PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you girls need a little push

Marla GG
11-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Today was another day of firsts for Angel and me. We had an en femme trip to the mall….no it wasn’t the first time for that…..but on the way we stopped at the supermarket for groceries, and afterwards we went to a coffee shop. Both were new experiences for us, at least as two girls!

Angel: Marla suggested an en femme outing on Saturday, but I really wasn’t in the mood. I know what you’re thinking…..not in the mood to go out en femme with my supportive wife?!!? Well no, I really wasn’t! But today Marla was much more persistent. “We really shouldn’t miss the opportunity darling,” she said. I said, “Hmmm, okay.”

Marla: Angel can be so difficult sometimes! Getting her to go out today required all my powers of persuasion. Luckily, those powers are formidable. Besides, I knew she would thank me for it later. And she did.

Angel: Marla said she would like to take me to the mall to preview Christmas gifts that we might buy for each other. “It’s no big deal; we’ve done it before,” she reminded me. I don’t know if anyone else ever feels this way, but there are times when you want to go out dressed…..but you just feel you can’t. That’s when it helps to have a little push.

Marla: Oops! I forgot to tell Angel that we needed to stop and pick up a few groceries on the way to the mall. When I turned into the supermarket parking lot, Angel said, “I thought we were going to the mall!” I said, “Don’t worry, this will only take a minute.”

Angel: I had never been to the supermarket en femme before. But I wasn’t really bothered by the thought of cruising the aisles. It’s the checkout lines that are a problem for me. The thought of being stuck in line with people in front and people behind, all really close, with nothing to do but stand and stare! And have you ever noticed how chatty those cashiers can be? I don’t have a convincing femme voice (yet). Eeek!

Marla: I knew everything would be fine. And it was. Angel seemed to have a little trouble knowing what to do in the checkout line; she looked at her nails and fussed with the contents of her purse while I paid for our purchases. And I swear, no one was staring at her! I was watching the other customers the entire time and never saw a single person do a double take.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/9918/26pq.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/14/30yj.jpg

Angel: My thoughts as we returned to the car were, “Wow, no one took any notice of me.” I was ready for the mall.

Marla: We had a good time browsing in Macy’s. At one point I asked a salesgirl where the cashmere cardigans were, and after she directed us upstairs she looked at Angel and grinned. “She totally knew!” Angel whispered to me. “Oh cut it out. She did not,” I said. “Do you want me to go back and ask her? That would serve you right!”

Angel: “No!” I said. “I mean, uh, no, that’s okay.” We went upstairs, perused the sales racks, and tried on a couple of things in the dressing room. Here is a skirt I really liked:

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5443/45gh.jpg

Marla: After dragging Angel all over Macy’s, I suggested we go and have a coffee at La Bou, the café next door. “Oh no, I can’t do that,” Angel protested. “Hmmm,” I said, “Well let’s stroll down the mall then.”

Angel: We strolled through the mall. If you’ve ever done this before, you know what it’s like. You are looking for any sign that people are clocking you. Amazingly, no one looked at me any more than normal. Eventually we found a Ross store—one of our favorite bargain outlets—and went in to have a look around.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5280/53yf.jpg

Marla: Note to Julie York! I looked high and low for a fluffy pink pullover for you, or even a white one, but alas, there were none to be found..... :surrender

Scroll down for part 2.......

Marla GG
11-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Marla: We didn’t buy anything at Ross, but I didn’t care. I was determined to get Angel into that coffee shop! “How about a coffee?” I said. “No thanks, I don’t really feel like one,” Angel said. Uh-huh. “Look,” I said. “I would like a coffee. We are going to go in there and have one.”

Angel: Oh dear. If you don’t know my wife, she can be very bossy when she wants to be. It’s not a good idea to disagree with her. But I REALLY didn’t want to go into that busy coffee shop. It was unnecessary. I didn’t need another opportunity to get read, thank you very much!

Marla: “Now Angel,” I said. “This will be a good experience for you. You need to face your fears. Everything will be just fine, you’ll see. What about that book you just read by Lacy Leigh…The Emancipated Crossdresser? What did you learn from that, hmmm? Come on, let’s go.”

Angel: I could hardly refuse. I had just read that book, and it was all about getting out there and doing it. Marla was right. And besides, she’d have been none too pleased with me if I’d chickened out.

Marla: I took Angel to a corner table and went to order our coffees. I was keeping an eye on her the whole time, ready to intervene if anyone started speaking to her. Yes, I do push…but I am also the safety net. But once again, no one looked twice, and we enjoyed our coffee and a slice of cake while reading the local alternative newspaper.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2406/68gu.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3888/72qs.jpg

Angel: I have to say, I am so pleased that Marla talked me into going to that café. I felt relaxed, happy, and rather liberated! We finished our coffees without incident. As we were leaving, two panhandlers hit us up: “Excuse me ladies, can you spare any change for me and my sister?” It was the first time I’d ever been called a lady in public.

