PDA

View Full Version : makeup and pictures the adventure

jules
11-08-2012, 08:48 AM
When I got home yesterday I showered and changed. Wile I was getting supper ready I thought I would put my makeup on and post my picture. Put the makeup on ( I only have a shadow on my top lip and chin) when I was done I looked at my self and I had looked like some had shot me in the face with a 12gauge stuffed with makeup. It was not pretty. I'm a little out of practice. And I am very pickey I'm allful :) . So I wash that off set up my phone to take a pic without the makeup and have my hair cover my face a little. After taking about 30 pics I got one that I liked. Then the phone starts to die. Back to cleaning and getting supper ready. Phoned is ready to go again . Now I can't figger out how to post the picture. The phone dies:straightface: back to the kitchen for 15 . Phone good to go :D could not figger it out so I gave up and deleted all the pictures.:sad: then the phone dies. Continued with supper . Once it charged go back I and realize I can just take the pic off my phone because it's just like a computer. Yes j have my blonde moments lol. Take more pictures try it again and this time it won't upload the picture because its to big and then my wife calls she is alreaddy on the way the phone dies have to charge it back up to delete the pictures and log out change my clothes finish supper and finish cleaning up wile I talking to her on the phone. Going to try again this afternoon. It's q good thing I work at a high stress job I would have snapped :D good day ladies
P.s I have been reading the post from other women and the responces you ladies give and I'm so glad to be here.

linda allen
11-08-2012, 08:54 AM
......... Put the makeup on ( I only have a shadow on my top lip and chin) when I was done I looked at my self and I had looked like some had shot me in the face with a 12gauge stuffed with makeup. .........

Homer Simpson (the TV show "The Simpsons") actually invented a makeup gun for women who are in a hurry and don't have time to put their makeup on the usual way. And yes, the results (on Marge) were pretty much as you describe..

PS: Why not use a digital camera to take the photos. It seems like it would be much simpler.

Julie Denier
11-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Homer Simpson (the TV show "The Simpsons") actually invented a makeup gun for women who are in a hurry and don't have time to put their makeup on the usual way. And yes, the results (on Marge) were pretty much as you describe..

LOVE that episode ...

Marge: "Homer, women are not going to like being shot in the face!"

Homer: "Women'll like what I tell 'em to like."

;)

MsRenee
11-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Welcome Jules. Weve all had moments like that hehe Just step back relax and try again and itll fall in place.
Hugs Renee

jules
11-08-2012, 11:29 AM
The phone I have is awesome. But now I'm on a mission and I'm going to get this to work by god :) . Little stubborn. And I for about that epsode from the Simpson's he he

Julogden
11-08-2012, 12:53 PM
I agree with Linda: get a real camera, way better image quality and much more versatile. See this article (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57414697-1/10-ways-a-point-and-shoot-camera-beats-your-phones/).

Admittedly, I'm a long-time avid photographer and not a fan of cell phone photos. :)

Carol

Beverley Sims
11-08-2012, 02:14 PM
A camera, tripod, lighting and expertise is all that is needed for successful photographs. :)

NicoleScott
11-08-2012, 02:44 PM
A camera, tripod, lighting and expertise is all that is needed for successful photographs. :)

What? No photo-editing software? Maybe you don't need it, Beverley, but as for me.......

jules
11-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I got the pic done.:) crap that took forever. Don't like the dress :( I'm a big gurl a little fluffy mom used to say.

Jana
11-08-2012, 04:38 PM
What pic? In your avatar? If so, I love the heels!!!

Julie Denier
11-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Plenty of us gals are fluffy here ;) Nice pic!

linda allen
11-09-2012, 07:13 AM
What? No photo-editing software? Maybe you don't need it, Beverley, but as for me.......

The photo editing software is the key. It's trial and error to fill the frame with your body when using a self timer, but with software you can crop the photo to get just what looks best. You can correct for tilt, you can correct for lighting, and you can even "erase" distracting objects in the background (like the dark colored things on the wall in jules' photo).

If you want to get fancy, you can apply makeup and paint your nails in the photo.

jules
11-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Believe it or not the phone I have has a timer, pphoto editing sofwear and a bunch more stuff. Trying to figger it out :) . And my S/O IS A armature phototogfer ( don't have a clue if that's spelled right) so until I tell my wife about me I'm on my own :(

Love
Jules

linda allen
11-09-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm not in the business of selling cameras or software so if your phone does all this for you, fine.

paulinescotlandcd
11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
I am with the others here it is so much better with a digital camera and a tripod. I have a pretty good all singing all dancing mobile phone but most importantly it has no tripod screw in the base, yet oddly it has a self timer. This means if you want to take a picture you need to prop it up with something - not ideal.

jules
11-09-2012, 11:56 AM
I know you not in the business of selling cameras or software linda . Please don't take offence I'm a little stubborn when it comes to figgering things out . A Digital camera is the best but don't have that option right now :( and as for screw for the tripod . Duck tape ladies that stuff is good for everything. :)

Love
Jules