PDA

View Full Version : Have I just gained some brownie points from the SO or not?

FionaO
11-09-2012, 09:32 AM
We have to go to a formal event tonight and I have rented a tux and the wife decided to wear one of her "old" dresses. It has been about two years since the last time we attended a formal and in that time I have lost around 30 pounds (through intense exercise) and the wife has put on 10. So I had to get a slimmer tux whereas she was having trouble getting into her dress and we don't have time for her to get a new dress.
I love formal wear and if ever I see a nice dress on sale in my size I'll buy it. So I have this really beautiful gown that I bought recently but only tried on once and the wife hadn't seen it. I decided to offer it to her and it fits her really well and she looks fantastic in it. I am very happy to give it to her. She also likes it and I hope is pleased that I gave it to her but I can see some doubt in her eyes. Part of it is due to the fact that I have more and prettier dresses than her but I think it might also be that we are now the same dress size. I would love you opinions.

Kate Simmons
11-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Many times we derive more pleasure from giving than receiving Hon. In the recent Publisher's Clearing House offers, I had ordered a necklace and earring set and new purse. When I received it, however, I though my GF would really like these gifts, so I gave them to her and she loved them. That beaming in her eyes was priceless my friend.:)

Tiffany Grace
11-09-2012, 09:49 AM
:DThat is great, the way that worked out. I am sure she is just getting used to the idea of the whole new wardrobe available to her.:D

but what a wonderful thing, that she borrowed your dress, really legitimizes things in your world kiddo:)

linda allen
11-09-2012, 09:49 AM
My wife and I were getting ready to go out to dinner with friends a while back and I eft her in the closet picking out her outfit. She came out wearing a nice blouse that I had bought a few days prior (we were shopping together). That made me feel really nice.

I was waiting for someone to compliment her on it and for her to slip up and say "Oh, it's really (my male name)'s".

Gillian Gigs
11-09-2012, 11:01 AM
It was a gift given, and she also liked it, that is the best gift, happily given. It is hers now, rush out and get a necklace to go with it, to cement the offering to her. Don't forget to remind her of how great she looks in it!

kimdl93
11-09-2012, 11:52 AM
The fact that you gave it to her is the key thing. We can't really "see" doubt in someone's eyes. You may have picked up on a vibe from her, but it may just as likely have been her appreciation for a gift, one that she had to know was important to you as well. Just make sure she knows that, regardless of the size, she's much prettier in it that you could ever be!

And be happy that you can share. I have a few of my wife's older skirts that are too big for her, but we'll never be able to share dresses or tops.

~Joanne~
11-09-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't know if you gained any brownie points or not but I am willing to bet she is wondering what else is on your side of the closet that she has never seen :)

Stephanie47
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM
I've gone shopping with my wife (as an disinterested observer/chauffeur) when she has bought dresses. We wear the same size, Merona XL for one. I would love it if she would ask to wear one of mine. However, I would have to get it out of one of my numerous Xerox boxes. I would also have to explain the 86 other dresses.

I think the doubt you sensed in her eyes is the remaining vestige of any woman's doubts concerning cross dressing. Yes, I bet she was thinking of sitting at a dinner in a gown borrowed from "her sister."

Did you tell her where you bought it in case the conversation at the function went that way?

Cheryl T
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Sharing like that is so wonderful.
My wife and I wear almost the same size and we've shared lots of items, but in particular have been the last few Xmas seasons. She didn't want to buy a new dress for her company party so I offered her any of mine that she liked. She has worn a few of them more than I have and it's helped bring us closer than ever being able to share all of this.

I Am Paula
11-09-2012, 04:17 PM
My wife and I have unwritten boundries on borrowing. first off, we don't have any 'communal property', we each have our own. We can however borrow. We always ask (never refused). Underwear and make up out of bounds, perfume is a middle ground (we have our own likes, but I she feels like mine, she makes sure I'm not wearing it.) Our skirt/pants size is the same, I can't wear her blouses (guy shoulders), but stretchy tops and tees we're the same. It all works out kinda cozy. -Celeste

lingerieLiz
11-09-2012, 11:19 PM
My wife and I have some things that are the same size. For the most part we prefer different clothes, colors etc. Sometimes we aren't sure which is whos tops or sweats. Neither of us have a set rule about borrowing and loaning things. She has loaned some of my clothes to friends (with my permission). We don't share panties and bras are different sizes. Slips etc. are same size but seldom worn. One night she and a friend asked if I had anything they could wear for a dance review like petti pants. I came out with two pairs for them. Our friend returned her's and said, thanks for the loan, to me.

Meghan
11-10-2012, 12:14 AM
That's a really neat story. My wife and I are about the same size so we share lots of clothes. Our sense of style is evolving together, because we are buying things for each other and wearing each others things (with permission and consent of course).

Maybe the two of you will go shopping together soon!

Meghan

jjjjohanne
11-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Wow, be a little concerned. My wife is really sensitive about her size. If she "outgrew" a dress and needed to borrow mine, she would be too distracted by thinking she was fat to appreciate my dress. If she borrowed it, I would probably say, "I wish I could look as good in that as you do." My wife is so beautiful!

Beverley Sims
11-10-2012, 07:43 AM
The odd top gets mixed up in our household.
Things can go missing for weeks and then finish up on the lost and unclaimed line after ironing.

MeganHenry
11-10-2012, 08:21 AM
We have to go to a formal event tonight and I have rented a tux and the wife decided to wear one of her "old" dresses. It has been about two years since the last time we attended a formal and in that time I have lost around 30 pounds (through intense exercise) and the wife has put on 10. So I had to get a slimmer tux whereas she was having trouble getting into her dress and we don't have time for her to get a new dress.
I love formal wear and if ever I see a nice dress on sale in my size I'll buy it. So I have this really beautiful gown that I bought recently but only tried on once and the wife hadn't seen it. I decided to offer it to her and it fits her really well and she looks fantastic in it. I am very happy to give it to her. She also likes it and I hope is pleased that I gave it to her but I can see some doubt in her eyes. Part of it is due to the fact that I have more and prettier dresses than her but I think it might also be that we are now the same dress size. I would love you opinions.

That same size thing burned me bad with a former fiancé. We were dating, she knew about the dressing and even would engage with me. We would do all sorts of things together; dress, shop, makeup, nails, etc. Well one night I was feeling a little down and didn't want to go out, she was doing everything n her power to get me out of the house. To the point of pulling my pants down, she commented and said "oh those are cute panties on you" then as she was trying to motivate me more, she pulled the waist down a little and the tag slapped her in the face basically. She looked to see what brand and when she saw the size and it was the same she went cold and distant fast. The ironic thing about it was I was doing wash and was wearing panties 2 or 3 sizes to small...thank goodness for stretchy microfiber. But atlas she was scared, frustrated and nervous after that. I think it was about 30 days later that we broke up. Oh well...after that I met the most accepting girl and family ever, it was my healthiest realationship to date that included and fully accepted my feminine wilds. However 3 yrs later I was a dumb ass, thought I could do better and we broke up. Ugh...fast forward a year or so, I meet someone, she's great we don't talk about the dressing, get married, have 3 or 4 yrs of a rocky marriage, finally some level of acceptance, 3 kids, 11 yrs total and now I share my panties with her (my current wife). Add in a few more stories and that's me in a nutshell...sorry for the rant...

FionaO
11-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks for all the advice and comments. This is the dress that I gave her and I also added a little black bolero jacket that was part of a different outfit from the same designer. You'll be glad to know that she looked great and had lots of compliments. Thanks for the advice Stephanie on telling her in advance, where I had bought the dress as she was asked.