PDA

View Full Version : Impatient to start

ChelseaErtel
11-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Have any of you TS's, once you have come to understand you are really a woman grow impatient to start transitioning?

I'm not really impatient now, but I do so badly want to start. I'm getting everything arranged and it takes time which is good. But some days I just want to get to rolling. I'd love to rid of my man parts, they are so annoying and get in the way.

I won't be doing ANYTHING for at least a year or more, and I'm OK with that, but as time passes it just seems like every time I dress, it feels more right if feels. I was talking one of my colleagues at work who knows and showing photos of my outfits. I now have to concentrate on not acting too feminine. I told my colleague I was concerned about my voice, and she said I sounded feminine already and my movements were feminine, but over so that if someone who doesn't know wouldn't notice, especially men.

Is impatience a common?

AudreyTN
11-05-2012, 04:21 PM
very common. lol. just hang in there, it will all happen when it's supposed to. :)

ChelseaErtel
11-05-2012, 04:23 PM
very common. lol. just hang in there, it will all happen when it's supposed to. :)

I was pretty sure, it's just comforting to know your aren't alone.

Saffron
11-05-2012, 04:27 PM
I think it's very common to be impatient until you read about all the cons of HRT, SRS, etc.

Nicole Erin
11-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I think it's very common to be impatient until you read about all the cons of HRT, SRS, etc.
The real con being the cost of it.

In the meantime, why not do things like - work on voice, get in shape if need be, electro (if affordable) get comfy with being out as a woman, start deciding what your new name is gonna be (very serious decision here)

Some think transition is about getting things chopped off or growing other things but there is a lot more to it.
OR if you are poor like me and can afford only the real cheap or free stuff, work on those then.

Inna
11-05-2012, 06:32 PM
No such thing as patience, when the walls crumbled and I had a first glimpse of freedom in the distance, I wanted it all right then and there.

Kirsty_D
11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
No such thing as patience, when the walls crumbled and I had a first glimpse of freedom in the distance, I wanted it all right then and there.

Agreed! and despite the fact that I know it will take it's time and can't be hurried I still want it all right now :(

ChelseaErtel
11-05-2012, 06:48 PM
In the meantime, why not do things like - work on voice, get in shape if need be, electro (if affordable) get comfy with being out as a woman, start deciding what your new name is gonna be (very serious decision here)

Some think transition is about getting things chopped off or growing other things but there is a lot more to it.
OR if you are poor like me and can afford only the real cheap or free stuff, work on those then.

I agree with that. I am working on my voice, walk and dressing as much as possible. I'm going out Friday after 2 pm shopping and going to a support group. So yes, I can afford to do more than I'm ready for. I'm going slowly, but just wondered if anyone felt the same - and they do.

kellycan27
11-05-2012, 07:01 PM
I agree with that. I am working on my voice, walk and dressing as much as possible. I'm going out Friday after 2 pm shopping and going to a support group. So yes, I can afford to do more than I'm ready for. I'm going slowly, but just wondered if anyone felt the same - and they do.

Just curious.... Do you think that the urgency that you might be experiencing has anything to do with joining this site and reading about those who are further along in the process? Does this site.. add to your GD suffering?

Jorja
11-05-2012, 07:12 PM
They say patience is a virtue. "They" have never had GD! It is quite common for a TS to be impatient. It is like a kid waiting for Christmas. Oh but when that day comes, it is fantastic. Start electrolysis yesterday if you can afford it.

ChelseaErtel
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Just curious.... Do you think that the urgency that you might be experiencing has anything to do with joining this site and reading about those who are further along in the process? Does this site.. add to your GD suffering?

Actually I don't think the site has anything to do with my feelings other than being comforting. I've actually never even thought about others further along. I'm not suffering, just still exploring, just curious. I see the light at the end of the tunnel and that is comforting too. My wife is still with me and I'm still in my home - what is there to complain about?

