PDA

View Full Version : Tired . . .

TxKimberly
11-13-2012, 08:52 PM
I guess at 47 maybe I am feeling my mortality, but I'm tired. Worn out, ain't got another freaking mile in me, tired. . .
Am I the only one that is tired . . . . ?

Stephanie Miller
11-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Yep, we all feel that way some time. You're still a kid. A good looking kid that's got the world by it's tail. Live it. When you get to be the age of this ol' hag, you come to realize we too thought our glass was full at your age. And you know what? It's wasn't. We piddled away the best years of our lives.

So there... you did you're part and complained. :sad:
And I did mine and preached like a little ol' lady. :D

Get a good rest. Look around when you get up. You got it a lot better than a lot.
Here's to ya girl :ms:

Denise69
11-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Yep, tired & frustrated. You've only got me by a couple of years, so does that make me an over achiever??? 'Cause really I'd like to back off a bit..... Time for bed...

BLUE ORCHID
11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi Kid, I'l be 70 in four weeks and some times I feel to tired to get dressed
but I just suck it up and get dressed and forget all about being tired.

Krististeph
11-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Same here at 48.
But I'm fighting that feeling whenever I can, I don't think I want to go gently.
Partly the body slowing down, part mid-life crisis perhaps.

Just remember, "... on a bad day, there's always lipstick..." (from an 80's ad campaign)

Jana
11-13-2012, 09:20 PM
I can certainly relate to that, and I'm 8 years your junior. The only thing that really matters to me would be to transition, but I don't know that I can carry it out (mainly for family reasons). On the other hand, I can't stop thinking about it, which is preventing me from focusing on anything else. So, perhaps not for the same reasons as you, but heck yeah, I also feel tired. Sometimes I even wonder, what's the point of it all?

Now, I'm curious, have you tried to talk to a therapist about it? What would you say is the main source of stress and frustration that compounds to this overall feeling of tiredness?

Momarie
11-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Nope, not me :mooning:

Older than you even with several spinal surgeries etc.

Though I think you are very cute....
HUSH and wipe them tears from your eyes and slap on a smile and some mascara!

jillleanne
11-13-2012, 09:36 PM
It's that stupid time change they do twice a year. I swear I want to go out and shoot something just for no reason, and I hate guns. Go shopping en femme to help. Works for me.
FYI the time change was invented for just that reason, shopping.

Momarie
11-13-2012, 09:42 PM
It's that stupid time change they do twice a year. I swear I want to go out and shoot something just for no reason, and I hate guns. Go shopping en femme to help. Works for me.
FYI the time change was invented for just that reason, shopping.

What does deer season have to do with this?

kimdl93
11-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Kimberly, I have shoes older than you...well not quite.

Now to get serious. I have to ask, are you able to tell, is this fatigue in the physical sense or a weariness of possibly emotional origin?

You sound like a very busy person, professionally speaking , and certainly it's possible that your just worn out. It's also possible that you're feeling the impact of other stresses in your life. Only you can answer that.

Kate Simmons
11-13-2012, 09:50 PM
I think often times we get tired of playing the "game" Kim but not tired of being who we are. Just need some respite once in a while, that's all. Be well my friend.:hugs::)

Angela Campbell
11-13-2012, 09:54 PM
At 55 I am starting to slow down a bit and now feel better than ever. I used to work 60 to 80 hours a a week trying to get ahead (for all the good it did) and now I just keep my head low and stay below the radar. I spent most of my life trying too hard, sometimes you just need to look out for yourself. Take a vacation!

Josie M
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Same age here.....and I get burnt as well. Try to set aside time to stay in shape and pursue my interest. Although it's hard to find time to be Josie lately...might have to create second SCA persona :)

I also find that, if I push through the "tired" and get moving anyway, I'm usually glad I did....

Andy66
11-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Yep, yep. Im the same age as you and tired too, cutie pie. But getting old does have advantages.

