PDA

View Full Version : Voting

stacycoral
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
:) Hi, this is not a question for who, but are you going to go to the polls as a woman, :2c: if i did not live in a small town (less than a 1000 people):thumbsdn: that everyone know me, :sad: i feel like i would love to go to the polls:daydreaming: and vote for my choice it would just be me out in the real world, so are there any CD or T-girls planning on casing your vote tomorrow as a lady? :2c:

Foxglove
11-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Tomorrow? I thought it was Saturday!

Oh, sorry! Wrong country. Here in Ireland we're voting on a constitutional amendment on Saturday. Yes, tomorrow there is something on in the States. I heard something about it.

Anyway, yes, I do plan to try and vote on Saturday en femme. I don't know how it will go. I plan to bring lots of ID with me, so maybe I'll get away with it. I'll let you know.

Annabelle

suchacutie
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Only if you have a permanent ID that would make it clear to the people at the polls that you are proving who you are :)

linda allen
11-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Unless you have transitioned or are in the process of transitioning, I think you have to present as your ID indicates. Voting is far too important to mess around with. Vote early, then go home and change. I voted two days ago. My state allows early voting in some instances.

stacycoral
11-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Unless you have transitioned or are in the process of transitioning, I think you have to present as your ID indicates. Voting is far too important to mess around with. Vote early, then go home and change. I voted two days ago. My state allows early voting in some instances.
This could be, i guess if i could do it here, everyone know everyone but that is the trouble, i see your point

Only if you have a permanent ID that would make it clear to the people at the polls that you are proving who you are :)

i think my ID they would laugh no matter what.

Tomorrow? I thought it was Saturday!

Oh, sorry! Wrong country. Here in Ireland we're voting on a constitutional amendment on Saturday. Yes, tomorrow there is something on in the States. I heard something about it.

Anyway, yes, I do plan to try and vote on Saturday en femme. I don't know how it will go. I plan to bring lots of ID with me, so maybe I'll get away with it. I'll let you know.

Annabelle

Good for your girl, let us know how it goes for sure,

IngeInCO
11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Mail in ballot if that's an option

Melissa73
11-05-2012, 06:45 PM
im gonna vote! and i think ill wear my white stretch demin jeans bra and panties...... :)

Jamie001
11-05-2012, 06:59 PM
I will vote in my normal feminine male appearance.

Frédérique
11-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Hi, this is not a question for who, but are you going to go to the polls as a woman...

No. I live in a small town, and they need to see a photo ID before I can vote – I don’t have one of me as Freddy. In any event, I'm registered as "M," not "F." :sad:

stacycoral
11-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Mail in ballot if that's an option

I don't know if we have it here,

im gonna vote! and i think ill wear my white stretch demin jeans bra and panties...... :)
i think i will underdress, maybe even girls jeans, i just have to think on it so more,

I will vote in my normal feminine male appearance.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

No. I live in a small town, and they need to see a photo ID before I can vote – I don’t have one of me as Freddy. In any event, I'm registered as "M," not "F." :sad:

In my small town, they call you by your first name, don't need ID anyway i don't remembeer showing one in the past, the results from the polling with problemly go by pony express

AmyGaleRT
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I already early-voted...in drab. :(

But if I'd opted for the mail-in ballot, I suppose I could have dropped the ballot off en femme without any trouble. :)

- Amy

sissystephanie
11-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I will vote as the male that I am! The people at the place where I vote all know me very well, and would not recognize me as Stephanie! Besides my I.D. says male!!

Ashley Lyn
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm voting on the way to 'work'.. (part-time stuff)
They all know me as a guy.. guessing going 'dressed' may be an issue..!
Sure does sound like fun tho'..
Hoping to get out 'dressed' later in the week!

RADER
11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
My wife and I voted a week ago; We had early Voting, and I jumped at it.
The wife needs a wheel Chair, So early Voting is less of a hassle. There was an
hour wait, I was surprised. I did vote wearing panties and fem jeans, I hope that
was OK. LOL
Voting is a rite of freedom; Let us not waist it.
Rader

wilt575
11-05-2012, 10:30 PM

What about a top and will you wear forms in bra? I'm wearing lavender curvy strech demin jeans thongs,bra with B forms. Four button pullover sweater with left hand buttons, no makeup or wig and won't shave, that way will match photo from neck up. Never had problem in local elections.

