PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it

Laurie Ann
11-28-2005, 11:00 PM
I have had the opportunity to dress the last two nights and be out and about. Tonight I went to my local Lane Bryant store to look and spend Real Womens Dollars from a prior purchase. As I was browsing about the store, which thankfully was pretty empty, one of the sales associates came up and said is there anything I can help you with ma'am. My first ma'am i am in a complete state of shock. I spent some time speaking with her and she said I looked very feminine, now I am 6'1' and 215lbs and with a pair of three inch heels (which makes me somewhat over 6'4') I doubted I looked good. I know that she is looking to sell product for her commission but to have her say that to me made my day, week, month and year. I am still walking on cloud nine. It is amazing how one statement can validate my feelings. I know I need LB for the size but I am really satisfied with the store and they even let cd's try on items I have now tried on clothes in two different stores. As I was speaking with her about trying on some items we discussed peoples perceptions she said being heavy for a Gg is very hard and her attitude is to each her own she said that the looks she gets from sales people at other chain stores such as VS or Gap or others is very discouraging and hurts her very much. I thanked very much and spent more than I wanted too but I felt so good I wanted more items to make me feel mre womenly. As an aside she said my makeup looked better than many gg's she knows including herself. I don't know if I will sleep tonight but I have too in my new flyaway pink babydolls.

sarahsfiona GG
11-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Congratulations! What wonderful luck that you were able to shop there at that time, and that the salesgirl was so helpful. Yes, being a "full figured" GG can be very frustrating. We are looked down upon as second-class citizens and afforded little respect. I won't say it's as hard to make it in the world as a CD, but it's certainly a challenge.

What an uplifting experience for you! Enjoy your pink babydolls. ;)

Fiona

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-28-2005, 11:35 PM
My experiences with Lane Bryant is that they're very t-friendly (they've never a had problem with me trying stuff on). Not sure if it's official corporate policy, but I'm sure they're aware they get a lot of t-customers, whether en femme or not.

On a personal level, most of the sale clerks are plus-sized themselves, so like the GG you talked to, I'm sure they've also experienced what it's like to be seen as "different" and consequently are more tolerant as a result.

Regardless, I've always been treated like a lady when I've been there.

Kathleen3359
11-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Great job girlfriend.. I just had my outing on thanksgiving day..
It was so much fun I am so happy for you keep going I know i wont..
Kathleen

Phoebe Reece
11-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Way to go Laurie Ann!
I think most sales associates have figured out that CD's can be big spenders if they are treated right. But, don't sell yourself short on looks though. Your sales associate was probably not just buttering you up with the makeup comments. Often CD's that have been at it for awhile can do a better makeup job than many average GG's. We certainly tend to be more careful in selecting our clothing for going out. In any case, it certainly is nice to be treated like a woman when out. And, it makes you want to do it again, and again, and again..... I expect you will have many more adventures to report in the near future.

BrendaChristine
11-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Welcome to the world. There must be something in the water here in Jersey!:D
B.

Billijo49504
11-29-2005, 01:35 AM
Glad you had a great time shopping. :D I've been preaching the way LB treats us. I've had great survice in 5 different stores, here in Michigan and the same great service in 3 other states. I haven't figured out yet what I want to buy with Real Woman Dollars, but I got a few days. That's where most of my clothes come from. Happy shopping.

RachelDenise
11-29-2005, 06:07 AM
What a wonderful experience! Can't wait to go back to LB now!:D

Laurie Ann
11-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Thank you ladies for those comments I appreciate it and yes I will do almost all my shopping at LB. I also sent an email to corporate customer service telling them of my complete satisfaction and the outstanding customers service by the stores sales associates.

Jasmine Ellis
12-21-2005, 10:15 AM
congratulations dear it so nice when you go into a shop to buy a dress or skirt or top and have help and so nice when you can try them on with no questons asked. I love it and always try to find the same person to help me each time I go into the shop when buying clothes from "new look"

Wendy me
12-21-2005, 10:20 AM
way cool see when people in the stores make you feel comfy as you should then you can enjoy shopping and have fun...

VeronicaMoonlit
12-21-2005, 11:24 AM
My experiences with Lane Bryant is that they're very t-friendly (they've never a had problem with me trying stuff on). Not sure if it's official corporate policy, but I'm sure they're aware they get a lot of t-customers, whether en femme or not.

It's official policy last I heard. Also I heard that their own numbers show that about 20% of their business comes from "us".

The other Charming Shoppes (Parent company of Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug and Cathereines) stores can have different policies depending on how their dressing rooms are set up. So YMMV at Catherines and Fashion Bug

On a personal level, most of the sale clerks are plus-sized themselves, so like the GG you talked to, I'm sure they've also experienced what it's like to be seen as "different" and consequently are more tolerant as a result.

Yes.

Regardless, I've always been treated like a lady when I've been there.

Me too

Veronica

amykins GG
12-21-2005, 12:05 PM
I am so glad you had fun. It is so refreshing to find an openmind.

Darlena
12-21-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm so glad you had a positive shopping experience. I'm going to try Lane Bryant next time. See you there,

Dayna
12-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Neat story, Laurie Ann! No doubt LB gets a lot of word-of-mouth referrals, and I encourage everyone to follow your lead drop a a note to the company. Hopefully your comments will make their way down to the sales associate who treated you so well!

Kathrine
12-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Great to hear about your positive experience Laurie Ann. I've never felt comfortable enough to shop in a store, I have only bought things over the net. Maybe I'll give it a try. I'd love to be able to try things on.

JulieFL
12-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Another LB lover here. I have never had anything but positive experience with their salespeople.

Being a full figured GG, LB is also my SOs favorite store. Cant wait till she is a little more comfortable w/ me dressed as I would LOVE to go out en femme with her and go shopping at LB.

JulieFL

KathrynW
12-21-2005, 02:01 PM
It's official policy last I heard. Also I heard that their own numbers show that about 20% of their business comes from "us".

Please post the link where you saw these statistics...

steph so 1999
12-21-2005, 03:31 PM
They have been extremely good to me . They are friendly,courteous and,helpful.I do a good amount of shopping there.I just got a sales flyer from LB in my own name.Heck,if they don't mind neither do I!

chattaboxx
12-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Hi Laurie,

Thank you for sharing this, i like the rest of the girls are very pleased for you that you had such a good time.

It is nice when you find a kind sales assistant

once again thank you for your story

Louise

VeronicaMoonlit
12-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Please post the link where you saw these statistics...

USENET I think, some CD (that I trusted on this sort of thing) had seen an article.

But the be nice to CD's is official policy, confirmed in an e-mail to me some years back.

Veronica

Kaitlyn Michele
12-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey laurie ann...i'm very very happy for you that you had such a good experience..i think its wonderful of that salelady to be so understanding..
great to hear those people are out there

i'm 6'2 and like heels as well(go figure-hehe) and i just went back and read my story from a couple months ago..even tho i know i didnt "pass", i'm just gonna assume the saleslady who "maam'd" me at first thought i was a woman and only realized up close her mistake..when she treated me with respect after that it made my whole night and gave me tons of confidence.

keep that feeling! its fun and its worth it.. !!!