PDA

View Full Version : Drive Home (and a lot of shopping)

rookiemistake
11-03-2012, 12:06 AM
So, I decided to visit family in the neighboring state this weekend. This always calls for a little shopping while I'm away from my hometown. It's a 3 hour drive, but I make it take longer. Today's haul was pretty great! I actually went into a Charlotte Russe and tried on and bought a skirt and top. In Hollister and was informed that the skirt I was trying to buy was actually a shirt. Someone call Hillary duff, please. The girls at the counter thought it was pretty funny. I went to a costume store where I got two pairs of thigh highs with bows at the top. I've been staring those down for a while! I also bought some really comfortable boy shorts there. I stopped in a vintage clothes store and got another skirt in black leather, too. Finally I stopped one more time for black leggings and one final skirt. A very productive day!
I drove the whole day dressed and felt awesome. I even pumped gas at a busy station in my new outfit! Really scary, but fun! Does anyone else like to do this kind of thing?

Beverley Sims
11-03-2012, 01:45 AM
When starting out we all get to do something similar to gain confidence.
It looks like you have had another confidence boost.
Keep at it and all the best.

Victoriana
11-03-2012, 01:52 AM
I would like to do that sort of thing but I don't because I don't have the courage. If I did that I would start off dressed up. I am guessing that is how you started off. Good job there, definitely sounded like fun. :)

Megan b
11-03-2012, 10:44 PM
It sounds like you had so much fun. It's always good to get away from home for a little while just, continue to enjoy yourself.

Cynthia Anne
11-03-2012, 11:50 PM
That's a great way to start out! I remember doing that years ago and it was fun! Nowadays I shop where I want and when I want; mostley in my hometown! Have fun!

ChelseaErtel
11-04-2012, 07:57 AM
If I could, I'd never be in drab again. And yes I've done that several times and the count is going up every day.

MsRenee
11-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Ive done the same confussing a top for a skirt has to be the blonde thing lol.
Renee

Paula T
11-04-2012, 09:37 AM
But tops have sleeves:brolleyes: How doe one make that mistake?:D I'm not trying to be mean just gave me a chuckle and I know how nervous I used to be out shopping.:o

rookiemistake
11-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Yeah, this was a strange top. It was a tube, i guess and it had ruffles at the bottom. No sleeves. The sales girls were in stitches laughing at my mistake. I played it off as though I were going to a costume party, and my costume was the "walk of shame." On the trip home today, I splurged a little more. I don't look good in dresses (very skinny, no curves or boobs), but the sweater dress has me absolutely mesmerized when I see girls at work wearing them. So I bought one and stopped at rest stops to take a few pics. I also got another skirt (I have an addiction, I think) in a similar material. It fits better than any other skirt I have. It's form-fitting and wonderful. I sometimes think about quitting my job and going at this hardcore, in another city. But I'm pretty lazy, so I doubt I'll do that any time soon.