PDA

View Full Version : Mary Kay stuff

Newcdguy
11-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Hi everyone. My wife is a Mary Kay lady and I got in some trouble Saturday. I used her makeup and lotions without asking permission as Stephanie. She asked me not to do that anymore. Really more funny than trouble. Hehe.

Anyways today she emailed me telling me she ordered Stephanie a starter kit of her very own.

How wonderful is that??

Hugs
Stephanie

kimdl93
11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Much better. I think most wives would prefer that you use your own stuff, rather than hers. Now, ask her for some make-up tips!

~Joanne~
11-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Funny you mention mary kay because we (the GF) got a free lip gloss in the mail from them. Are their products any good? I asked her what she was going to do with it and she said she didn't know but if I wanted it I could have it. As for using your wife's makeup, while I don't see the harm , you should always ask first. It's great she is getting you a starter kit :) what exactly comes in it?

Wendi_cd
11-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Surely you know not to share make up, especially eye liner/mascara, no, not even your spouses. Get your own. :)

The real question, will MK reps do in house make overs for us if you will be buying their product?

Nikki A.
11-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Matter of fact, most will If you ask. I had a party set for my group and they had a good time. Just realize she is spending her time and effort, at least buy something.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
If anyone likes Mary Kay but doesn't have a MK rep they already use and are loyal to, I have a friend who just became an independent sales rep for MK and she will be having a "Cyber monday" special, so if you'd like to have the link to her page send me a private message and I'll link you. And if you already have a MK Rep, you should check with them to see if they'll be offering a similar sale, I imagine they will, it's probably all of them doing it.

I Am Paula
11-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Nothing to do with Mary Kay here, but a real warning. Even with your SO, don't share cosmetics. While your SO probably won't give you some unpronouncable disease, you can easily pass back and forth an eye infection for MONTHS. At least if only one of you gets pink eye, you know which is the contaminated product, and don't have to throw out both make up bags.-Celeste

Newcdguy
11-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Yes I know not to do that. But it was do much fun. MK reps will do housecalls. They are all fantastic.
Hugs
Stephanie

wearinghers2
11-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Funny I am in the same situation as my wife also sells Mary Kay sometimes I go into her office and feel like a kid in a candy store I love it when she gets new products in she will use me as a test dummy she will do makeovers on me to test the products on me she says it gives her good practice when she gives classes and does makeovers on potential clients life is good, I love my wife and Mary Kay

BLUE ORCHID
11-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi Stephanie, It's great to have friends at the factory.

AmyGaleRT
11-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Nothing to do with Mary Kay here, but a real warning. Even with your SO, don't share cosmetics.

Yes, important to remember. At least my fiancee and I use different brands to keep it straight...she's been a Cover Girl user for years, and I use L'Oreal, 'cause I'm worth it. :D

As for Mary Kay...I had a friend back where I used to live who was a Mary Kay rep, and she helped me a few times assembling gift baskets for relatives. If I ever found a T-friendly rep around here, I might see how their products compare.

- Amy