Marla: We drove home happy. At one point, we were stopped at a traffic light and Angel turned to me, put her hand on my thigh, and said, “Thank you so much for pushing me. I couldn’t have done it without you.” I leaned toward her and said, “I had a great time too.” Then I happened to look up and notice that the vehicle next to us was a large pick-up truck. The driver, a middle aged man, was looking down into our little Honda from his lofty perch and grinning lasciviously. “What’s his problem?” I thought. Then I realized what it must have looked like. Another girl was rubbing my thigh! He was probably anticipating some lesbian action! Well, he never got to see it…..but you can.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7568/82tr.jpg

Phoebe Reece
11-27-2005, 11:42 PM
I love stories with a happy ending! Great account and wonderfully illustrated! The two of you are so very lucky to have each other.

Stephanie Brooks
11-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Woot woot you two!!!!!!!!! Looks like you two had some fun. Congratulations to both of you, Marla and Angel! Your story is almost as good as being there. Very cool!!!!!

Gotta love having adventures, huh? ;)

Michelle I
11-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Marla & Angel
What a wonderful adventure, great pictures. Everytime I seen Angel I think great looking woman with an outstanding wife. Keep up the pictures and posts (even though I am jealous:D ). Oh, Marla did I read something about a great nail adventure in Angel future? I think its time for a great french manicure.

Melissa

Shannon
11-27-2005, 11:58 PM
You two are so happy together. The support, care and love you have for each other is so very special. Thank you for sharing.

BrendaChristine
That was so sweet, even to jaded cynic like me. I know it doesn't apply to Angel, but for some of us there would be a delicious irony in being photgraphed under a "Fruits" sign:p. You are both so lucky to have each other, I hope to have someone like that, be it he or she whenever I make up my mind, to experience life with .
B.

Rikki
Marla and Angel Darling, How can anybody beat the two of you?Marla, yoouu should write stories you are such a good story teller, I felt like I was there with you two, (the coffee was cold though) You two were meant for each other. Angel Darling, I am glad that Marla can be pushy, it means a lot to the rest of us, you are such an insperation. Keep them comeing.

Rikki:thumbsup:

Kim E
11-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Wow, sounds like you two had an awesome time. Very happy for you both. Its always great to hear of positive and happy experiences. :)

Hugs ~ Kim

KathrynW
11-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Angel~
This woman is a definite keeper. Don't let her get away from ya...:angel:

Holly
11-28-2005, 12:14 AM
I can't wait for the next adventure... "Our Day at the Spa!"

TGMarla
11-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Oh, you two are just too much! Tag team posts on your little excursions....what next? Made me smile. I'm very happy that you two are so happy. Props to you both.

Billijo49504
11-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the wonderful story, you 2 sure had a great time. After reading it, I threw on a skirt and sweater and some flats, and went to Micky D's for burgers for us. Unfortunately, the lobby was locked so I had to use the drive through. Thanks for the push. Some time I get in the mood to go out and sometime I don't want to. But the grocery is out of the question. I usually see someone I work with or a relative. and a few of the employees are fishing buddies of my dad. He's 88 years old, he wouldn't understand. He even canceled cable, cos of all the dirty thing on tv...BJ

Vickie
11-28-2005, 02:00 AM
Thank you Marla and Angel for that inpiring and uplifting story of your exdperience "out" and about shopping, going for coffee and being seen in public. Thank you also for the photos too. Angel you are very lucky to have a supportive and understanding wife who takes you for who you are without needing to hide how you feel in fear of rejection. There should be more people like Marla in the world :)

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Great story!

Paula Rae
11-28-2005, 02:17 AM
Hey you two,

Lovers and Friends, you got it all. You have truly been blessed.
Thank you for sharing.

Ricki B

Erica Lauren James
11-28-2005, 03:34 AM
Hey Marla and Angel,

I loved your post. It gives me hope that I can find a woman as cool and hip as you Marla. You don't by chance have a twin sister. :))

Anyways great post and I look forward to having someday what you two have. Thanks again

Much Love Kiera

Shaylynn
11-28-2005, 03:48 AM
You make a very cute couple. I thinks its wonderful that you do such fun things together. Angel you are such a lucky girl.

DanaJ
11-28-2005, 05:41 AM
Well - I need to add my kudos here for you two - well done and thanks for sharing! And BTW - better be careful posting pix of that hot lesbian action :D From now on, you have to send them to me first for approval :lol:

RachelDenise
11-28-2005, 05:50 AM
Another chapter in the true love story! You should gather your adventures together and publish "The Crossdresser Couple-A Love Story"! I think I'd buy a copy.

jo_ann
11-28-2005, 06:14 AM
heh, what a story book... do people ever look at you weird for taking flash photos?