Miriam-J
11-13-2012, 10:12 PM
I understand the feeling - was the same way for me at 47 (five years ago). But then I had a total transformation of my life and now feel more alive than at any time in my life. It can and will improve, but take the tiger by the tail and make it happen.

Miriam

Miranda09
11-13-2012, 10:13 PM
It's OK to get tired...especially with your schedule and all the flying and traveling around the country you do! My prescription: Time with your family.......then have fun again!! (BTW....you ain't even old enough to be over the hill!! ;) )

PretzelGirl
11-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Years after having Lasik, I was feeling the same thing. Took me a while to think of it and sure enough, need reading glasses. When was your last checkup? Never mind that all the travel gives you a good reason to feel that way.

But I think you are in good company. Madeline was tired too!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uai7M4RpoLU

justmetoo
11-13-2012, 10:21 PM
It's OK to get tired...especially with your schedule and all the flying and traveling around the country you do! My prescription: Time with your family.......then have fun again!! (BTW....you ain't even old enough to be over the hill!! ;) )

This. I'm nearly a decade older than you, Kimberly, and some days I feel quite tired. Today is one of those days. Usually a break, some real time away from work and responsibilities, enjoying hobbies, and relaxing without pressure to do anything helps. Sometimes it takes a few days. Weekends often seem too short and can have too many things that have to be done, and I am single and no kids!

(I always enjoy your blog posts!) :)

Rhonda Ann
11-13-2012, 10:28 PM
I am a 58 year young lady. I go through times when I don't think I cannot go anymore. I take a few days off and stay home not letting anyone know I'm off so I can have my time. Maybe even take a short trip to get out of town and away from the everyday people I see. Don't get me wrong, I love my everyday people, sometimes you just need to get away and so you can relax. Just sayin

skirtsuit
11-13-2012, 10:30 PM
I'll be 49 tomorrow and I'm not tired or nearly finished. My only real complaint is I'm a little tired of being poor, but that's slowly changing.

Tired? Can't wait for next week to get out and about in some of my new clothes.

Sounds like you just need a break, your race isn't run at 50!

Best,
SS

lingerieLiz
11-13-2012, 10:32 PM
As a senior member, I can tell you that life is what you make of it. Relax and enjoy. You are of the age that you can quit worrying about others and take care of yourself. As I've aged, I find life is more fun. At somepoint we all feel the sudden realization that life is not forever and panic. The truth is it comes and goes, but think of all the pretty lingerie you have yet to try.

Cindy J Angel
11-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Yes i was too at that age we all were trying to get a head i think 30 48 we work the hardest and u know being in the navy how we work . U are going to have to start working out and start taken vim. it has done wonder for me can run 3 mil and walk 5 at 54 and know people older that can top that. so now u will have to go out shoping and get work out outfitts all molto have gyms so get in there lv cindy

Eryn
11-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Just remember, "... on a bad day, there's always lipstick..." (from an 80's ad campaign)

Hmmm, I remember that ad! I wonder if it resonated better with us CDers than it did with its target audience? :)

NathalieX66
11-13-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm 46, I feel better than I did when I was 36.
Other than running and exercise, I make it a point to sleep in on weekends. When the body says I feel tired, I need to sleep....obey it and do it!

Debglam
11-13-2012, 11:18 PM
As much as you travel Kimberly, it is no wonder! That alone is exhausting! A good night's sleep is all you need! Sleep, have some fun, get back to center.

We are the same age and we can't let these youngsters have all the fun!

Hugs,
Debby

docrobbysherry
11-13-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm nearly 2 decades older than u, Kim. And, I rarely get tired. Plus, I seem to get by ok with less sleep lately. However, I notice a number of my friends seem to fade easily these days.

I don't think you're the type that gets tired often, but as Josie said, burnt out maybe? U can't burn the candle at both ends forever. On the plus side, the holidays may give u a chance to re load.

