PDA

View Full Version : Developments and plans for Christmas!

Emily Barton
10-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Things have gone pretty smoothly since I began telling my housemates, which I posted about a while back. Becky continues to be great about the whole thing, and I've now told all the people I live with but one - and that's only because he's quiet and is in his room a lot so it's hard to find the right moment.

I had a short-lived idea of attending a halloween party as alice in wonderland, but in the end decided against it due to not wanting to put unnecessary strain on my SO - especially as I'm sure there would've been lots of pictures taken and put up on facebook. I have, however, been doing a lot of online shopping with Becky - most recently I bought my first LBD and a pair of really comfy black leggings, and as of a few days ago I have a red skater dress and a pair of jean shorts on the way!

I also tried on some dresses in a store for the first time a few weeks ago with Becky's help. We turned up at a time when there weren't many other shoppers, and whilst she grabbed things for the two of us to try on I picked up some t-shirts as an excuse to go into the changing rooms. Once there it was easy enough for her to pass me the dresses and, whilst not having the bravery to own up to a sales assistant just yet, it was a great experience and another big step for me.

But my biggest adventure is yet to come, as this Christmas I have made plans to go shopping with Becky whilst fully dressed as Emily. She lives really near to where I had my photoshoot done before, so our plan is for me to take the trains to her house, stay the night and then drive to the makeover place in the morning. Once made over we'll hit the shops and hopefully take a tonne of pictures! I've always wanted to try on some really expensive evening gowns so I'm hoping to do that, as well as buying some things more within my price range! I'm super excited for it and can't wait to wear my new boots and jumper dress out and about. Now, if I could just find a coat and bag that I could afford... :daydreaming:

bridget thronton
10-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Wilson leather or Kohls for affordable leather bags, Jessica London or Raoman for affordable wool coats (all 4 have perpetual sales)

Kelly Smith
11-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Hi Sweetie,

That sounds lovely. Have fun but remember that we will be terribly disappointed if you don't get photos.

Love and hugs,
Kelly

Beverley Sims
11-12-2012, 05:27 AM
I like your plans but I think Halloween was a big miss for you.
I assume your SO is not so accepting and it seems good that you have Becky for support.

I Am Paula
11-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Emily, first, I applaude your progress, and your plans sound fab. If you've read my posts you'll know I'm a purse junkie. Once you start going out in the RW you'll probably find that cheap bags in general look awful, and fall apart in short order. While everybody has a budget, don't overlook spending some good money on a classic purse that will last. At least choose leather or nylon over vinyl. Classic over trendy will save some money, and high end consignment stores often have real designer bags at killer prices. I got a Coach Logo, with tons of brass bling consigment for $57! ($275 at stores)- Enjoy the Holidays-Celeste

Eryn
11-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Wilson leather or Kohls for affordable leather bags, Jessica London or Raoman for affordable wool coats (all 4 have perpetual sales)

Emily is in the UK, so those vendors might not be so helpful.