Jilmac
11-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I already cast my absentee ballot as my male self. I think anybody who has not transitioned or in transition, would be considered a fraud and the vote may not be counted.

linda allen
11-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Since it has come up, I stated above that I had already voted (early voting for seniors and those who will be out of town on election day). I was wearing women's jeans, panties, and a bra (as well as a shirt, socks, and shoes), my normal attire for being out,

Phoebe
11-06-2012, 08:20 AM
I plan to go in mostly male mode face wise. No makeup but will be wearing my bra and panties under my woman's jeans and woman's top. I do not have a gender change marker documents, so my ID has "M" on my DL. Although haven't been asked to show my ID since starting to go to the polls when Kennedy & Nixon were running ;) feel if I went appearing female, might be questioned on my "ID". One of the questions on the ballot will be for voter ID, I am voting NO, also same sex marriage question, voting NO!

Janet

Tina B.
11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
I just got back from voting, first in my precient! While I went as a guy, I did wear a pair of femine jeans.

stacycoral
11-06-2012, 07:26 PM
well girls i voted this morning, i did underdress with my panties , sport bra, pantyhose, well we will all see what happens now.

Jocelyn Quivers
11-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Nope I went as a guy but I am now in girl mode :)

Megan Briana
11-06-2012, 09:33 PM
I voted last friday with early voting in FLorida. I underdresses as normal; undergarments, cami, and I even went a little daring with some low cut, tight fitting lady's jeans. Now tonight, I am kicking back watching the results in a nice loose fitting skirt and a new sheer top with a very pink bra. I feel kind a trampy with the bra showing thru the top and I am liking it :-)

Tracii G
11-06-2012, 10:08 PM
I had my normal mixed gender style going just like everyday but had my wig on.
The lady that always checks my ID said wow your hair has gotten so long in the last 4 years you look so much different.
She showed my ID to the older man helping her and he said you're lucky I wish I had hair all over my head not just on the sides.
We all had a chuckle over that comment.

Badtranny
11-06-2012, 10:19 PM
You know what's funny?

Some of the people in this thread have been very vocal about which way they're voting in another (now locked) thread and to hear that they cast that vote while under-dressed is priceless.

...and that's all I have to say about that.

joanna marie
11-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Voted in drab
but
I'm watching the returns pretty

Rhonda Ann
11-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Didn't even think about it, I always wear my panties, does that count? Next time we'll see.

Elsa Larson
11-06-2012, 11:45 PM
I voted in my transitioned appearance - showed my new Driver's License photo (still the old name and "M"), was greeted by a poll worker who has known me for 25+ years. The woman in line in front of me had met the drab me on a dating site and had invited the new me to her home where I met her son. A neighbor came into the polling place without seeming to recognize me but she put it together when she saw me get in my car.

Overall, voting "pretty" was completely uneventful but lots of fun.

Beverley Sims
11-07-2012, 07:37 AM
I voted in my transitioned appearance - showed my new Driver's License photo (still the old name and "M"), was greeted by a poll worker who has known me for 25+ years. The woman in line in front of me had met the drab me on a dating site and had invited the new me to her home where I met her son. A neighbor came into the polling place without seeming to recognize me but she put it together when she saw me get in my car.

Overall, voting "pretty" was completely uneventful but lots of fun.
You sound like you are getting it easier these days.
I do not know your history but from what you say life seems easy.
So I say, good for you Elsa.

Phoebe
11-07-2012, 09:01 AM
I plan to go in mostly male mode face wise. No makeup but will be wearing my bra and panties under my woman's jeans and woman's top. I do not have a gender change marker documents, so my ID has "M" on my DL. Although haven't been asked to show my ID since starting to go to the polls when Kennedy & Nixon were running ;) feel if I went appearing female, might be questioned on my "ID". One of the questions on the ballot will be for voter ID, I am voting NO, also same sex marriage question, voting NO!

Janet
Both the same sex marriage and voter ID were defeated in Minnesota. However there is more work to be done on same sex marriage in Minnesota is make that legal!

