PDA

View Full Version : Places in Toronto - suggestions?

Lydia
11-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new here, so please forgive me if I ask the same thing as countless before me... My wife and I are 'new' to this. She has friends from her past who dress and party along Church Street in Toronto. So, we know of that area - but it's dangerous for us as these same people would gossip about us around her work (dangerous to her position). Yes, they also know her superior and staff - very well! What we're wondering, is there another area of Southern Ontario where CDs and their wives can have evenings out together? We're enjoying dressing together and would love to get a room, dress, go for dinner & dance once in a while. I am NOT passable - yet, but look nice (I think?)... Any help/suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks... Lydia R

Erica Lauren James
11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi Lydia,

Your a lucky girl to have a wife that will dress with you and go places. Either one of you have a friend? :)) I'm looking for the same thing!

Anyways you can go to www.xpressions.org website. They have various events through out the year to go to. Actually this coming weekend Dec 2-4 they are having a Christmas Gala at the Days Inn and Convention Centre on Carlton St in TO. Check the web site for more info.

Also there is a place called the embassy club in hamilton that is cool, just went dancing there this past sat.

Welcome and have great Day!

Much Love Kiera

Jakie_Rose
11-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi girls

Corrected :-)

Hugs Jakie

Erica Lauren James
11-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks Jakie

Kiera

Lydia
11-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Thanks ladies...

kathy gg
11-28-2005, 01:23 PM
HI and welcome to the message board!

Just to further comment on Xpression (thanks Kiera!)....the group has monthly dinners and some of the dinners are planned OUTSIDE of the Church Street area. There are some which are planned on CHurch, but the gal in charge of setting them up does try to mix things up so it is not always the same venues.

Kiera is correct, the next big dinner coming up is this next weekend, our Holiday gala, the cost is more than the regular dinner, but it is wroth it. fun evening of cocktails, dinner, a drag show, and then dancing with a dj. It is never too late to send an email that you and your spouse will come. Also, jsut dropping in is great too. To learn more do check out the site.

Some faqs, the attire is semi-formal or formal. You can wear fancy clothing or skirt and top coboms, and dress pants, or go all out and wear a ball gown. There are many couples which attend, as many xpressions members have their wives attned these events with them.

IF you have further questions feel free to email xpressions or just post back a question,

take care

Bridgette T
11-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Try www.wildside.org. They have transformations, shopping, and also have pretty regular gatherings. I was there a couple of years ago, and they were very nice.

Lydia
11-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Kathy and Brigette... Thanks for your replies. I work nights and weekends, so most regular 'outings' don't usually coincide with my schedule. I was hoping to learn of a 'part of town' (T.O., or other in S.Ontario) where I could walk as freely as we can along Church St., even though not part of an 'event'. Again, thanks for your replies and I'll keep them in mind for future. We are planning a change in employment in the new year - I've had it with nights! *grin*

Julia Cross
11-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Hi Lydia,

Thank you for starting such a good thread. My girlfriend and I are in the same boat. We would also like to find alternative venues in the Southern Ontario region. How about simply going out with another couple to a mutual chosen venue.

And Kathy, should you read this, I agree with the Xpressions dinner. ironically I went to one with my girlfriend and she was excited, actually hoping to meet you there. She is still relatively new to this and would like to meet other GG's in their 20s-40s for real girl talk. Are you and Amanda planning on attending the Xpression Christmas party? As I said, we have not met but knowing you two would be there may help in her decision process.

If anyone wishes to email me, I can be reached at juliacross1967@yahoo.ca.

Thank's for listening.

Julia

terilynn
11-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Great place from what I understand from the local gals in the GTA!

Teri

kathy gg
11-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi Julia,

Oh gosh I am sorry sorry we missed out on meeting you all.

I can guarantee we are going to the gala this weekend. I have the sitter lined up and everything. Ever since the baby we dont' always make the dinners as it can be impossible to find someone willing to 'sit' on a Saturday evening. :( So I am certain we are going this weekend. And I can also promise there will be other gg's there who are cool and fun to hang with three of my best gg friends will be there so we should have alot of fun! They are all totally comfortable with the cd aspect of their husband( or boyfriend) and we have a great time when we all get together. I am sure your girlfriend woudl fit right in with us.

Feel free to email if you have any specific questions.

sincerly

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for starting such a good thread. My girlfriend and I are in the same boat. We would also like to find alternative venues in the Southern Ontario region. How about simply going out with another couple to a mutual chosen venue.

And Kathy, should you read this, I agree with the Xpressions dinner. ironically I went to one with my girlfriend and she was excited, actually hoping to meet you there. She is still relatively new to this and would like to meet other GG's in their 20s-40s for real girl talk. Are you and Amanda planning on attending the Xpression Christmas party? As I said, we have not met but knowing you two would be there may help in her decision process.

If anyone wishes to email me, I can be reached at juliacross1967@yahoo.ca.

Thank's for listening.

Julia

kathy gg
11-28-2005, 06:02 PM
HI again Lydia,

Gee if you find a street as cooll as church, let us all know!

The only other part of TO where I know people dont' get hasseled for being unique is Queen St West, anywhere between John and Bathhurst (although the cooler part of queen keeps moving out further...think Gladstone Hotel and the Drake...very hip spots to sip a martine). Ther are fetish nights at the Faunhaus which are very open to tg people and also some of the goth clubs liek savage garden or the velvet underground are usually pretty open minded if you go on the right night.

I know Amanda and I (nor any of our other friends who I have hung out with) have had problems on Queen St. ANother cool part to just walk around and 'be' is Kensington Market....yes there are fish mongers too, but also many cool retro shops, nice little cafe's and just lots of people watching too. Again, been around there with cd friends and never a problem. Right now the biggest problem is gonna be the weather...:(

Well good luck with changing employment. It is hard because so much of fun stuff to do happens at night.

Kathy and Brigette... Thanks for your replies. I work nights and weekends, so most regular 'outings' don't usually coincide with my schedule. I was hoping to learn of a 'part of town' (T.O., or other in S.Ontario) where I could walk as freely as we can along Church St., even though not part of an 'event'. Again, thanks for your replies and I'll keep them in mind for future. We are planning a change in employment in the new year - I've had it with nights! *grin*

Julia Cross
11-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Hi Kathy,
That's great to hear. My girlfriend and I finally ventured out last halloween, a little over a year ago to an Xpressions dinner, I had a great time and she had an ok time but really had hoped to meet other GG's and that night there was only one and she was 30+ years older so my GF felt sort of alone.

It is short notice for us but I will try my best as I would love to go, obviously, and I think she would as well. She is away at her mom's til wednesday, so I'll have to wait to chat to her.

Thank you again.

Julia

Lydia
11-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Kathy, you're right... Church does seem like a fun place to be. Funny story about our most recent visit to that area. One of my wife's friends took us for dinner there (he lives there). For desert, we all had sorbet. Ours (wife & mine) came on a well-decorated plate complete with statues of a bride and groom (we're newlyweds). The lady who owns the restaurant explained that 8 years ago she had to buy TWO sets of these little characters so she could present her patrons with two brides or two grooms. "After all", she says, "look where you are". Our chuckles turned into a roomful of full-blown laughter as she announced to all that this was "the first time I've ever put both a bride AND a groom on the same plate!" Everyone cheered and clapped! It was fun. Later on, another friend joked, "Putting a bride and groom on the same plate? ...There goes the neighbourhood!"

If I could make my wife up so she too looks like a CD, maybe nobody would recognize her? *wink* ...and we'd be safe. Hey, it's a thought *another wink*