miniscule opportunity, to dress in any way as a huge win.

Karren H
10-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Anyone belongs here if they want to belong.... regardless of what you wear or whom your attracted to......

Brianna612
10-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Feel welcomed (to be who you are)

Marleena
10-28-2012, 02:33 PM
You fall into the "welcome" category for sure! Have fun.:)

kimdl93
10-28-2012, 02:53 PM
You, of course, have to submit form CD-5493 to the Designation and classification committee to obtain a formal determination. But, from a cursory review of your status, I think you belong here.

Angela Campbell
10-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh no.... on another thread I found out I didn't know the crossdressers handshake and now I find out I didn't file my CD 5493. Do I have to turn in my high heels?

kimdl93
10-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Oh no.... on another thread I found out I didn't know the crossdressers handshake and now I find out I didn't file my CD 5493. Do I have to turn in my high heels?

No, actually, there is the CD protocol violation release form or CD-PVRF ver.2 for lesser offenses.

Angela Campbell
10-28-2012, 03:14 PM
No, actually, there is the CD protocol violation release form or CD-PVRF ver.2 for lesser offenses.

well at least I did fill out the form 42C .......but when do I get to learn the handshake?

reb.femme
10-28-2012, 04:00 PM
So, here is my question- Am I a true crossdresser or simply someone with a lingerie fetish? I have no desire to become a woman or to have a male partner. I love women and I simply enjoy dressing like one - as conservatively feminine as I can get. But to this point, my dressing has been limited pretty much to lingerie (I cannot get enough of sheer silky nylon and a hint of lace) and a few times when I have tried on some of my wife's skirts when she was out. I have also purged a number of times for various reasons - moves for the most part - and each time, I happily rebuild my silky little wardrobe.

Hi Lacey,

I started with the lingerie, then advanced to trying the other clothes. Now I love being femme as much as possible, sitting in my latest purchases now and waiting for my wife to get in from work. It is a slippery slope to hell you know. :devil:

Are you intending on telling your wife? A question that is alway being discussed here.

You sound like you are definitely a cross dresser so no problem fitting in. Our world is extremely diverse so labels are rarely, if ever, desirable. Welcome to the wacky world of whatever!

My flippant advice is tell your wife.........then shop more!

Rebecca

Layla Michelle
10-28-2012, 04:12 PM
I didn't tell my extremely conservative wife as I planned on playing it up for Halloween. I had a makeup bag, various panties, a couple of bras, some jeans and a sweater stashed in a guitar case. I bought a pair of heels exactly one week prior to her discovering the "Stash". She is now leaving me, I'm heartbroken and devastated, but also wearing a thong. Seems like its all I have left! I wish she would never have discovered it though. Best wishes,
Layla

Laura912
10-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Which reminds one of the CD song that was so famous.."With a thong in my...." :devil: You belong here. You do not need a label. And for this one time only, you can ignore what Kim says. It is the short form, CD 1, because you are still in lingerie.

I Am Paula
10-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Create your own category. We're all unique.

Lacey New
10-29-2012, 05:09 AM
OK, I guess I have properly filled out my CD42-A and the consensus is that I'm in the right bucket. I must say thanks to all of you and that I feel quite comfortable here. As I said in my original post, I hope someday to make a full transformation either through my own means or perhaps at a studio but with encouragement from you all, I am confident that it will happen someday. Slow steps though.

It is good to be able to talk about the joys and challenges of crossdressing with friends.

Lacey

Beverley Sims
10-29-2012, 06:32 AM
Line up in the middle lane and get Crossdresser stamped on your wrist, forehead and behind. :)
To Layla, I am sorry to read your post I hope something positive comes out of your situation.

Ressie
10-29-2012, 08:31 AM
My thinking is once you wear 3 or more articles of women's clothing at the same time it's cross dressing. There are lots of threads about passing on this forum, which probably make you feel like you don't fit in. We're all different and all at differently levels of crossdressing among other things. Discussions on lingerie are welcome too.

EllenJo
10-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Of course you belong here dear. We all belong here. We all started out with some piece of women's clothing and advanced from there. I underdressed for years without the feeling of going further, then pow! I wanted to go all the way, who knew? Lingere is still my favorite part especially panties, nylons and camisoles, mmmmmm feel so good! There is no hiearchy here so just enjoy yourself and feel at home.

Cheryl T
10-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Why do you feel you need to be categorized???
Just do what you enjoy doing and be happy.

BTW, welcome...

NicoleScott
10-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Lacey, having a fetish for certain items and being a crossdresser are not mutually exclusive. A fetish is not just an attraction to or a preference for certain things, unless they cause sexual excitement. An extreme fetish is when arousal is not possible when those items are absent. You can have the desire to crossdress if you have no fetishes. So, yes, you are a crossdresser and you may or may not have a fetish for lingerie.
There are a couple of items of women's wear that excite me, and combining them in a crossdressing session adds to the excitement. However, I prefer to transform completely, wearing many things that by themselves do not excite but are important to the full transformation. So, I'm a crossdresser who happens to have particular fetishes. It's all good unless it gets out of balance or out of control (like everything else in life).
Enjoy without guilt the things you like to do. Try the full transformation - you might really like it.
One more thing. Stop purging. It doesn't work.