PDA

View Full Version : Going out Questions

Marsha Marsh
10-30-2012, 11:37 AM
I plan on going out to my first “gay” bar this weekend dressed. I just want to go out and have a drink or two and maybe dance a little. The bar I am planning going to has a CD following so I know I will not be the only one there that will be dressed.

I have a couple of questions about going out to a bar like this. Are the other CD’ers fairly friendly overall to new comers in your experience? I dress nicely, but am not the best with makeup as of yet, is it really important to be really made up if I am going out in public? Anyone have any experience with the bars scene in Knoxville, TN?

Thanks for your help.
Marsha

sandra-leigh
10-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Where I am, newcomers are likely to be said "Hello" to by a couple of people, and might get a compliment or two. They will not, however, necessarily be asked to sit with someone, and the drag queens will not necessarily say much to them. Crossdressers are like people anywhere, tending to talk to people they already know. It won't mean you are not welcome, just that people are doing their own thing.

Mandyrcd
10-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Well Marsha Have fun with it becareful, I am assuming you gone to the club before have you check out how everyone treats each other? I t depends on what town I would say some towns are to large some are in for competion for new comers. But over all many are friendly you just always have to use your judgment. However have fun with it be free and knock them dead sis.

MsRenee
10-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Have fun and enjoy the moment and just be safe.
Renee

AllieSF
10-30-2012, 01:15 PM
My recommendation is to dress down and not up. What I mean by that is to not dress with the highest heels, tightest and shortest skirt or dress. Tone down your makeup and try to just blend in as best possible. No sense to go out and then walk into the place with weak knees from being the first time out and wobbly heels because they are too high and uncomfortable. Find a place at the bar or a small table, hopefully right next to some other girls where you can eventually start up a casual conversation. It always helps to also have a friendly conversation with the bartender or waitress as that helps you personally feel like you are fitting in to the local establishment. Good luck and have fun.

PS: Based on this experience and what you see and learn you can then alter, if necessary, your future outfit and presentation for the next time.

ChelseaErtel
10-30-2012, 01:53 PM
I agree with Allie says. Less is more. Dress appropriately for your age, not sexy but classy and nice. Mid heels (3-4"max). Pick something to wear that enhances the female curves and be easy on the makeup. Make it look natural.

So, given you'll be in a friendly crowded, you should have fun and maybe get some ideas an tips.

More over, be safe, safe, safe and have fun.

SANDRA MICHELLE
10-30-2012, 01:55 PM
I am in total agreement with Allie, nothing too over the top for your first time. My experience has been that most CD friendly bars are just that, very friendly so if you are at all outgoing you should have fun and meet some new people.

I Am Paula
10-30-2012, 09:53 PM
You might think about doing some recon, in drab. See what the vibe is, and how the other girls dress. When I lived downtown I used to hit the gay villiage all the time. Lots of fun. If the other girls don't embrace you right away, give them time. Be safe, be confident, and have fun. tip: ask a manager, or the bartender, what the bathroom policy is. In Canada it's the gender you are presenting, but it can vary. Again- have fun -Celeste

Jenniferathome
10-30-2012, 10:02 PM
My recommendation is to dress down and not up. What I mean by that is to not dress with the highest heels, tightest and shortest skirt or dress. Tone down your makeup and try to just blend in as best possible. No sense to go out and then walk into the place with weak knees from being the first time out and wobbly heels because they are too high and uncomfortable. Find a place at the bar or a small table, hopefully right next to some other girls where you can eventually start up a casual conversation. It always helps to also have a friendly conversation with the bartender or waitress as that helps you personally feel like you are fitting in to the local establishment. Good luck and have fun.

PS: Based on this experience and what you see and learn you can then alter, if necessary, your future outfit and presentation for the next time.

Allie knows what's what! Great advice

Beverley Sims
10-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Test the water first by dressing down, blend in and probably keep to yourself unless invited into a conversation.
It all works eventually and a little confidence and smiles are needed.