PDA

View Full Version : Society is really changing for the better for us

jsunic_1978
11-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Though this outing was still lame, IT WAS GREAT! The suburb I usually go shopping in, now overlooks the fact I'm a cross dresser. They were always polite, but just a little shocked at first. I went to platos closet in a strong republican area, this is the suburb i shop in, nothing against republicans as Im democrat, but leave the politics out of it. Overall, most people are REALLY NICE :) just be confident and happy. Thats all people can ask for while out and about among one another. There was a famliy shopping and I had to pardon my self several times in and out of the dressing room. I WAS SO NERVOUS THE FIRST TIME, but I was polite, friendly they all smiled back, go ahead. I think people are more afraid of me than I am of them, but confidence and assertiveness, wins people quickly. Im just out being me. Today was a good day. I hope your day is going very well, is how I start small talk if it ever engages at these stores. Today, I did IT WAS ANOTHER MARVELS DAY! I picked up a 6 pack on the way home, hoping there would be a female cashier, but this was a young guy. I WAS NERVOUS! He didn't bat an eve, which was good. He carded me. I smiled and said SURPRISE :) that made his day, I laughed a little to. SOCIETY REALLY IS COMING AROUND FOR US AND IT'S A GREAT JOURNEY :) TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS. :)

Cynthia Anne
11-08-2012, 10:21 PM
I agree with you being comfident really helps in public! Calm those nerves, enjoy the six pack and have fun! Hugs

Rogina B
11-08-2012, 10:32 PM
It seems to me that it[being accepted]is only a big deal if you make it one.As long as you act as you have the right to be there,people will as well. If you are polite,most likely they will be as well. I have never seen a problem yet...

tabithavalentine
11-08-2012, 11:04 PM
I started to get that feeling yesterday as well. I bought my first piece of women's clothing in 2 years last night at Walmart. There was one other woman in the intimates isle, but she just ignored me. All the cashier said to me was whether or not I wanted the hanger. Sure, I was picking up tampons for the wife and food for the baby, but I totally expected the random chemise to raise an eye. Not at all :)

I've taken a long, long break from dressing or even being active in the community (not that I ever really was), but Halloween changed me. I've gotten tired of hiding. It was really refreshing to see that I don't always have to be afraid!

Beverley Sims
11-09-2012, 09:58 AM
It appears to me that we get a lot of permanent outings after Halloween each year.
I wish everyone that has gained confidence every success.

Roberta Marie
11-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Jenn,

Most of the areas that I'v been to around Cleveland have been very welcoming. I'm out quite often, and have rarely had any problems. Mostly, though, I do my grocery shopping in the West Akron/Fairlawn/Bath area. You are correct, I'm sure, that attitude is what really makes the difference.

kimdl93
11-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Honestly, I think that each step we take out into our communities helps a bit. Every open, friendly interaction with others helps change a perspective and eliminate misconceptions.

jsunic_1978
11-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Mentor (east side) isn't bad neither. I really should hit the West side more. I just have to be careful in LAKEWOOD. Only twice total I have gotten some remarks. Lakewood is the most accepting, where also, the LGBT organization is but Therese still that bad element from the south end of W 117th. I usually just stay on clifton and west end of detroit when i dress as im in Lakewood. The east end of Lakewood is getting petty rough. Its a little harder to find people alike in the burbs further out, but its a lot safer.

Foxglove
11-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I have a hard time reading the situation. On the plus side, I voted in a referendum today. I showed up at the polling station totally in my female persona, and had no problem getting to vote.

On the other hand, I've just been in contact with a young transguy who's really down right now. He came out recently and all his friends abandoned him and he's having trouble finding acceptance from anybody. Here in Ireland most of us tend to assume that things must be easier in the big cities, but those who live there will often be negative.

I think bit by bit the situation is improving, but there's still lots of ups and downs.

Annabelle