PDA

View Full Version : What would people think?

Annie D
10-28-2012, 11:12 AM
I was out at Walmart this morning doing my weekly grocery shopping and as I was finishing up my purchases I started browsing in the womens clothing section looking for a casual tunic typle top to wear with leggings and tights as the weather is starting to get cooler here in Texas. Yes, I was dressed as Annie as my usual Sunday morning ritual, and I might add that everyone over the months and years have totally accepted me and greet and interact with me on a regular basis. I found an interesting top; it looked long enough and seemed to be "over-sized" in nature but it was a drab looking grey color. I kept looking and could not find another one like it. So I went to the lady working at the place where you try clothing on and asked if she could direct me to where I might find some others like the one I had in hand? She said, "Oh, that is a men's over-sized shirt and you can find one over there on that rack."

I looked where she was pointing to and said, "OMG, I can't wear a man's t-shirt, what would people think?" We both had a good laugh together and I finished my shopping. I did find two neon colored sweat shirts; one pink and one yellow for $7 that I thought would be suitable for Annie to wear on those chilly morning walks. They were right next to that rack of t-shirts.

kimdl93
10-28-2012, 02:02 PM
I agree, I'd never wear a male garment when I'm presenting as female. That would violated my personal code!

I Am Paula
10-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Here's to fanatisism. I asked at clinique for some moisturizer, and the SA showed me some, and commented, 'just between you, and me, the mens moisturizer is the same stuff, and costs half as much'. I bought the womens'. I won't even wear men's clothes for yard work.- Celeste

Sarah Doepner
10-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Here's to fanatisism. I asked at clinique for some moisturizer, and the SA showed me some, and commented, 'just between you, and me, the mens moisturizer is the same stuff, and costs half as much'. I bought the womens'. I won't even wear men's clothes for yard work.- Celeste

I'm on a budget, I'd buy it. And I've tried a few of my male clothing items on when I've been dressed and all padded and shaped up. Usually nothing looks good enough to include in my wardrobe, but if I find something that will make the transition, I'll give it a chance.

franlee
10-28-2012, 07:18 PM
I like it when the article of clothes has womens in the label and the buttons are on the left side but that is not the standard by which I pick what to wear in a given outfit. After all GG's have clothes that button from the right and they sure wear clothes that come from the mens labels. So what's the problem if it suits the occassion? After all it's all just cloth sewn together to make a garment that you choose to wear, that simple in the end.

Beverley Sims
10-29-2012, 05:55 AM
I have often wore a mens long tailed white shirt tied at the waist.
It looks better on me with shorts that way than when dressed in drab.
I can never find a blouse big enough.