Veronica E. Scott
11-28-2005, 06:55 AM
Marla & Angel

Great story love reading about your adventures.If everyone had a supportive wife like yours Angel the world would be a better place,the best to you both.

Jasmine Ellis
11-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Well done to you two, you look grat in those pics love

DonnaT
11-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Very nice, and an inspiration to others who experience the fear of being in public.

So what if the one sales girl 'knew', it would have no affect on your life, other than feeling better knowing she knew and had no problem with it. Get out there and enjoy more adventures and firsts.

Raychel
11-28-2005, 07:37 AM
What a great day you two must have had. I it wasn't for the photos, I would have almost thought that it was one of those fantasy stories. What a lovely couple, You are great.

Thanks for sharing.

sarahsfiona GG
11-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Marla & Angel,

Wow! Looks and sounds as though you two had a blast! I would love to do exactly that with Sarah, and one of these days, doggone it, I will. Thanks for sharing your story and the great pix.

Fiona

Tracy Lynn
11-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks for sharing your story. You 2 are great.

Marla GG
11-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Thank you so much for all the supportive replies. Sharing our experiences with our sisters here on the forum is almost as fun as going out in the first place!

Melissa and Holly: The "great nail adventure" is coming up. How nice of you to remind Angel. :D

Billi Jo: I'm glad our story made you feel like going out, if only to the drive through. I understand what you mean about the chance of running into people you know. We're lucky because we live in a large(ish) city so we were able to go to a supermarket we don't usually visit. We also don't have any relatives living near us, so apart from the possiblility of meeting, say, one of Angel's co-workers :eek: we felt pretty safe.

Jo-Ann: Yes, taking the pictures is actually the most stressful part of these outings, for me at least! It's not easy trying to take snapshots without anyone noticing. I try not to use the flash and increase the exposure instead....which is why we get blurry pictures sometimes.

DonnaT: Angel and I had a discussion along the same lines -- so what if the girl knew? She smiled nicely, didn't she? That should be good enough for us.

paulaN
11-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Marla and Angel. You two are truly blessed. Your story put me right there with ya. Thanks for sharing and thanks for beeing here. You have helped all of us so much please keep sharing your stories with us.

Katie Ashe
11-28-2005, 10:52 AM
I think they lived Happily ever after... Yep Yep Yep.

:gh: :Party2:

Valerie West
11-28-2005, 11:01 AM
I hope you two continue to live the happily ever after. You are truly blessed to the point of unconditional love. Something that VERY FEW people on this planet will ever see or know. It makes me proud to have anything in common with you two. Live long, Love long, and prosper. ;) :thumbsup: :)

Lauren_T
11-28-2005, 11:03 AM
What can I say? You've done and gone it yet again; shown everyone how simple - and fun - it really is... :clap: :^5:

susandrea
11-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Very nice, and an inspiration to others who experience the fear of being in public.

So what if the one sales girl 'knew', it would have no affect on your life, other than feeling better knowing she knew and had no problem with it. Get out there and enjoy more adventures and firsts.

Especially today. November 28th. :thumbsup: :angel:

Stephenie
11-28-2005, 11:18 AM
You ladies are the best, Hope to hear more adventures soon.

Julie York
11-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Toooo scary!!

Congrats on a successful outing. I hope your heart is in good condition Angel. That experience would have tested mine to the limit! I don't know how you have the courage to do it. But then....you make it look easy. Yeah...I've decided it is easy. I'm just going to pop out to the supermarket now. Be back shortly.....

Oh look it is snowing ..and it's a Monday.....and I'm having a bad hair day. Maybe another time?:D

(What do you mean NO fluffy pullover! Oh well...thank you so much for looking.):thumbsup:

Rachel Morley
11-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks so much to everyone who responded with words of encouragement.....it gives me more confidence to go out there and do it some more.

As you can probably imagine, if you are in a very public place completely dressed in women's clothes, not knowing if people know if you are a guy or not, and your wife is there taking pictures of you...it kinda draws attention to you and scares the sh*t out of you even more. Having said that, I wouldn't have it any other way; afterwards the sense of accomplishment is fantastic, and besides the more you do it the easier it becomes :)

Thanks again
Love Angel

ericalynne
11-28-2005, 10:48 PM
the sweetest love is unconditional love...you are both blessed immesurably...i wish you both all the love and happiness this world can give...my wife does not really accept me but when i see such a loving and accepting woman, my heart is so wonderully happy for one of my sisters...thx for sharing your story with us...it gives us hope...love, huggz and kissies, erica lynne.
http://profiles.yahoo.com/missericalynne

Sarah Smile
11-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Congratulations on your outing, Angel! You two are so lucky to have found each other. :)