PDA

View Full Version : A Busy Day

Persephone
11-10-2012, 02:43 AM
Woke up this morning and got ready for my routine eyebrow shaping. Casual, a light blue turtle-neck with a bit of sparkle, black pants, my fave 4" (~10 cm)wedge sandals (with a 3/4" [~2 cm] platform), and a leather carcoat. Makeup, forms, and hair done, of course.

My first stop was the spa that I go to for my eyebrow tinting and waxing. There are three aestheticians working in that area and, along with their customers, we all chat and giggle as eyebrows get ripped off and tweezed. Just one of the many joys of being a fashionista.

Then I headed to my manicure appointment at another salon. You may wonder why I go to one salon for eyebrows and such, another for manicures and pedicures, and yet another for visits to the beautician. Well, I like the people I deal with and sometimes they move from one salon to another, so I follow.

My manicurist and I chatted as she removed the Halloween polish (click here for picture) (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?183785-Know-You-re-Transgendered-When-.-.-.&highlight=Halloween).

I was planning on going back to my usual less conspicuous French style pink and whites but my manicurist is always encouraging me to move forward so she said "Are you sure you can't do a color this time?"

I checked the next couple of weeks and found that there were a great many more woman events than en drab events so I said, "Yeah, let's go for it! But only if you'll do my favorite lavender magnetic nails. So, 45 minutes later my nails looked like this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/Nails4-27-2012.jpg

I was supposed to be rushing home so that we could get ready for a weekend camping trip, but my buddy called and after some back and forth with him, with my spouse, and with his spouse, we declared the camping trip cancelled.

After my manicure I headed home and my spouse and I had lunch. Then, since we now had an unscheduled "free day" we decided to run some errands.

I'm putting together a lunch and shopping trip for about 18 of my GG friends a couple of weeks from now and had a "final" count on who was coming. I needed to discuss the final planning with the restaurant and the store but I am very uncomfortable about doing so on the phone because of my voice, so we decided to visit them in person.

We drove over to the restaurant and met with the manager, going over the count, the table arrangement, and other details. Dealing en femme with such situations has been outside of my comfort zone for a long time. But my spouse gave me a push, since it is my event she came with me but wouldn't do my job. If the arrangements were going to be made, it was up to me to make them.

The restaurant taken care of, we headed out to the Dress Barn where we'll be doing our shopping. They are providing a 15% discount to everyone in our party (and a 30% discount to me!) along with some light snacks and beverages and two SA's to be assigned to our group. Once again, it was up to me to interact with the SA's and managers as we went over the final plan. I'm convinced that it is going to be a fun event!

Those errands completed we headed for the nearby Sheriff's Office. In my county the legal way to dispose of excess and out-of-date medications is to place them in a deposit box at a Sheriff's Office and we had a plastic bag full of such stuff. They have three bins, one for sharps, one for prescription and legal medications, and one for illegal substances. Our stuff fitted nicely into the prescription/legal bin.

From there we headed to a nearby RV supply store where we browsed for about an hour (remember those 4" heels?), picking up the items that were on our shopping list along with a couple of other things that found their way into our basket.

It was dinner time so, with a bit of texting back and forth, we met up with Eryn and her spouse at a British pub and enjoyed a very nice dinner, complete with a couple of orders of Sticky Toffee Pudding.

A long and busy day!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Beverley Sims
11-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Since our last discussion I have wasted a couple of bottles of the magnetic polish and tried different magnets on them as well.
One strong electromagnet drew the iron filings out if the nails. You do have to experiment with these things.
Two things I am looking for are a gold magnet and a hair magnet.
If I can get one of those I will make a killing for sure. :)

Rogina B
11-10-2012, 06:09 AM
I sure hope that the "camping" trip was going to be driving your RV to a scenic spot and finding a level spot to park it..lol Don't damage those nails digging a latrine as they are way too pretty! Dress Barn is a great spot to party shop...I like it there as my boy body is always a size smaller than the other stores!!

Persephone
11-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Beverley, if you come across a really good gold magnet and they have a second one, please pick it up for me.

Rogina, this particular "camping" trip was a bit of both. We were planning to take an RV and find a level spot, but we were heading for the center of a "dry" lakebed in the middle of the desert (like similar lakebed shown below). Temps in the 30's (Farenheit, -1 Celcius), windy, with a chance of rain or snow. Something about placing a ~12-ton (~11,000 Kgs.) vehicle onto a "dry" lakebed that can quickly turn to mud seemed a bad idea.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/DryLakebed.jpg

Hugs,
Persephone.

Eryn
11-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Getting stuck on a flooded dry lakebed (yes, that is a weird thing to say, but this is SoCal!) in an RV is a filthy and expensive experience so I don't blame Persephone for being cautious! The lakebeds, when wet, transform from pavement that can take the weight of the Space Shuttle to the consistency of sticky cake batter. I've seen motorcycles get stuck to the point where they need a long rope and a truck to pull them out. Flash floods are serious things here.

We had an excellent dinner with Persephone and her spouse, my Bangers and Mash was yummy and I even indulged in a pint of stout! We had a great time talking of matters great and small.

kimdl93
11-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a wonderful, and very full day of activities!