PDA

View Full Version : How do you meet other cd's in your area

hosierylover
11-15-2012, 08:09 AM
I was wondering how do find cd groups in your area, is that such a thing in Australia?, is there any cd's on this forum from Australia?

Karren H
11-15-2012, 08:40 AM
I met my local friends through IM and FaceBook......

Marissa V
11-15-2012, 08:47 AM
no support groups or so around where i live unless you are gay (wich im not) ... seems like you have to be gay to be a crossdresser here.

Jana
11-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Look for LGBT support groups in your area. That may prove to be a fruitful start! Good luck :)

Gypsy Sam
11-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Karren,
What is IM ? Heard it referred as Information Management,Internet Marketing, but not really surehow you are defining it ?

Rhonda Ann
11-15-2012, 08:58 AM
That's a good question, I have checked around my area and I am in the same situation as Myrdin. A couple of gay/lesbian groups, nothing that I have found for the CD.

Rhonda Ann
11-15-2012, 09:02 AM
I am pretty sure IM is "Internet Messaging"

Stephanie Miller
11-15-2012, 09:28 AM
I just did a quick search on Meet-up.com (and not knowing where in Australia you are, I used Brisbane) pulled up two different clubs for CD's. You might give that site a shot. We have two here where I am and they both have diverse CD, TS and gay people in these groups.

Karren H
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM
I am pretty sure IM is "Internet Messaging"

Or Instant Messaging..... Yahoo IM was great for meeting people locally.... Facebook is good to because you can list your city and do searches for like minded folks....

Lynn Marie
11-15-2012, 02:50 PM
There could easily be a whole bunch of folks right here on this forum who live in your neighborhood. In order to make friends you'll need to be able to put your location in your profile first. A picture of you as an avatar will help. Also feel free to send messages to people who look like they are in your area. Say "Hi", be a friend. Don't be hurt when some folks ignore you. Undoubtedly it is just as well. This place is chock full of deeply closeted CDs who are simply petrified of going out the door. I've been there. Now I laugh at how silly that was! What the hell was I so afraid of?

I once met another CD at a club I frequent. This person just wouldn't give out any information about herself at all. Nothing! So that pretty much ended the conversation for the evening and any chance of making her a friend or at least an acquaintance. Never saw her again. I hang out with 30 or more T-girls in the PNW and it all started with a message from another CD who lives 40 minutes away. We met, hung out, and went out together for the evening. My life hasn't been the same since.

JennyLynn
11-15-2012, 03:43 PM
We have confidential website listngs here in the states but I'm reluctant to check them out due to obvious safety reasons. I would continue to post on this site and who knows, maybe you'll find somebody close to you.

tina 1103
11-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Or Instant Messaging..... Yahoo IM was great for meeting people locally.... Facebook is good to because you can list your city and do searches for like minded folks....

now that is a part of face book i need to learn how to use..
how do you search for cd's on there
thanks
tina

Karren H
11-15-2012, 04:23 PM
now that is a part of face book i need to learn how to use..
how do you search for cd's on there
thanks
tina

Personally they just seem to pop out of the woodwork to friend me! lol. after you friend a few crossdressers it starts suggesting new friends with mutual friends.... I don't actively try to find local girls because I already know plenty..... but if you have your current town listed correctly go to Friends.... Find Friends from..... I just did and half of them were crossdressers and the other half hockey fans!

Kate Simmons
11-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Do a net search to see if there are any TG groups near you, when they meet, etc.:)

docrobbysherry
11-15-2012, 10:54 PM
There r a number of regular posters here from Oz, HL. One is very active and out in Brissie. And, I understand there is a large number of girls around Sydney, of course. U don't say where u live. Since Oz is about the size of the US, u may be nowhere near them. However, I expect every urban area of Oz has dressers. If you're in a small town in the Outback, tho, u may be out of luck!

Melissa73
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM
i understand!!! ive been searching for other cd's since i came out a month ago. I posted under "meetings" that i was seeking other central ill girls for friends. BUt i have found lil takers. But it would be nice to make friends, whom i can share my experiences with, and offer support too. And someone who can trully undersatand me too

Michelle

hosierylover
11-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Thank you all, I'll edit my profile and if all goes well put my picture up, hopefully there are some girls in here from Melbourne to catch up with, I'm not that out yet, I've never been a girl out side

Traceyjo
11-16-2012, 05:24 AM
In answer to you last question, yes there a plenty of Aussie CDs here , me for instance. I live in a country town and there are no CD groups nearby but there are in the bigger cities. There is an Australian internet CD site called trannyradio where you can get lots of information re the local scene.

Vickie_CDTV
11-16-2012, 05:51 AM
There is a list of Aussie support groups here: http://www.ausgender.com/hm_resources.pl?sc=Support
Sadly, much like America, if you live outside of a large city, when it comes to trans support group you are probably out of luck :(

Even getting a handful of people together in a small city or a mostly rural area is very very difficult, believe me I have tried.

Sissy_in_pink
11-16-2012, 06:54 AM
I live in Sydney's south west, where are you from?

Sarah V
11-25-2012, 07:45 AM
All on the Internet now. I meet other like minded sisters through this site, and on Flicker (where I keep my pic's of Sarah), and on FetLife. I also belong to 3 Yahoo CD Groups, that helps too.