PDA

View Full Version : Going out to eat crossdressed

jjjjohanne
11-05-2012, 07:02 AM
I had to work on Saturday. I took some clothes with me. I decided to go to a Mexican restaurant that is 45 minutes away from my home. I got to the restaurant at 3PM. There were almost no cars in the parking lot. I put on my skirt and took off my pants. I put on some black flats. I kept on my long sleeved, mens, collared, pull-over shirt. My skirt has a beige, brown, and black pattern (Normally, I just wear black or solid colors). If you read my posts, then you might expect that I had no makeup or wig. I was just a man in femme clothes.

I sucked up my courage and got out of my car. I walked up to the building and peeked in the window. The restaurant was almost empty. I went in. There were two men working. They were putting silverware into napkins. They both glanced my way and I got the "up and down glance". One seated me in a booth. A table of three women was the only populated table in my half of the restaurant. They never paid me any attention. I sat down in my booth, crossed my legs and waited.

I felt like my waiter seemed a bit nervous interacting with me. He was professional and kind. The other waiter walked past my table a couple times and I looked up to see him looking at my lower half. He quickly shifted his glance to my face. Other times, he could have walked past my table, but he did not. My food came and I ate. I noticed my hands were shaky. I never saw any staff from the kitchen come out and glance my way or walk by my table for a look. I relaxed, eventually. Another customer came into the restaurant. He sat a few booths behind mine and talked on the phone.

When I finished my meal, I got up to pay. A family was about to come in which made me want to stay in my seat. However, the table of women were leaving, so I got up to go too. I got in line behind the woman who was paying and waited my turn. The family came in and was seated. Then I paid and left. It was practically a non-event.

Next, I went to a clothing store where I recently bought the skirt I was wearing. It was VERY busy. I sat in the car a long time. This location is closer to my home than I normally would allow myself to have an outing. I finally stood up and walked into the building. There were customers spread all over among the racks. I hurriedly walked in between the clothing racks. Then I weaved away from other customers. I stopped in a safe place and caught my breath. No one paid me any attention.

The girl who sold me the skirt saw me and I beckoned her. She came over and said, "I like it. I like the shoes. They were a good choice." We talked briefly and I told her about the restaurant. She said, "That must have been scary." I had this conversation with her while a female customer was shopping on the same row as us. The SA had to go deal with some customers at the register. I relaxed and did some shopping. I found a brown blouse that looked like it might go with the skirt. I went to the changing rooms and tried it on. It looked so good, I pulled the price tag off and got out the cash to pay for it. I was going to wear it out of the store! I walked up to the cash register and paid my friendly SA. I do not know who saw me, but I did it.

Later, at work, I was the only person there. I had been there for a couple hours. It was getting late and I started thinking that I could go get my skirt and put it on. Eventually I did it. I worked for several hours at my job in a skirt. Copy machines make some noises that can terrify a crossdresser in such a situation!!

After work, I went to a somewhat classy 24-hour restaurant (not Waffle House). I was still wearing my skirt. Again, this was too close to home. I could see in the restaurant because it was dark outside. I saw no one I knew. I went in. The hostess looked down suddenly and saw my skirt and did not lose composure in any way. A couple male servers were loitering there. They looked at me and then walked back toward the kitchen. The hostess seated me. I never saw anyone from the kitchen come out to see me.

I ordered my food and could never tell if my server ever noticed my outfit. Later some teenagers came in. That was stressful. One girl looked toward my feet as she walked by. I noticed no other sign of recognition. I finished my meal and I got up and walked to the cash register. The teenagers would have been able to see my back as I walked away. I did not have any small bills for a tip, and I was NOT going to go back to the table where the teenagers and their camera phones were!

I paid for my food while a couple sat in the lobby behind me. I spoke to the hostess and mentioned that I was nervous. She said, "Why?" I said, "Because I am in a skirt." She said, "So?" I mentioned the teenagers to her and asked her to please put my tip on my table. She did and I left.

That was it. Almost no one reacted in any way other than glancing down. I live in a somewhat highly populated part of the world, but it is sufficiently conservative to have a reputation locally. However, people are decent and they looked at something unusual and then treated me with respect. The end. ...and I'm loving it!

Daisy41
11-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Great story! I'm glad that no one made any scenes and acted professionally :) I hope this gives you the confidence to go out more often!

Beverley Sims
11-05-2012, 07:23 AM
What intrigues me is do you want to pass as a woman, or a man in a skirt.
Do they accept you at work dressed.?

bridget thronton
11-05-2012, 09:01 AM
A good account of mostly nice day - hope you will be able to relax more next time, well done today

kimdl93
11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Your experience demonstrates that if a male in a skirt can enjoy dining out and be treated with respect, then those of us who dress fully should be able to do so as well.

wilt575
11-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Your experience demonstrates that if a male in a skirt can enjoy dining out and be treated with respect, then those of us who dress fully should be able to do so as well.