Cindy J Angel
11-07-2012, 05:53 PM
YES i did. have pic on hear what i look like. i did not have enty problems with it. talk to avery body ou t frount and had a goot time love cindy

5150 Girl
11-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Well, I have an androgenous DL photo... I walked in in a pink turtle neck and denum skirt, and nude pumps... There was a moment of confusion when I pronouned Brian, as (Bree-an) They kept trying to call me Anita, (may grandma's name also retuns to this adress, And I'm all.. no,,, "Bee-an.... b-r-i-a-n,,, funny spelling I know.... Anita's my gandma." Ohhhh... ok.... I found you now Bree-an..... sign here, and here's your ballot.....
On a festive side note, A guy came in a few minutes later, and took the cubical next to me, and said "You have very pretty hair" I just said thanks, and went on about my buisness...

Sam-antha
11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
By the time the next one comes around, anything might have happened, Seems that the Poitical World is getting in shape for 2016, so why should you not get some practice in ?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83550.html?hp=t1_3

~Samm

PS Not that I was practising, but i did once visit our Parliament in Edinburgh. Sadly none of the photos were of quality, but i did enjoy the trip. Somehow my red skirt did not go with the wooden paneling and seating.
~S~

lingerieLiz
11-08-2012, 10:41 PM
A couple years ago I voted in gg shorts, top, sandles and underdressed including bra. People know me here, but no one said a word or gave me any strange looks. Only consideration I gave it was that it was hot and my top was light weight. Figured someone might see my bra lines as I bent over. Every one was way to busy to notice.

Foxglove
11-10-2012, 06:07 AM

Good for your girl, let us know how it goes for sure,

Yes, this is Ireland, but we're having our referendum today, and I did get to vote with no problem. I showed up in my full glory (except that I was wearing slacks instead of a skirt because I'd just been out for a walk). The polling station, as always, is at a primary school, and when I got there, instead of going into the classroom where I always get my ballot, I asked to speak to the person in charge. I had a word with her in private, explained my situation, showed her my ID, and her response was, "No problem!" So she took me back to the classroom in question and had her people give me a ballot.

And that was it. No problem.

Annabelle

karanne
11-10-2012, 09:13 PM
I hope the Irish vote went better than it did here in Florida. Lemme 'splain ...

I work IT for the City, and one of the voting locations was here at City Hall, however we were also supporting the County IT people, so I got to run all over to the different voting sites in the City, so I heard some stories. A neighbor and her husband have been election volunteers for ten or so years, so we got together with them for some drinks and some stories this weekend.

At least here in this county, voters are given ballots that they fill in an oval (using blue or black ink) which is then scanned in the different precincts by a two-sided scanner that is mounted on top of a large wheelie-type bin (like you put out the trash with). It specifically says, in LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS, that voters are not to mark their ballots with a check or an 'X'. Instead, they are to FILL IN THE OVAL, for ONE and ONLY ONE person for each office, and EXAMPLES ARE GIVEN. These instructions are also given in SIXTEEN (16) DIFFERENT LANGUAGES, including two forms of Chinese. Reasonably straightforward, you would think?

Noooooo. As some of you may have noticed, people don't read signs (or instructions). There were ballots with FIVE votes for different candidates for various offices, there were the usual checks and 'X' marks, there were holes punched in the ballots (I guess they missed the punch-type Vote-a-matic machines from the 2000 election.), people SIGNED the ballots (Hello? Secret ballot, y'know?), all of which has to be reviewed by a judge. This is one reason why Florida is something of a laughingstock when it comes to elections.

Foxglove
11-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Hi, Karanne! I'm afraid you'd be out of work here in Ireland. No IT is needed at elections. It's still the old-fashioned system of pencil and paper here, and all the counting of votes is done manually. (They did have voting machines in Dublin for a while, but I believe they've got rid of all of them now. They spent a fortune buying them, then spent another fortune storing them between elections and finally decided they weren't worth it.)

The reason for this is Ireland's voting system (Proportional Representation) which is deliciously complicated. To give an example: in the last parliamentary election in my constituency there were 9 candidates for 3 seats. You can vote for all 9 of them if you want. You just rank them in order of your preference--1, 2, 3, etc., up to 9. In practice, nobody would do that. I myself voted for 3 of them, ranking them 1, 2, 3.

When counting starts, all the ballots are divvied up among the candidates, depending on the Number 1 preference marked on the ballot. If nobody's elected on that round of counting, the candidate at the bottom is eliminated. All of his/her ballots will be examined to see what the Number 2 preferences are, and then those ballots will be distributed among the remaining candidates. Then the second round of counting is done to see if anybody's elected. If not, the candidate now at the bottom is eliminated and his/her ballots distributed among the remaining candidates according to Number 2 or 3 preferences. Then a third count is made, and so on, until three candidates are declared elected. In a big constituency there might be as many as 15 rounds or so of counting before all the winners are declared.