Then again, maybe not getting enuff Kim time is your problem?

StaceyJane
11-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Kimberly, Since I know that you are seven days older than me does this mean I'll feel this way next week?
Cause I don't feel it now. Taking on my gender issues have really energized me.

JanetHarper
11-13-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm a year and a bit older then you and I started feeling tired a couple of years ago. At the advice of my doctor I started exercising; I know when you're tired you don't feel like it but it's done wonders for my energy levels - and as a plus I lost a dress size.

Just to rule out anything nasty - go see the doc.

Alice B
11-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Kim. Take my word for it. It is only an age related thing that will pass. We all get there at one point or another, but the beat comes back. Hang in there. Consider it a mid life crisis, since an affair is out of the question. You are the affair.

denese013
11-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Hi Kim, I just read a new word in the seniors dictionary, Exhaustipated= Just too damn tired to give a shit.But I still enjoy getting up in the morning,stepping into my heels and walk into my world.Hang in there hon.

Diversity
11-14-2012, 02:46 AM
At 47 you're still young! The best years are ahead (that's what I always say)! Everyday is a new beginning - a new adventure - another new step in our journey through life. If you're tired, get some sleep. Then wake up and enjoy the new day ahead. Have fun! No, have lots of fun and laughs along the way. Look in the mirror and smile! :)
Di

mikiSJ
11-14-2012, 02:55 AM
I am tired of being retired with no deals to make. Sorry, but at 66...

Miki

AKKaren
11-14-2012, 03:10 AM
:battingeyelashes:Yea...I can relate, Kimberly. I usually work up to 80 hours a week on the road and when I get home I just want to just crawl into a hole and pull a cover over it. But a break of a few days with some proper sleep and time with my loved one usually gets be back on track. Sometimes life just piles up on you and I need to step back, take a deep breath and prioritize things.
My dressing goes with my energy level...when I'm burned out I can't even get out of my nightie......
Chin up, Kimberly
Hugs!
:hugs:Karen Elizabeth

Beverley Sims
11-14-2012, 03:53 AM
I get tired of everything now and then.
Take a deep breath go out and window shop and when you get some good ideas in your head come home and put them together.
Now find a handbag and take those new ideas out the door again. :)

Vickie_CDTV
11-14-2012, 06:01 AM
Don't feel bad, I often felt that way in the past, and I was only in my late 20s at the time.

Frankly, given all of the grief and obstacles put in front of myself by the powers that be that (which I have no control over), some days I really wonder why I even bother getting up and going to work everyday. It is no surprise some people feel that way in this day and age.

erickka
11-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Not hardly!! I am 52, and in just the last 5 or so years, I am REALLY feling my age too. I guess over 30 years in my current occupation just might have a little to do with it, but at least I'm still able to kick up my 5" stilettos and have some fun.

stephNE
11-14-2012, 07:16 AM
I too am tired of everything, at age 53.
TxKimberly- hang in there girl, have hope that tomorrow will be better!
I love everyone who responded to this thread, thank you so much.

Tina B.
11-14-2012, 07:17 AM
OK Kim, your just a kid to some of us, but we all push to hard sometimes, put your feet up, relax and slow down for a few days, and pretty soon you'll jump up ready to get back in there swinging, or swishing and the case may be.

Karren H
11-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Suck it up Kimberly! I'm 13 years older and don't have time to stop and think about mortality.... got a new kitchen to install and hockey to play.... :D

JulieK1980
11-14-2012, 08:28 AM
If you feel run down all the time, one thing to consider is having a doctor check your vitamin D levels. Apparently this is the new kick at the VA clinic I go to, when I went I was complaining of feeling a general malaise, and I never seemed to have any energy at all. They checked my vitamin D levels, and low and behold they were abnormally low. They sent me home with a vitamin D supplement, and amazingly enough, after about 3 weeks I had about three times the energy I did before. Might be worth a shot.

