PDA

View Full Version : Stretch Denim Jeans

partygurl
11-27-2005, 10:02 PM
I am a little perplexed. Why are womens jeans stretchy and not mens? My weight is always fluctuating it seems and it would be nice to have a little give around the waistline. I really like the Levi Strauss brand, however it would appear only the womans jeans have the stretchyness. I did try a pair on and they fit comfortably. They felt as it they hugged your legs some and had lot of stretch. The size 16 fit well. But when I'm not dressing, I would want some comfortable jeans w/o looking girly. Actually I find womens jeans fit a lot better than mens. Can guys get away with wearing jeans from the opposite sex as the ladies do for wearing mens?

Julie

BrendaChristine
11-27-2005, 10:16 PM
I have a couple of pair of women's jeans that work well. They are plain, and baggy in the seat without padding. They are a little narrow at the ankle, but if I wear them a little low they bunch up a bit so it isn't noticeable. they work well with a sweatshirt or untucked buttondown.

partygurl
11-28-2005, 08:14 AM
It looks like womens jeans are somewhat more shapely then mens. I'm not sure how noticable it would be for a guy.

dottiep
11-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Try Marks and Spencer. They do a 'Blue Harbour' range of jeans with lycra that have strtch and they also fit well.

Robertacd
11-28-2005, 07:04 PM
I have been wearing womans jeans for years and no body has noticed as far as I can tell.

JoannaDees
11-28-2005, 07:27 PM
I wear women's jeans, and because of the stretch they are comfy. I'm partial to Levis 518's, but they are super low rise. Not that it matters since I don't wear shirts that tuck.

I do have men's jeans from Lucky Brand, and they are stretch and kind of low-rise, also very comfy.

Wenda
11-28-2005, 07:36 PM
I also enjoy my femme jeans, and wear them often. Mine, however are a bit bell-bottomed, so I feel a bit conspicuous.

brendalee70
11-28-2005, 07:36 PM
I have gone out with hiphuggers and they feel comfortable, so far no one had noticed.
i have some pics with the jeans on at the pic gallery under new pics by brendalee

Adrianne
11-28-2005, 08:26 PM
I don't own any mens jeans now, all i got is womens jeans and i wear them all the time and no one even notices.

cathy b
11-29-2005, 06:12 AM
i love womens strech jeans. and now that is cold and just plian crappy weather here i will wear them a lot more.

Lissa Stevens
11-29-2005, 08:35 AM
I have worn nothing but women's jeans for the last 10 years and nobody notices as long as you don't get the really femme looking ones. Because of my job and community activities I have to appear male in public but I wear Walmart women's jeans with no problems.:gog:

Jennifercd_NJ
11-29-2005, 08:50 AM
I have several pairs of womens jeans (only one mens) and I am always wearing them... no one really notices.

Erica Lauren James
11-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Hey partygurl,

Of course you can every pair of jeans as well as pants that I own are women's and have never had a problem wearing them as a guy. You just can't wear the frilly stuff though and get away with it. :-)

Kiera

Billijo49504
11-29-2005, 10:46 AM
I have 2 pair of mens jeans. All the rest are womens jeans. Most of them are Lane Bryant stretch boot cut jeans. At first I took the stitching off the back pockets, now I don't.

Kathleen3359
11-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Thats all i wear.. Have several pair no one notices or if they do no one has said anything.. But i dont care if they do.. I wear low rise (brand) is Mudd
i just love the way they hug my butt, and legs..

Kathleen:)

Kierci
11-29-2005, 02:01 PM
I would have to say that society wants men to be BORING which is why I love skirts and heels so much. 0.02

Nicole Lee
11-30-2005, 06:19 PM
It seems girls/womens jeans have more of a boot (flare) cut than men's, which are more straight cut. But, if you wear a size big enough, it's somewhat hard to tell the difference anyway. I wore my size 15 (I fit more girly in size 11-13) GLO jeans out in public once, and they pretty much looked pretty male except for the flare cut at the bottom, which most people probably didn't notice/care.