In order to be elected a candidate has to reach the "quota". Since there are three seats up for grab in this constituency, the quota is one-fourth of the total vote.

The way it would work for my ballot in particular is this: it would initially go to my Number 1 preference. If he/she is eliminated, it would then go to my Number 2 preference. If he/she is eliminated, it would go to my Number 3 preference. If he/she is eliminated, since I only marked 3 preferences, my ballot would be thrown out at that point.

The good thing about the system is that you don't waste your vote by voting for someone you'd like to see elected but realistically hasn't a prayer. They'll be eliminated, but then your ballot will go to your Number 2 preference, who, hopefully, is somebody you can live with. So you have a good chance of helping at least a compromise candidate get elected.

But as far as ballots in general go, it doesn't matter to a candidate whether the ballots he/she has got are Number 1, 2, 3 preferences or whatever. If a ballot eventually ends up in his/her pile, it counts as a vote. So after the first round of counting, every candidate will be looking at how many Number 1 preferences they got and then will be trying to predict how many other ballots will come his/her way from the other candidates so as to try and rate their chances of getting elected. E.g., a candidate might be in 6th position after the first round of counting, but if he/she is picking up lots of transfers, it might be enough to put him/her over the quota.

Is all this clear? Probably not. There are many Irish people who've been voting for years and still haven't figured it out. Instead of marking a 1, 2, 3, etc., beside the candidate's names of their choice, they just check them all. Then, since it isn't clear who their Number 1, 2, 3 preferences are, their ballots get thrown out.

What's the purpose of all this? Proportional Representation is designed to ensure that each party gets (at least roughly) the same percentage of seats in the Parliament as they get of the popular vote. And the system does actually work. It's complicated, and sometimes it takes two or three days to complete the counting in a particular constituency, but it's fair. I've always much preferred this system to the American electoral college.

Another good thing is that the candidates will really be sweating it out. When there's three candidates left for the final seat and they're all running pretty much neck and neck and wondering who's the next one who's going to be elected and how many transfers they're going to get, they'll be in agony. Especially if the Returning Officer (the one in charge of the count) decides it's time to go to bed and they'll resume the counting in the morning. It's not often you see politicians really sweating like that.

But the most fun of all is when a candidate loses out on a seat by, say, 6 votes out of about 20,000 cast. He/she immediately demands a recount, and the Returning Officer has no choice but to comply. Then they get to do the whole thing all over again. Gotta love it.

Annabelle

missmars
02-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I voted as male mode. I think voting as feminine mode ,i mayt change others vot.

Kate Simmons
02-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Didn't see this until now. Some poll workers may question the sincerity of your vote if you are registered in your male name. Just something to consider to possibly avoid a scene unless you don't really care.:)

Lorileah
02-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Kate, that isn't there job to question your sincerity, you could waste your vote on anything you want but you have the right to vote

BillieJoEllen
02-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Hmmmmm.....another vote coming up in another two weeks. I always underdress when voting (who cares?) Our state supreme court overthrew our voter ID law last summer just in time for a major recall election..... If the people tending the polls question your sincerity then I would question there bias.

mikiSJ
02-06-2013, 02:41 PM
I think Inge has the best answer: do a mail in ballot and walk to the post office/corner post box.

Either that or be prepared to head back home after the 86 year old woman polling place worker freaks out when she sees your boy picture on your D/L.

RADER
02-06-2013, 03:08 PM
In Chicago; The motto is.......Vote Early and Often.
See there is two Halloweens in Illinois. One on the traditional day, Oct. 31 ST.
And the second one on Election day, the first Tuesday in Nov.
See that is when all the ghost come out to play. LOL
Rader

Barbra P
02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I’ve never been asked for ID at the polls, and I believe it may be illegal for the poll workers to ask for ID in California. I’ve always just showed them my voter pamphlet and then signed the sheet of registered voters for my precinct, after signing they hand me a ballot and I walk to one of the voting stations. When you get a driver’s license the DMV will register you to vote and they are not allowed to ask for proof of citizenship. I’ve worked with people who are not citizens who have admitted that they vote.