PDA

View Full Version : Fem Voice in CD?

AllisontheGoddess
11-03-2012, 01:45 PM
So when I usually CD I'm usually very passable but sometimes it gets a little awkward when people talk to me and they hear my "man" voice >,<. If I had a fem voice I would def. use it but I don't =/. Do you use or have a fem voice when you CD???

candicd
11-03-2012, 01:51 PM
That is one thing that will give us away quickly. I will try to talk a little slower than normal and more deliberate (enunciating better).
However, you don't have to have a teenie bopper voice or some high pitched thing. You can probably just soften up a little and be good.

Tracii G
11-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Yep just soften your natural voice.Try to speak from the top of you voice box, naturally males speak from the bottom.
You can go into a mini mouse type voice then lower it each time until you find a comfy pitch.

Foxglove
11-03-2012, 02:41 PM
I recently bought a voice recorder and I'm working on my voice. I don't have a terribly deep voice to begin with, but it has an "edge" to it that I don't like. I find that if I pitch my voice a bit higher, that edge largely disappears and I think my voice could pass for a relatively low woman's voice.

The problem I have is that my voice sounds very, very high in my head. When I play the recording back, it doesn't sound terribly high at all. So I have to have the confidence to pitch it high, knowing that it doesn't sound that way to others. I'm uncomfortable pitching it at the level I have it now, but hopefully eventually I'll get used to it.

Annabelle

AllisontheGoddess
11-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I went to a Halloween party earlier this week at a club and I gave the security a heart attack 0.0! And ofc he made a HUGE scene --I laughed it of like my CD'ing was a joke for Halloween, but I really didn't want to =[. . . I really just wanted to feel like a women that night. If I could develop some sort of fem voice it would really make me feel a lot better about my CD'ing

Lady Catherine
11-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Remember to practice inflection as well. In addition to a softer tone, you don't want to sound to monotone when talking.