My wife and I will hold steady for a year or two and see how we are next year. We don't want to lose each other, so the waiting to transition is healthy and necessary. My understanding of myself as a woman releases something that makes me feel normal. But I am balancing that with my family. I'm not impatient to proceed, I can wait. But there are moments where I wish it was finished is all and that's normal.

I'm very lucky to have a supporting wife who will be with me. We haven't told our children, but some day. We will work on that later. We talked this evening and it's not all a clothes thing, but a body thing. If my wife kicked me out of the house and divorced me, I'd transition as soon as I could. But, she didn't, and we still love each other even though the intimate side had been gone for a very long time. So I have her and my children to take care of and consider first before solving my problem and I'm good with that. I'm happy do do that.

And I am going to start electrolysis or laser soon.

TeresaL
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
I have similar feelings. At 65, I don't want to throw my wife out on the street and lose all material possessions. Yet, I have to if she won't let me be Teresa, and have told her that. She has chosen to stay, although I think GRS will break us up. So I'm taking the slow road.

Kind of makes me a virtual woman instead of a physical one, I guess.

Kate Simmons
11-07-2012, 11:44 AM
It sounds like the embryo of womanhood is developing inside you my friend. Patience is the key. My most difficult issue in all of my lives has been patience. After long and arduous work, I have been successful this time around but as Ringo said"You know it don't come easy.":)

Nicole Brown
11-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Hey Chelsea,

Patience is something that I once thought I had an abundance of, girl was I ever wrong. I recently purchased a new condo for myself, to live in after my divorce is finalized, and up until I signed the contract I truly believe that I was a patient individual. When I move into the condo, sometime in mid 2013, I will begin living full time as Nicole, my HRT will begin in January to prepare for that moment.

For the past several weeks all I can think of is moving out and starting my new life. I have become so impatient that I almost don't recognize myself any more. I have read everyone's advice and suggestions and for the most part have accomplished all of them. I have been told that I walk, sit, stand and talk like a girl. I completed my laser treatments and have had about a dozen electrolysis treatments.

I have visited with 2 surgeons for my FFS and BA and had a third appointment scheduled for this morning which had to be canceled thanks to the aftermath of Sandy. I have my therapist's letter recommending me for HRT and surgeries so as you can see, I am pretty well set. My only problem or issue is time, there is just too much of it between now and when I can take my next major step.

So, to finally answer you original question, yes impatience definitely does exist...

~Seana~
11-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I remember this so well. That six month wait from referral to first appointment with my endocrinologist just about killed me.

Seana

Danika140
11-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I wonder if some of the impatience that people are feeling is coming from the knowledge that time has a way of slipping away and they want to maximize their time living as they feel they should? I know that when I first knew I was without a doubt TG, I was barely 22 years old. Now, I just turned 26 and no closer to transitioning than I was 4 years ago. I've since calmed down but I definitely felt a resurgence of impatience when I joined this site little less than a year ago.

ChelseaErtel
11-07-2012, 02:42 PM
I wonder if some of the impatience that people are feeling is coming from the knowledge that time has a way of slipping away and they want to maximize their time living as they feel they should?

I would say yes to that. I'm in my 50s, ouch.

Jennifer Marie P.
11-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Very common just be patient and take it slow it will work out in the long run.

ChelseaErtel
11-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Very common just be patient and take it slow it will work out in the long run.

That's what I'm doing and it's comforting to know one is not alone. My biggest thing now is I want my ears pierced. But my wife is not ready yet, so I shall wait until she is ready. Only told her I was TS a week ago. My goodness, it seems like months already.

Kate Simmons
11-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Chelsea, From what I've read here and what you have told me, you are addressing the whole process in a logical practical manner in a way that will have the least impact to all concerned, including yourself. It's a matter of fact that it has been established you are a woman inside.Just know that your friends are here to support you in your eventual re-birth as a woman. I "feel" the woman in you when we talk and that woman is a warm and loving and nurturing person.:)