grace52
11-14-2012, 09:36 AM
hang in there, I have always enjoyed your travels and freindly advice on cities. I just turned 60 , just watch those years ending in 0 ,at 40 i broke arm, at 50 i broke both arms and wrist, and thought my guitar playing was over. Now i just recovering from heart problems and now dealing with vertigo. Life goes on i look forward to hearing more of your travels. grace

TxKimberly
11-14-2012, 09:54 AM
ROFL - Thank you for the laughs (and the serious advice). :)

larry
11-14-2012, 10:18 AM
No advice from me. Not qualified to give it. BUT--I do hope you have a happy day today and find out what is making you feel this way.

Meghan
11-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Jumping in...

I am 42 but in the best physical shape of my life. That generally helps me get through the downs.

I am realizing my incredible, desperate downs, when they do come, are crushing. I don't believe a word anyone says, I get paranoid and sad, frustrated and angry. However, I also am learning these downs are necessary for processing stuff, and that I always come out of them even when it seems like forever...and when I do come out I am stronger than ever.

You will come back from this one :) hugs.

Meghan

ChelseaErtel
11-14-2012, 10:43 AM
I had a hard time being tired from about 45 to 52. At 51 I realized my TG issues were not going away, figured out with help from a psychologist that I was transsexual. Once I came to realize who I was and I was determined to tell my wife. Then I wasn't so stressed about hiding anymore and my energy came back. I told my wife and we are still together, we love each other and are working this rather large unexpected TS issue together. Lots of bumps to come but I'm feel free somehow. I can be me with out stress.

So, could be physical, could be mental that manifests itself into a physical problem. I had all sorts of test done and I was always healthy as a horse.

SherriePall
11-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Kim -- I am on my third year of collecting Social Security and my first on Medicare (for what it's worth) and I, too, have been getting tired the past couple of weeks -- which I blame on coming off Daylight Savings Time. Plus the weather has been dreadful (very little sunshine). I work a very physical job which isn't bad, but once in a while I get beat up by the amount of heavy constant lifting I must do. But what tires me the most is the often mental aspect of the job.
So, if you're tired, don't worry about it. I have a solution I use to perk up, but I think that you and everyone here already knows what it is.

sterling12
11-14-2012, 11:48 AM
And although it may be sacrilege around here, I might suggest for all of us in middle age who are feeling listless and seem to have lost a lot of desire.....have the Doctor run a blood test, and have your testosterone levels checked!

Most people these days are physically 10 to 15 years younger than their stated age. Comparably, yourself at 55 would physically be equivalent to a forty year old man from the 1960's. That's due in part to better diets, better medical treatments to fix problems, more physical fitness, and better health awareness.

Yeah, part of this might be a "middle-aged crisis." But sometimes it's something fixable! Why not get fixed?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Debra Russell
11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
At 55 I am starting to slow down a bit and now feel better than ever. I used to work 60 to 80 hours a a week trying to get ahead (for all the good it did) and now I just keep my head low and stay below the radar. I spent most of my life trying too hard, sometimes you just need to look out for yourself. Take a vacation!

Amen to that - work too hard - life gets in the way - taking a vacation helps and a little "me" time with no distractions or time infringments usually helps..........................Debra

Sarah Doepner
11-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Me too Kim. I've been tired since, let's see, 1984 or 1985. Then the 90's came along and beat me down so bad I was hoping the millenium virus would shut the whole thing down. I did have pretty good energy in April of 2001 and again in October of the same year. About three years ago I got a burst of energy and rolled over to see what was on the TV, but I had to lay down again. I'm working up to an active winter now. Wait, nope, the feeling passed.

Kim if you manage to get some rest, maybe even a couple of days vacation with the kids and the feeling persists, talk to the doctor. Sometimes it's physical and sometimes it's just a mental thing and if someone asks the right question you can see your way out. I'm beat now, it's time for a nap. ;-)

ArleneRaquel
11-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Family time cures many ills, at least I believe so.

