PDA

View Full Version : Know You're Transgendered When . . .

Persephone
10-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Know You're Transgendered When . . . you arrive at the salon on Halloween for your routine manicure. You're wearing a denim mini-skirt, heels, and a butterfly embroidered top, full makeup, forms, etc. and your manicurist says "You're not wearing a costume! I've never seen you on Halloween without a costume!"

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/HalloweenNails2012.jpg

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Miranda-E
10-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Know You're Transgendered When . . .
you'll stand up in court and testify whether you're nails are done or not.

Leah Lynn
10-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Now that's a neat story!

Eryn
10-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Gorgeous manicure! :)

Barbara Ella
10-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Girl, you have arrived at the station, and your ticket is punched, and yes, great manicure.

Barbara

kimdl93
10-31-2012, 08:49 PM
Yup, that's not a costume. Jeans, a baseball cap and a thirty would have been a costume!

Vanessa Amber420
10-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Love the nails...Great story btw..

Joanie B
11-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Yup, that's not a costume. Jeans, a baseball cap and a thirty would have been a costume!

Kim,
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a thirty?

Thanks.

Joanie B

Tara D. Rose
11-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Kim,
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a thirty?

Thanks.

Joanie B
I think a thirty is a 30 ounce beer mug?'....lol

Beverley Sims
11-01-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm starting to wonder about you Persephone,
Your costume is starting to sound too real.
Someone just might wonder what is going on. :)
Yep luv the nails....

bridget thronton
11-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Great nails - quite seasonal and quite tasteful

Persephone
11-01-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm starting to wonder about you Persephone,
Your costume is starting to sound too real.
Someone just might wonder what is going on. :)
Yep luv the nails....

Hi Beverley!

Now you have me confused! What costume? What does "too real" mean? And what would they wonder? Please explain.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Beverley Sims
11-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Persephone,
I have been reading threads about people going out on Halloween dressed to perfectly and they are aprehensive of their friends thinking they may have some other interest. I was assuming you my have read it or picked up on the fact that you are going out correctly dressed and making a good job of it.
Of course you were not in costume but if you had been starting out you may have made too good a job at "it".
On the nails, I saw some lacquer advertised that is metallic, and magnetic.
You put it on liberally and then hold a magnet close to the nail, creating a band of color.
Then you move on to the next one and do that.
Sorry to confuse you, and if I haven't explained properly please ask again.
The original statement was a little out of context.

Persephone
11-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Ah, Beverly, I'm getting slow in my old age! Now I've got it!

I do recall, back when I first started out, trying not to be "too good" on Halloween. That and being very afraid that if I wore feminine costumes in successive years people would "suspect."

Now, in real life, my big fear is that someone who knows me (en femme) will discover "him" some day! I never thought about it until now, but I guess if I ever did a Halloween costume as "him" I'd have to make sure I didn't make it "too perfect!" Guess I'd have to look like I was deliberately trying to walk like John Wayne or something!

Yes, I do know about that magnetic nail polish. I love it! I've had my manicurist do it a couple of times and am looking forward to doing it again.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/Nails4-27-2012.jpg

Hugs,
Persephone.

mikiSJ
11-02-2012, 03:33 AM
I think a thirty is a 30 ounce beer mug?'....lol
Except in New York where it would be 2 15 oz mugs. Thank you Mayor Bloomberg!

Miki

Megan Briana
11-02-2012, 04:24 AM
Being "too good" was something I actually set out to do. In fact, several women questioned how I managed to know all my sizes, how and what I stuffed the bra with, how i developed mannerism such as crossing legs and posture, and in general how did I manage to be so ladylike. I thought that was awesome. This tells me that being too good did its job in my part (minus the voice, oiy!). My "dress" was incredibly casual, which was what I had wanted. One friend had a boyfriend that thought I was just one of her drag-queen friends toning it down for the night. To me, these were all compliments.

If these doesn't qualify me as transgender, then I am at least on the right path.