I go out to eat usually at buffet type places pizza etc, with no problems usually in fem jeans,but not bling jeans, and tops just every day casual. Thing is girls, teen on up read me, how I don't know, I can tell by there glances and whispers. Plus they go out there way to walk by my table. Most other people don't give a second glance.

jjjjohanne
11-06-2012, 06:31 AM
What intrigues me is do you want to pass as a woman, or a man in a skirt.
Do they accept you at work dressed.?

I am not interested in becoming a woman. I don't know why. I just love the clothes. Early on, I thought I had to present female to be able to wear a skirt. I went out in shorts and pantyhose almost exclusively. Later I went out in women's shorts, blouse, etc. No one ever seemed to notice. Later I tried that with dark hose. Still no bad reactions. Eventually, I switched to a skirt. People always notice and give me the glance down. Men look at my legs or skirt. Women look at my shoes (it's kind of funny). I am not open about my crossdressing. No one at work knows. I want it this way (and so does my wife).

famousunknown
11-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Sorry, but I just don't get the 'man in a skirt' thing at all. The way you kept commenting on people looking or not, almost makes it sound like you're getting some sort of kick out of them looking. It's free country and you can do what you want. I guess this is not for me to understand.

Jamie001
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Sorry, but I just don't get the 'man in a skirt' thing at all. The way you kept commenting on people looking or not, almost makes it sound like you're getting some sort of kick out of them looking. It's free country and you can do what you want. I guess this is not for me to understand.

Man in a skirt is fashion freedom. Just like women have fashion freedom to wear men's clothing. The only to obtain fashion freedom is to just get out there and wear the clothing that you want to wear. Not a difficult concept at all.

Tracii G
11-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Man in a skirt is fashion freedom. Just like women have fashion freedom to wear men's clothing. The only to obtain fashion freedom is to just get out there and wear the clothing that you want to wear. Not a difficult concept at all.

I agree the freedom to wear the unconventional rather normal male attire.
No sense to go all one way or the other if you like mixing male and female clothes go for it.
I know some GG's here think a guy looks stupid doing that but you are free to do and wear what you want.
I have noticed since the weather has gotten cooler larger numbers of younger guys are wearing more kilt like skirts and I embrace it.

Jamie001
11-06-2012, 07:42 PM
I agree the freedom to wear the unconventional rather normal male attire.
No sense to go all one way or the other if you like mixing male and female clothes go for it.
I know some GG's here think a guy looks stupid doing that but you are free to do and wear what you want.
I have noticed since the weather has gotten cooler larger numbers of younger guys are wearing more kilt like skirts and I embrace it.

If you really think about it, male attire is so limited. Think about a male getting married: He will get all dressed-up and look exactly like the waiter that is serving everyone drinks! Why would anyone want to get dressed up like the waiter? There reason is because there is only one acceptable formal male outfit and it is essentially a "uniform" or monkey suit. Fashion needs to evolve. Women wear every article of male fashion. I even remember an article in the New York Times several years ago regarding women wearing large, expensive men's watches. Crossing the gender line for women is encouraged, while men that cross the gender line are usually shunned or worse.

Kim_Bitzflick
11-06-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm glad you are getting out. I know how difficult it can be in the beginning.

And to let you know, some people just don't notice. Two years ago, I went to the fireworks with my CD friend. I was in drab with my kids & he was presenting as a male wearing a skirt. at the end of the night, my one daughter asked about the skirt and my other daughter didn't even notice after being with us for 3 hours!

jjjjohanne
11-07-2012, 06:34 AM
And to let you know, some people just don't notice. Two years ago, I went to the fireworks with my CD friend. I was in drab with my kids & he was presenting as a male wearing a skirt. at the end of the night, my one daughter asked about the skirt and my other daughter didn't even notice after being with us for 3 hours!

Kim,
I am sure a percentage don't notice. I previously have only gone out in a black skirt. This time it was a patterned skirt. I think it is more noticeable. I would only expect to see a pattern like this on a man if he was golfing. :) But when I have gone out in my black skirt, often I was wearing dark hose and heels... so maybe I am always equally noticeable.

You were with a CD with your daughters? If I remember correctly, they were unaware of your CDing. Has that changed? Also, what was their reaction?

STACY B
11-07-2012, 07:27 AM
In Time it will be Normal ,,Just keep pushing it ,,, The more you do the less it will bother you ,,Ya ever notice that family will notice way more than a stranger ? Hell people don't care how your dressed as long as your purse isn't empty !! LOL,,,, You do have a Purse don't you ??

TeresaL
11-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Luv it. Our brain maps are all over the place. So wherever you are in this wide, wide spectrum, I do understand.