Stephanie47
11-14-2012, 12:53 PM
It sounds like mid life crisis time. No? From your postings on this site and your blog, it is no wonder you feel burned out. It seems you are constantly on the go. Even being able to travel en femme and "relax" in a hotel room does not replace kicking back and relaxing in your own home. At forty-seven I had to be still employed. I had kids in college and high school, and, a wife planning on getting her degree. The job I had for thirty plus was very confrontational. I was burned out for decades, but, I had to keep going. In my line of employment I reached the **** You date, when management could fire me without any adverse consequences. That made life tolerable until I was ready to pick my time.

I can only tell anyone who cares to listen you need to be debt free, live within your income, and, have realistic expectations. A person must control his destiny. If you rely on the government, then you're sunk. With defined benefit retirement plans gone, Medicare eligibility at 65 or 67, full social security retirement at 66 or later, most people are going to feel really tired for a long time.

What a lot of people do is to bag their current jobs when fully vested in a retirement plan and take their expertise to a less stressful and a new direction. Have math and engineering skills? Try teaching at a trade school or college.

And, if you really like what your doing, don't retire!

Melissa_59
11-14-2012, 01:28 PM
As Indiana Jones once said, "It's not the age, it's the mileage." Take some down time if you can.

Meghan
11-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah, now I feel like the OP. This is tough. I forget the exact exchange, but my wife just said something that really rattled me. She says she didn't mean anything by it, and generally speaking she doesn't do that, but this horrible feeling washed over me and now it's still there. So now I am pouty.

When I get pouty, I stop shaving, I get into a way too large tshirt, pull some socks on and mope around. It always feels like the feeling is never going to go away but it gradually does. I know it will because it always does.

Part of being open is also being exposed, emotionally. Not suppressing things inevitably means previously dull feelings and emotions are way more amplified now. I am personally having a hard to adapting to the swings.

Just like now, I am constantly reminding myself this is a journey, not an event.

Meghan

carhill2mn
11-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh, my! I am sorry that you are feeling as you are. Life (family, job, CDing, etc.) can wear you down. It is not uncommon to feel that way at your age (strangely). Take a deep breath and try to enjoy all that you have. Time will pass too quickly and you will soon wonder what happened. My age is the same as yours with the digits reversed so, "I have been there, done that".

You have one advantage over me in that you have been enjoying more of your fem self at a much early age than I did. One regrets what one did not do.

Carla4Guage
11-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Kim;
I have a line in my Flickr profile that says, in response to the posted age thing "I'm old enough to be your mother." Well in looking at it I could have been. (Just barely!) We all get to feeling burned out occasionally. I suggest maybe a break for awhile, you'll know when you've been away long enough, JUST DON'T GET RID OF ANYTHING!!!!!
love ya,
Carla

Robynts
11-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi Kim, I can understand with your schedule feeling rundown. One other thought is drugs! I know you have a health issue or two (don't we all in one form or other) but have your Dr.'s put you on any drugs lately or while you have been feeling rundown? I have noticed that some of the crap the Dr.'s have put me on are just flat taking the life out of me. Used to be I could work out on the farm all day and feel fine but now after about 4 hours I am burned out. I have decided to lose some more weight and hopefully get off the drugs completely.

Best of luck to you.

Robyn

bimini1
11-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Definitely relate. During the day I have good energy but at about 7ish at night it's over. I am 47. For some of us I guess this is when it sets in. I go out and run 7-8 miles twice weekly but am still worn out at night.

I cannot tell you how many times my wife has suggested I get dressed after the baby goes to bed only for me to table the offer, reason, hell I'm too dammed sleepy to dress.

Few years ago it woulda been hell yeah and a marathon session into the wee hours. Not now. The dressing can energize me at times but here lately I just get en femme and nod out on the couch, that is no fun indeed.

