PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth the effort?

suzy1
11-08-2012, 04:57 PM
The start of my day.

First get out of bed [That’s mandatory]
Shower and pat [not wipe] dry.
Shave/epalate.
Smooth Moisturising cream all over my body.
Pluck trim and shape my eyebrows.
File and shape my finger nails.
File and shape my little pinkies.
Do 50 sit ups and 50 leg lifts for my flat tummy [I’m unashamedly boasting here girls]
Spend a little time [a long time] choosing what to wear.
Admire myself in the mirror.
Go back and choose what heels go with what I am wearing. [I must get breakfast going soon or it will be lunch time]
Admire myself in the mirror again!

Was that worth all the trouble? Was that worth using up a morning on?...........................what do you think?:)

Jorja
11-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Sounds like a good start to the day to me.

kendra_gurl
11-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Suzy you just had to invite the comment it's only worth is if you go out.

I won't tell you that but its sure to come

JUst be yourself and have fun on your own terms

MsRenee
11-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Its always worth the effort girl.
Renee

suchacutie
11-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Suzy, it sounds like a normal GG morning. That's what we emulate because we want to so it must be worth it. I think if it became no longer worth it there would be a sudden stop and change of direction.

sounds like a terrific morning to me :)

kimdl93
11-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Your much more meticulous in your routine than I am, but the results justify the effort.

Ericaxd
11-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I think the morning routine is somewhat magical. Yes, it is worth the effort. (It is for me, even if I spend the next 8 hours in my home office staring at a computer screen. I still feel good about the way I look.)

Marleena
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
It must be Suzy if you go through all that.:)

Reading that I realize I'm lazy or something.:D

Kaz
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Suzy, the alternative...

I wake up wondering where I am.. can't be bothered... go back to sleep..
I awake again, hmmm... I guess this is it, can't be bothered, go back to sleep...
I wake again... eeek :eek: what time is it? Aaaaaaargh!
Maybe just 5 more minutes...
I wake again... eeek :eek: what time is it? Aaaaaaargh!
Leap out of bed... where is everything? I see some heels and a skirt and jeans and what the hell was I wearing when I went to bed? OK... I am still wearing them!
Now then... coffee... thump!
I can't believe I am lying on the floor.. what happened? Ouch my head hurts... think I'll slide downstairs...
Coffee is good... food is not so good... what time is it? Aaaaargh! :eek:

And then I don't remember anything else but I got to work and no-one noticed I was 33 minutes late... but I am sure someone must have clocked the fishnets, 'cause I had forgotten to put on my socks!!

Answer... Suzy yes it is worth the effort! You are doing right by yourself! We all have self-doubt... and that is good!

stephNE
11-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Suzy, for all us beautiful girls (like you), I'd say it is worth it!! I'm sure you wouldn't have posted it you didn't enjoy it. I wish I could start every day like that. S.

Cynthia Anne
11-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Well beautiful lady; what would you of done if you hadn't do that! Perhaps you would of turned on the tv and watched the news about all the troubles in the world! Such a downer! So sad! Cd'ing such an upper! Be happy and live longer! Hugs!

Lorileah
11-08-2012, 06:36 PM
If you do it every morning, it must be rewarding to you. The other choice is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, which would be insanity :) I do one sit up in the morning, to get out of bed

suzy1
11-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Errrrrr this was a rhetorical question girls. I love my mornings like that!:)

Come on Kaz, it can’t be that bad for you…can it?:heehee:

Kendra_gurl, I’m not going there again. I’m all talked out on the subject of going out.:eek:

Thanks girls, have fun.

SUZY

Foxglove
11-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I have to admit that I don't put that much effort into it. I mean, I do have other things to do all day besides get dressed--e.g., enjoying being dressed.

But I never mind getting up in the morning. I have a whole collection of worms at this point, I'm up so early. And I have had nights when I was so excited about getting up, getting dressed and living the next day of my life, that I haven't slept very well.

So, is it worth the effort? I suppose all in all, I'd have to say it is.

Annabelle

Marlana
11-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Jeez, if I did all that, I'd never get to work. I wake up, throw on my drabbies, have my coffeee and go to work. Never get the chance to dress up for work.

NicoleScott
11-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Suzy, I didn't read "I'm not going to do this any more". So, I guess it's worth it.

bridgetta
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
I want a flat stomach. Situps ? Hmmm. I thought they were baloney!

anastasiaprincess
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Tbh all i do to stay in trim is plenty of swimming i'm lucky enough to have access to a private pool so no people looking and wondering about my hair free body lol also i eat healthy and that seems to work just fine for me. I am (trying hard not to sound up myself) quite proud of my feminine figure and i guess i'm quite lucky as i really doesn't take that much effort :)

Angela Campbell
11-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Is it worth the effort.....well.....taking out the trash and cleaning the kitchen takes a lot of effort but is no where near as much fun.

docrobbysherry
11-09-2012, 10:07 PM
OMG! We do almost exactly the same routine, Suzy! Except:

I skip rite to putting on my tea while I do my morning stretches, leg lifts, and 100 crunches.
Go on line while drinking the tea to see if you've posted any new threads here.
Grab some toast so I can take my meds and vitamins
Take my shower, put on sun screen, and throw on the same drab pants, shirt, tidy whities, socks and shoes that I wore yesterday. Unless they're dirty. Then I wear others that look exactly the same!
Run a brush thru my hair and I'm out the door in about 1 hour.

Being a sometimes closet dresser MAY have some time advantages over being a TG/TS girl!?

Beverley Sims
11-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Suzy,
Do you want to look good?
Do you take pride in your appearance?
It is worth the effort, every time you wake up. :)