PDA

View Full Version : 2012 cruise... SUCCESS!

Jenna J
11-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Well, first a HUGE thank you to my wife for booking and going on the cruise with me. I know it was difficult for her to put herself out there with me. Thanks to Melonie for organizing this cruise! Thanks to all the girls we met and got to know. It was truly a memorable time. My wife and I have both learned so much from all of you. It amazes me how comfortable most of you are in public around so many people. It shows me how far I have to go in my own life to be comfortable with who I am.

Instead of writing a book about everything that happened, I will answer any questions to the best of my ability. This was my first time dressed in public (also first time in front of my wife in full mode).

kimdl93
11-05-2012, 01:02 PM
well, what was the cruise? Was it exclusively for Cdrs or were there other passengers? Where did you go?

Jenna J
11-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Sorry, I made the assumption that everyone knew about it. It was called Dignity Cruise (for crossdressers) and left from Miami a week ago to the Bahamas and back to Miami Sat morning. There were about 20 CDrs in the mix of about 2,500 people.

Hopefully will have pictures to come...

jentou
11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
I am glad you had a good time
What did you enjoy most about the cruise and being dressed in public ?

sonna
11-05-2012, 04:01 PM
hello all i was on the cruise with jenna j this was her first time out and with her wife as well....
please give them a round of applause (((you go girl)))

by the way i think she handled her self wonderfully and her wife was amazingly supportive these two are my new ((best friends))
i will talk to you soon//// JJ

Lady Slipper
11-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi Jenna, I'm glad you and your wife had a good time! I am going on a cruise from Miami to the Caribbean in Jan., extra drab for me, it's with my immediate family. My toe polish will have to go, and no shaving my legs this winter either :( But my mom is footing the bill, so it is what it is. Have I mentioned I love my mom? :D

Roberta Marie
11-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Jenna,

I'm glad that you had a good time. My wife and I went on a Dignity cruise 2 years ago and had a great time. Last year we booked a cruise on our own. It was a "straight" cruise, but I dressed the entire time, except when we went ashore. We had a great time on that cruise, too. There were absolutely no issues with me dressing, and most people took it in stride. The only exception was a couple that sat at our dinner table. They never said anything derogitory of negative, but the first night they were very quiet. They must have requested a diifferent table, because they did not eat with us after that.

For anyone that is just getting their feet wet in crossdressing, a Dignity cruise is a great confidence builder.

RicciMarie
11-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi Jenna finally got here in this group. Im so glad to meet you and Stacie, and so happy to be your friends. You took a giant step but got out in the public and did fantastic at showing yourself . I hope to see you two again on another cruise or a national event someplace. Thanks RicciMarie PS next time Im going to hit you two up on how to go snorkeling

Beverley Sims
11-07-2012, 08:03 AM
I have been tempted to try a Dignity cruise but some of the evenings planned locally always seem to appeal more.