Emma Leigh
11-14-2012, 08:04 PM
It is only an age related thing that will pass.

Ya all got me dreading turning 30 now.............:lol:

heatherdress
11-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Kimberly - No matter what age we are, it is important to take care of ourselves. Diet/exercise/rest/relaxation/sleep/fun. If we become aware that we are continually tired, or depressed, or stressed, or sickly - then we have to do something about it. A trip to the doctor is a good first step. Maybe we need a change in our routines. Maybe we need a career change. It is not OK to simply accept being tired, or run down. 47 is not old. 57 is not old. 67 is not old. Thinking old is old.

Lorileah
11-14-2012, 08:08 PM

Kim, I have been tired for 5 years now.

Launa
11-14-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm damn tired too I've just cancelled my girls night out as Launa this Friday. Its sometimes too hard to coordinate going out to an event all dressed up. Thats how tired I am:(

TGMarla
11-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Hang in there, seestah. I'm tired, too. But I'm not quite worn out. Yet.

Jen60
11-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Kimberly, judging from your recent posts and your blog, these past couple of months have been especially hard on you, mentally and physically. It's no wonder you feel tired. Sometimes I find it helps just to take life oe day at a time and try to suck up some pleasure in the immediate moment. I hope things will begin to look better...

DMichele
11-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Kim,

Try some Geritol! Wow, I can't believe they still make that stuff. In the 70s it was advertised for 'tired poor blood'. I don't know if that was blood that lacked money and was tired.

Any way, lot's of good advice has been given. Sometimes simplifying one's life can help.

Take care girl & hope your energy returns soon.

bimini1
11-14-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm damn tired too I've just cancelled my night out as Launa this Friday. Thats how tired I am:(

Friday's are the worst. The only thing I wanna do on a Friday night is find the king size. I simply grind to a halt quickly.

brandi
11-14-2012, 08:29 PM
At 46, I am having a hard time with the way my life has gone. Everyday is a struggle and I am tired of everything all the time.

Brandi

Lynn Marie
11-14-2012, 08:39 PM
I guess at 47 maybe I am feeling my mortality, but I'm tired. Worn out, ain't got another freaking mile in me, tired. . .

Sorry there old girl. I know what you mean. Leading two lives can be exhausting. I always wonder at how you can look so good and be so busy at the same time.

I'm tired too but for different reasons. I'm 69, had major surgery 3 weeks ago, and haven't been out shopping for a month or more! Yeah, I'm beat too, but going out Friday night with the girls for sure.

suchacutie
11-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Kim, I guess I need to ask if you are ok, have had your regular physical, get aerobic exercise, and if you are eating well (on the road must be a gastronomic nightmare!)? At 47 you should be cookin! Maybe an overall health appraisal is in order?

Six years ago my doctor, in a very serious voice, told me to fight aging in every way possible, and that as a scientist I had the tools to do it. My femme side helps a lot and I've become very concious of what we can do to keep the body energetic and resiliant. However, it's not easy on the road to do what needs to be done.

Do take good care of yourself!

Tracii G
11-14-2012, 10:43 PM
I know how you feel it sounds like you need to take a break maybe a nice calm vacation.
I recently turned 60 and feel really good and always on the go.
Try some liquid vitamins they help a lot with the energy drain us old farts get.

Michaela51
11-14-2012, 10:52 PM
It's a toxic cultural imperative that we buy into as men. Step outside the circle and breathe. Increase your awareness of who you are and what you really need. I am 61 and feeling exactly the same. We don't have to slave ourselves to our jobs, etc. Find your strength. Peace, Brother, be well.

Meghan
11-15-2012, 01:03 AM
It's a toxic cultural imperative that we buy into as men. Step outside the circle and breathe. Increase your awareness of who you are and what you really need. I am 61 and feeling exactly the same. We don't have to slave ourselves to our jobs, etc. Find your strength. Peace, Brother, be well.

