PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going to a GLBT bar......for the first time

Jessica86
11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I went out with my wife to a place here in Spring called Big Texas. My wife really wanted to go with a group of friends that were going. I don't know how many of you ladies have been here, but I didn't care for it. I went in male mode, and was more out of place than a geek at a biker rally. I had fun, but at the same time, the place was too loud and the security there was nothing but douches. I don't know how many times I got called "boss man," by the staff there. Annoying. We danced our tails off, but when I sat in my car, BOTH of my ears were seriously hurting and ringing. My wife complained of the same. Not to mention there were two fights while we were there as well. Stopped relatively quickly, but security should step in when two guys start yelling at each other....not wait until they are throwing punches.:straightface:

Anyway, she picked that spot. I've been trying to go out dressed since it has been literally months since I have. I took vacation to, and could not find the time. I go back to work today, extremely stressed due to a big interview coming up Friday. I'm up for another promotion. I can't relax and dress up when I have things like this around the corner. So, after this, I'm thinking of going to a new bar.

I looked up some places in Houston, and that's where I came across the F bar. Seems like it would be a good place to go....if you go early. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this place. They are a show bar, open to the GLBT community, and their reviews for the most part are good. I don't understand people who complain about a place being crowded when they go on Friday night at midnight. What do you expect? If I were to go, I would be LEAVING by eleven at the latest.

I'm thinking of taking my wife there, as she expressed interest in going to a show club when I talked to her about it before. She would like to meet other dressers and their significant others also. We'll see how it works out.

kimdl93
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Jessica, I have been to FBar on a number of occassions. Its pretty quiet early in the evenings, and a predominantly gay male clientele. Later in the evenings it picks up and the crowd grows more diverse. The drag shows on Tuesdays attract a samttering of CDrs and they have some good crowds for Karaoke on Thursdays. Fortunately, I haven't seen any bad behavior at any of these establishments. And I've had nothing but postive reactions from the rest of the patrons and staff.

I've been to a couple other gay bars on Houston and North Houston. The pattern is pretty much the same - quiet before 9:30 pm or so, then more activity.

Jessica86
11-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks Kim, that's what I was hoping for. We are not really the kind of people who enjoy places so crowded, you are bumping into each other constantly.

DeeArel
11-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I have not been to FBar but did make it to TC's. It was a nice experience. Parking can be difficult to find in that area.