PDA

View Full Version : Out in Indy Today

Tricia Lee
11-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Did anyone else get out enfemme today?

I spent the whole day dressed up. Started at DSW in Carmel, then Kohl's across the street. Bought some flats next at the Payless. That might be the best purchase I've ever made. They are cute gray suede with a bow on the front.

The nice thing is that now I don't feel freakishly tall. In those flats I'm under 5'10". Suddenly, there were lots of women my height and even taller. I'm usually wearing 2" heels, and I'm ready to trade the fun of wearing heels for the shorter height.

Next it was off to Castleton Square mall. I must have covered the entire place and all the anchor stores. Felt like I was really blending in and had no problems at all.

Finished the day with a walk around the circle in downtown Indy, and a trip through the Circle Center mall.

Will post some pics in a bit :)

I Am Paula
11-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Went to Winners (canadian TJ max) and got a nice gold brocade table cloth and eight napkins. Oh yea, and a drawer organizer. I really thought retirement would be more glamorous.-Celeste

Tricia Lee
11-12-2012, 09:51 PM
I feel glamourous anytime I'm out! Even if it's just to the grocery store. I've dreamed of doing this all my life. How many people get to see their dreams come true?

Tricia Lee
11-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Ok, so this is my "blending in" uniform. Notice the new flats. This was in the fitting room at Sears. I was going to try on a Kardashian dress but they only had it in Large. I couldn't get into it. Still, got this nice picture!

Hang on... trying to rotate the pic. Success!

Tricia Lee
11-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Ended up downtown. Had to de-Tricia shortly after this picture to take care of some business. This is across the street from the Colts stadium.

That sunlight is harsh! It was really windy too.

Tracii G
11-12-2012, 10:17 PM
You look great Tricia, sounds like a fun day you had.

TeresaL
11-12-2012, 11:30 PM
You sure can have fun in Indy, and you're certainly in the ol' shop until you drop mode.

I've been to all the places you mention, and was enfemme at Trader Joe's just a couple of weeks ago. We might accidentally walk by each other. LOL

Although I live 45 miles south of Indy, I travel to the VA hospital on tenth street several times each month. Southport is my usual stop and shop place. Dress Barn, Kohls, and Target are in one strip. I'm in each store for hours, and don't always purchase something. No one has ever glanced at me in any way, shape, or form to indicate that I'm anything other than just another old lady out for a shopping spree.

Wanna be Heather
11-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Well, I can't call it an out today since I am new to real CDing. Today I had fun shopping at Victoria secret. I bought lots of panties, bras and slip ons. For the first time I wore panties and slip ons outside my bedroom. I went out to dinner and a bar with my boyfriends. I must tell you that it felt so liberating. It is not just sexy, it just felt natural to me.

Cynthia Anne
11-13-2012, 12:24 AM
I would say you blend in very well! Even with the wind blowing you look fantastic!

MeganHenry
11-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Great pics, cute outfit, looking good...

sittinggirls
11-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Very good dress and easily passable , nice hairstyle...

Nicole Erin
11-13-2012, 03:56 AM
Oh my gyod, you mean there was a TRAHNNY running around Indy? I will look for it on the news.

stephNE
11-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi Tricia, you look awesome! I'll bet people noticed that you were an attractive woman. Steph.

paulinescotlandcd
11-13-2012, 08:12 AM
For what it's worth I think you look great, love those shaped eyebrows.

Tina B.
11-13-2012, 08:24 AM
I was in your town many years ago, you do have some great shopping there, I envy you. Also envy your looks! Had my heart broken yesterday, found out Payless shoes closed up and left town, very little shopping left here.

aprilgirl
11-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi Pat,

Could you have picked a colder, windier day than yesterday? What a departure from the 70 degrees from the weekend to snow Monday morning. Plus, you were only 5 minutes from me and no invite to lunch? I suppose with all the shopping you did you didn't have time to stop! Outside of Circle Center Mall, I've frequented all the same places...we are ultimately bound to cross paths.