I have never been more aware of who I am, and my impact on others, than I am right now. I am starting to understand that humans are social creatures. I have never been very social, but now I know I have to be to survive. I know I have to reach out to others like me, because no one of us can do it on our own.

That's probably why I am posting here more...

Meghan

bobbimo
11-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi Kim!
So I must confess that when I first joined here, one of the threads I read had your post, and I was amazed at how beautiful you were. I couldnt believe that you were not GG.
I read your profile, looked at your pictures and put you way up one a pedestal as some one to emulate. You were some one very comfortable in their skin and did an amazing job of being a very beautiful Kim.
I think you need a hug (((((((((((((((((((((((((((KIM)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))).
So if the world is getting you down, then you need to put on your prettiest outfit and take a KIM day. Just walk out the door, and relax, do what makes you happy. I also find it comforting to go out into the woods, where no one else is around and scream. After one or two bursts you will be all better.
Bobbi

Desiree2bababe
11-16-2012, 01:06 PM
I've got 7 years on you and trust me, you ain't tired. I'm tired. You keep on keeping on because you are what we'd all like to be at this age.

KarenCDFL
11-16-2012, 01:23 PM
I am close to 55 and i hit that roadblock several years ago. Just have to keep moving....

chrismy
11-17-2012, 02:13 AM
so very very tired... utterly exhausted.. u r not alone dear. every day we wake .. yet one additional battle to get through the day that others dont have. our burden hon

donnatracey
11-17-2012, 03:07 AM

Just wait until you reach 50.......:battingeyelashes:....and then 60.......:eek:

Kaz
11-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Hi Kim... just another day in the life, girl! As the song says, pick yourself up, dust yourself down... start all over again! I found I got more energy when I passed the 50 mark!

k lynn
11-17-2012, 05:25 AM
I am 49 now theres days I feel like you so I just relax and take some me time read a book or put on my bra and boots and fire up my bike and take agood long ride.

SANDRA MICHELLE
11-17-2012, 02:25 PM
I am tired also, but not tired of dressing just tired of too much work. I offered to help a friend with a house remodel and it's exhausting. I have always hated painting and have spent 20+ hours this last week painting, ugh! Now after I work till two today I am going over to start with a whole house vinyl siding job, should be done after about 25 hours or so. After I am done there my wife has a whole list of honey do's that I need to tackle, just give me some Sandra Michelle time and I'll be just fine.

sometimes_miss
11-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Kim, when I went to therapy with my wife before the divorce, the therapist mentioned that I had been keeping my secrets from the world for decades, and did she have any idea how exhausting that can be? I had to think about that; I hadn't considered that aspect of it before. But yes, part of our minds is always 'on guard' to protect us from letting anything slip out about things we don't want others to know. I don't know if you're in the closet to anyone, or have to monitor your 'learned female behaviors' whenever you aren't alone, like I do. But even if you only do it part of the time, your brain is busy doing something that other people don't have to deal with, and that alone can wear you down over time.
JMHO.

Lori B
11-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Ya all got me dreading turning 30 now.............:lol:>>>>>>>>>>> :brolleyes:

Sherrii
11-18-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't think you are all that old, I am 63 and if I could be 47 again I would be happy. I do understand how you feel, I feel like that sometimes too. I try to get more sleep when it happenes, I need 8 hours, 7 or 7 1/2 don't do it if I go more than a day or two. Try to get some exercise too, being somewhat fit can help mentally and physically too. And if you don't have some hobby interests find something to do that you want to do. I enjoy my antique tractors, mountain biking, working in my shop (machine), and when I get the time I like to shoot a little and reload ammo. I can't wait to retire,(very soon now) so I can do these things and still have time to read and do the things I need to do in the house and yard. My biggest problem is getting going, once I get going I am ok, it is getting the energy to start. I hope things will work out for you and I hope I may have helped in some way.

Sherrii

Jaymees22
11-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi I'm tired too, maybe this will help.