PDA

View Full Version : I know it is early but...

GG7irish
11-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Ok im new to all this but since I always get my Christmas shopping done early lo is it ok to get a cday gift for my BF and his "twin" as i like to call her? His female side....sorry if wrong term like I said im new to this. Also what do you suggest and I if you read this honey im not telling you which idea i take :) ..Thanks for any suggestions

tammysmiles
11-10-2012, 03:46 PM
My favorite gifts from my wife have been those I wouldn't have necessarily considered asking for myself (she does most of my shopping). Try looking for "missing pieces" or things that your BF has the fewest of. As an example while I have a decent size wardrobe to choose from, I have few options in terms of jewelry.

Good luck in your quest :)

kimdl93
11-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Often times, its not a "thing" that we appreciate most from our SOs...its being able to do things together while en femme (either at home or out and about). Things like a girls night in, getting a mani/pedi together, maybe taking a short trip together.

RADER
11-10-2012, 04:08 PM
You could always get her a gift certificate at VS or Kohl's or anyplace she likes to shop.
Then you could offer to go with her on the shopping trip. Also maybe a "Macy's"
beauty counter make-up counter try ons
Rader

Eryn
11-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Gifts for your BF's female side are a wonderful way to express your acceptance of her. I treasure the first things that Mimi gave my female side.

There are plenty of ideas depending upon your relationship with his female side. Jewelery, nightgowns, clothes, gift certificates for aesthetic services, etc.

The most important gift is your acceptance. To paraphrase the movie, "A million girls would kill for that."

justmetoo
11-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I second TammySmiles' suggestion - the best gifts are the ones that show the giver was really thinking about giftee. My favorite gifts have been either things I wouldn't have thought to buy for myself or something the gifter made themself. A gift for my "twin" (my mom said to me recently that it was like having twins; in a good way. lol) would be awesome! Accessories, jewelry, perfume, anything that might be "missing" from your BF's femme stuff. Of course your love and support go a long way; but an extra little gift, which most of us never get, would be icing on the cake. :)

Miriam-J
11-11-2012, 01:17 PM
I think it's wonderful that you would get your BF some femme things for Christmas. It really sends a message of acceptance.

I look back at the femme things my GF (now wife) gave me for our first Christmas as the first certain sign of acceptance. They were silly items that no longer match my style, but I cherish them anyway.

But I disagree with those who suggest gift cards. Real items and experiences send a much stronger message.

Miriam

Jenniferathome
11-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Fist,you are really special to consider this. I think the ideal gift is a normal "outfit." Something feminine but typical so that if going out one might blend. And by "outfit" I mean shoes, accessories, skirt, top, etc. I think guys have a real challenge in this area.

Anita_2
11-11-2012, 02:25 PM
First it is nice of you to think about wishes of your bf. For me it is very nice of my wife to buy me something of lingeries which I like that she is wearing. So ask him what he will like of you to dress of lingeries than buy him everything he/she told you or one part of it. Pls tell us how all has passed? Good luck :)

Cynthia Anne
11-11-2012, 03:01 PM
I can't think of a better gift that you can give ''her'' then the loving acceptance you are showing in this thread! ''She'' has more then most of us will ever have!

shellie marie
11-11-2012, 03:09 PM
that is so great you want to do this,i would say do something with her like give her a make over,a nice girls night something you can do together?

Lady Catherine
11-11-2012, 03:16 PM
The thought alone is a great gift of itself. I think anything from you would be lovely. I think if I were to get lingerie from my SO it would be the ultimate gesture of exceptance for me.

SusanCACD
11-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Oh that'e easy!! UNDIES!!!!! The oh so soft of saten or silk, maybe even some shape wear, I think it is very personal to give such a gift and some how....somehow, makes me feel like the giver really wants to me next to me. It that to too terribly romantic?
Susan

Eryn
11-11-2012, 03:44 PM
I disagree with those who suggest gift cards. Real items and experiences send a much stronger message.

After some thought I agree with this. I'm considering the silver rose pendant necklace that Mimi gave me shortly after we had "The Talk." It said a lot that couldn't be said with words and gives me warm feelings every time I wear it or even see it hanging in my jewelery cabinet.

Tina B.
11-11-2012, 03:50 PM
One of the best gifts I've ever gotten from my wife, was a beautiful strand of Perls, but then Jewery is always nice, and one size fits all.

tammysmiles
11-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Often times, its not a "thing" that we appreciate most from our SOs...its being able to do things together while en femme (either at home or out and about). Things like a girls night in, getting a mani/pedi together, maybe taking a short trip together.

I just wanted to say that I agree completely with Kim and others who have chimed in similarly. No material items could (or should) compare to time spent together having fun with the person you love. All of these are great suggestions.

GG7irish
11-11-2012, 05:56 PM

He already helps me with my nails weekly now :)Im so lukcy

Thank you all for the suggestions he already had to get me to stop wearing flannel Cat pjs lol....but I think i know now what to get his "femme twin" for Cday. Your girls rock :)

Cassandra Lynn
11-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions he already had to get me to stop wearing flannel Cat pjs lol

Hey now, wait just a minute here m'darlin.:eek:

LOL is right.

I can neither confirm nor deny any rumors regarding the wearing or not wearing of any such flannel cat pjs and under advice of counsel i am invoking my 5th amendment rights. :heehee:

But as you well know toots, your roomie get as much credit as i.........:tongueout

Cass

Alice B
11-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Any gift that shows acceptance and "grily" has got to be a gift that shows love and will be be accepted as such.He is a lucky girl.