The flats were a great purchase and I know what you mean by the freakishly tall statement. Besides, with all the walking you did yesterday your feet will survive another day long shopping spree. Glad you had a wonderful day out and let's plan another evening out soon. Kim

Jorja
11-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Oh my gyod, you mean there was a TRAHNNY running around Indy? I will look for it on the news.

That could be BIG news in these parts.

BLUE ORCHID
11-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Hi Tricia Lee, As always you look so pretty .
I got the same gray suede flats at Payless last week i just love them.

linda allen
11-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Tricia, you look great and very much like a typical woman out shopping for the day. I'll bet as you looked around you, most women were wearing flats, not heels. As much fun as it is to prance around in heels, flats or really low heels are much more normal for GGs unless they are out at a nightclub or bar.

Tricia Lee
11-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Could you have picked a colder, windier day than yesterday? What a departure from the 70 degrees from the weekend to snow Monday morning.

The opportunity to dress for more than a few hours had presented itself. There could have been a blizzard yesterday and I'd still have gone out!

Plus, you were only 5 minutes from me and no invite to lunch? I suppose with all the shopping you did you didn't have time to stop!

I had your number pulled up on my phone. Just didn't want to impose on you I guess. Next time I will be bugging you to go with me :)

The flats were a great purchase and I know what you mean by the freakishly tall statement. Besides, with all the walking you did yesterday your feet will survive another day long shopping spree. Glad you had a wonderful day out and let's plan another evening out soon. Kim

My heels that I regularly wear are very comfortable. It wouldn't have bothered me at all to wear them. They aren't very high, maybe only 2". It was surprising how much difference that 2" makes when comparing my height to most women. Hope we can get out for dinner again soon!

Ceri Anne
11-13-2012, 10:58 AM
You look awsome Tricia, I'm straight and you would have caught my eye ;)

bridget thronton
11-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Nice pics thanks for sharing your day

carhill2mn
11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Yes, I spent all day en femme. I had my nails done in the early afternoon and picked up a pair of black heels from the shoe repair shop on the way home.

Tricia Lee
11-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Awesome Carole. Sounds like fun! I have never had my nails done.

I did get out again today. The mall sure was crowded! Shopped at Sears, Target, and Carson's.

Saw my aunt at Sears, who as far as I know doesn't know about my CD'ing. I walked right past her intentionally. She glanced at me then kept on shopping. I also went into a large shoe store that is run by my brother-in-law. I went in because I didn't see him when I walked by. After going inside and trying on some shoes, he showed up at the front counter. I managed to get out of the store without coming in contact with him.

Also went to Kohl's and tried on shoes. Shopped all over that store with no problem. Actually, I think I might have seen another CD there, or she might have even been TS. Can't say for sure. She was with another woman. We shopped in the same area for a while but they didn't seem to acknowledge me at all, so I could be wrong.

Finished up with a visit to Dress Barn. One of the SA's had on a short blue dress with black boots and fishnets. She was really rocking the look. I wanted to compliment her but didn't have a chance until I was leaving the store. I was almost to the door when she came around the corner from the other side. I manage to blurt out "love those fishnets". She smiled wide and said she wasn't sure if it was too much or not. I said no, it looks great. She seemed to appreciate the compliment, so I felt good about that.

Here is a pic taken on my way back home:

ArleneRaquel
11-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Dreams coming true are awesom, see my signature. Lovely pics hon and I'm glad that you had a memorable outing

NathalieX66
11-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Tricia, I love your hair! I hope you had fun.
Yeah,we're pretty much in the same boat. ....been out for the last two days (today & yesterday).

ArleneRaquel
11-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Fantastic new avatar Trish. Very alluring !

S. Lisa Smith
11-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Wow, it sounds like you had a great time!! You look great!!! I'm going shopping tomorrow in Richmond, VA.

RenneB
11-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Great looks girl. Thanks for sharing the story of the adventure....

Weekends are finally mine and have been rockin en fem since Friday... Sunday night it's back to bland me....

Renne.....