PDA

View Full Version : Starting all over again.....

ChristineM
11-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Well, it felt like it anyway. Saturday, for the first time in almost a year I got out and about. Shoot, I probably haven't gotten more than a half dozen chances to dress in that time and only for a couple of hours. Today though the wife was out of town. The ultimate stop was the Tri-S meeting in Austin. Normally when I can go I get a motel on the south side and get all pretty there (ok, sorta, kinda, on the verge of, pretty) but took a chance. It was cold and windy so I got dressed, wearing jeans and a sweater top, but my old tennies and a big hooded coat. Which was good because it turned out a neighbor was out. With the hood up, and him on the other side of the truck, pretty sure he didn't see anything. I had my boots in a bag, along with my boy bag, so I stopped at a Walmart in San Marco and finished the change.

Stopped at Chili's on the north side of San Marco for lunch. The butterflies weren't quite as bad as the first time but I stood there by the truck, thought WWKD, pulled up my big girl panties and went in. And, as always, was treated just as nice as could be. Had two of the sweetest waitresses (MA'AM! Thank you dear) that took excellent care of me. Big tip!

Left there and went up to Avenue on the west side of Austin, planning on getting a watch I'd seen online. Found the watch but didn't like it in person, but did find another I did like. No bracelets though that would fit. 8.5" or 3" dia. Not many out there. The SA did point out the sale. Sigh. Found a couple of nice tops and the SA was right at my side offering to open a fitting room. She was a sweetheart, yes I got ma'am more than once.

Too early for the meeting so I stopped by Fair Trade Coffee Shop for a cup of Nutty.

The Tri-S meeting had a Mary Kay rep so now I have one. As usual it was good times, good talk, good people.

I have *got* to make this more of a habit except that in less than a year my wife retires so I'm going to have even less chance to get out.

Life!

JamieQ
11-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Get out every chance/second you can! Not even tomorrow is guaranteed for anyone! Do you know anything about SAT area for CDing? I figure pretty much okay depending on the areas, but I have not been there in about 10 yrs now and stuff changes so quick.

Beverley Sims
11-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Your next thread is "How am I going to break the news to my wife?"
Good for you. :)

ChristineM
11-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Oh, she knows. DADT. But I'm pretty sure she doesn't know I've been out. About three years ago she asked me if I'd ever gone out in public and I told her, truthfully, no. But that got me thinking and in a few months....