PDA

View Full Version : Less is more?

Molly Wells
11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I recall when I was younger and my stash was small I would dress and wish I had a wig, forms, etc. As much as I loved my time in femme I was wanting to be able to go "all the way" as far as dressing, clothes, makeup hair and heels. I never was fully satisfied with what I could do and wanted more.

As I have gotten older I have been able to have those things with many opportunities to dress and fully present as a woman, even going out occasionally. If I want to I can usually get fully dressed with all the appropriate padding, clothing, wig, makeup and such often enough that I am happy with the amount of time that I have to be in femme.

I have a flexible work schedule and can usually spend about 70% of my time working from home. I have noticed recently that rather than dress for the full femme appearance I often find myself happy to just put on a bra with forms, panties, maybe a t shirt or tank top with shorts. In other words I don/t feel as great a need to make the full presentation, especially if I am just being casual around the house.
Just wondering how many others find that they can feel femme just being casual with minimal enhancements for a minimal look.
I guess I find now that I can enjoy just having the basic feel and not have to always go to the max.
Just a thought, anybody relate?

Molly

Ericaxd
11-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Molly: I agree completely. And isn't that just the way genetic women act? Who needs heels around the house? Just some lipstick and a bit of pressed powder, slacks and a tee. Of course, the slacks I tend to wear are women's.

STACY B
11-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Ha,,,,Ha,,,,, Our little girl is growing up to be a Lady ,,,LOL,,,,,

Karren H
11-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Less is more........ boring... imho....

Kate Simmons
11-09-2012, 12:04 PM
A few props will often suffice Hon. We really don't need much more than that other than our mindset and imagination to feel feminine Molly. The other stuff is definitely a "nice to have" though.:)

kimdl93
11-09-2012, 12:05 PM
I work from home almost full time and dress every day. I do pretty much the same daily routine - make up, shaper, bra/forms and wig regardless of my plans, but if I'm going to stay around home, I'll wear a casual top and shorts or jeans. Always women's wear, but decidedly casual at home. If I'm going shopping or out for coffee, I'll dress a little nicer, but I save the dresses and high heels for formal occassions.

Cheryl T
11-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Sounds so familiar to me.
I think it's because we are becoming so much more comfortable with ourselves that we can now "dress down" and still feel we are fully expressing our femininity. Just yesterday I was sitting here reading the forum wearing black leggings, comfy shoes and an oversize blouse with bra and forms. I felt no need to do my face since it was just me sitting here relaxing, but I still felt complete.

Stephanie47
11-09-2012, 12:12 PM
There are occasions when I only wear undergarments around the house. It's usually when I am banging away on this keyboard on this site. However, it is the old "Cat on the Hot Tin Roof" Liz Taylor look. It's a bra, panty, full slip and hosiery and wig. After that it does not take much to throw on a dress and slip into a pair of heels.

Julie Denier
11-09-2012, 12:16 PM
It's definitely "all or nothing" for me -- on the rare occasions I get to dress, it's got to be head to toe.

Molly Wells
11-09-2012, 05:36 PM
LOL Karen I really do know what you mean. I think sometimes I just find myself willing to settle and be OK with less in view of the available time. Enjoy what I can when I can...

Daisy41
11-09-2012, 06:10 PM
I normally try to dress for comfort. I'm looking for a pair of women's yoga pants as they feel SO comfortable. Honestly, wearing a bra is a bit uncomfortable and getting all dressed up with no purpose is boring for me at this point. I do it for practice and to try new looks, but otherwise, if I'm not going out with friends, I won't dress up. I have guy clothes that are just as comfortable.

ABBY_L
11-09-2012, 06:12 PM
I think if I could dress more often I would be more comfortable with that, but for now I totally enjoy the total transformation to feel as feminine as possible. The act of applying my makeup and watching my male facial features mostly disappear is something I never tire of and find great joy in doing it. Styling my wig is always fun too, just to get a different look (even if it's a bad hair day). I love the feel of my PH, forms and slipping into my heels. I know GG's get tired of the "process" and I can totally understand that, but, for now, I need the complete package to be me.

Abby

Terri
11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I go all the way when I'm going out, but a pair of leggings and a nice sweater, with all the under pinnings is nice around the house.

Eryn
11-09-2012, 06:33 PM
While I like to do "the nines" occasionally, my normal dress is a few femme items like jeans and sweatshirts over nice panties.

Come to think of it, that's what most GGs do as well! :)

If I'm going out and want to be perceived as female I like to have as many feminine cues as I can. That's probably what a mannish-looking tall GG would do too!

NathalieX66
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Interesting question.
I think every cd'er starts out by dressing to the nines, and if you are not a frequent dresser, the idea of wearing all the fun stuff like skirts/dresses, high heels, panties & sheer stockings seems very appealling.

I think , in my case, what probably started out as what I mentioned above, made me yearn for something more....which is the feminine experience, or the feeling of being a woman. One particular trait that I wanted to experience about being a woman is/was the fact that women have such a variety of clothing styles to choose from, on a daily level, and the sheer magnitude of a palette of paint in which to paint from. One day, it's a flowing dress and ballerina slippers, next day it's jeans and knee boots, the next day it's a mini skirt, then next day it's jeans, sneakers and a T-shirt. What I see amongst women is this attitude of "la la, I can wear anything I want"......and that, my friends, is what I want a piece of.

NicoleScott
11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm one of the "more is more" types.

Lynn Marie
11-09-2012, 07:03 PM
The very last thing on earth that I want is to be dressed nicely and then catch a glimpse of my man face in the mirror. It screws up my brain. I'm only two people, either Lynn Marie, or her tall good looking room mate! I don't mix the two.

Heelsnlegs
11-09-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm with Lynn! :)

lingerieLiz
11-09-2012, 10:23 PM
When I was a young crossdresser and could compete with girls for looks etc I always went the whole thing way. As I understood who and what I was and with age I've migrated to feeling comfortable with wearing women's clothes as a guy. I'm fortunate enough that I live in a casual lifestyle community so shorts and tops are the wear of the day. Most guys wear shorts and t-shirts.

Beverley Sims
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I will always dress to pass even around the house.
I may not have a close shave at home but I always wear a wig and look like I pass if I answer the door.
Going into the street driving etc. I always look like a woman. If I don't want to look like a woman, I will get real kinky and dress up in mens clothes.
Dressed like that I was only challenged once when I was 20. That was wonderful. :) Sigh!