PDA

View Full Version : Who do you talk to?

minalost
11-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Do you have a supportive SO that helps with your make up and fashion choices?

Do you have a “girlfriend (in the non-sexual context),” GG or another CD, that helps paint your toe nails and goes shopping with you?

Do you belong to a support group that meets on a regular schedule?

Is it a professional councilor or therapist?

Or are you all alone (with the exception of this site…)? If so, do you wish you had someone to talk to, or are you happy being a solitary cross dresser?

Kaz
11-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah... on my own but with this site... :)

Sallee
11-15-2012, 12:18 PM
I am alone too. But I have done support groups and I do go out so I have met others and do talk with them occasionally. For the most part is is solo.

Beverley Sims
11-15-2012, 12:19 PM
My wife is supportive but not actively, I am mostly on my own with decisions these days.

Prissy Linda
11-15-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm lucky that I have a supportive wife that participates, she has always known I like dressing like a girl and have a feminine nature so it's nice having a wife and girlfriend who I can share my true self with. Although I don't post much on this forum I am here daily, It's wonderful knowing there are so many other girls like me out in the world.

Karren H
11-15-2012, 12:28 PM
I talk to myself! and we both agree that we don't need any support or help.... its the only hobby that truly mine and mine alone!

Angela Campbell
11-15-2012, 12:29 PM
I have a group I meet with on a monthly basis and other than that I am alone with this forum. Yeah I would like to have someone close to me to share this with, go shopping together and explore. One day I will find the right lady, until then I will be careful who I choose to let in on my lifelong secret.

Besides my invisible friend doesn't like most people.

Amanda_P
11-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Put me on the list of only this site. I have others that know but really no one to talk to about it. They all seem to have thier own problems to talk to me about.

Jana
11-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Lemme see:

1. Supportive SO? Nope. My wife knows but doesn't take part in any of it.
2. Shopping buddy? Nope. I shop on my own, enfemme and in drab.
3. Support group? Nope. Though I wish there were one around these parts.
4. Conselor? Tried that, didn't help much. The counselor didn't have much experience with LGBT and seemed a bit prejudiced.
5. All alone? Not really, I have found this site! :)

Barbara Ella
11-15-2012, 01:24 PM
My wife is supportive, but extremely non participatory. So I have this site. Unlike Karren, my discussions with myself, thus far, have been one sided, and I am not answering me.

Barbara

sonna
11-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Pretty much solo most of the time ive met new friends lately... It sucks there in different states

Kate Simmons
11-15-2012, 01:37 PM
I am definitely my own person in my own right. Even so, I have many local friends, both CD and non CD who know me very well, including many distant friends I have met through the Forum. My GF accepts me for who I am and loves me for who I am and with the exception of asking her opinion on my look sometimes, I pretty much have my own fashion sense and style. Years ago I felt alone but not any more. Always plenty of folks to talk with in any case.:battingeyelashes::)

~Joanne~
11-15-2012, 01:38 PM
I am lucky and have my SO, who has been very accepting and supportive thus far. She shops with me but I do everything myself. Not that she probably wouldn't if I asked her but because I need the practice and am trying not to dress to often in front of her.

JennyLynn
11-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm totally isolated except for this site. It's quite lonely at times but I've learned to deal with it. At least I have my home here.

2B Natasha
11-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Lets see where I fit in here.

Supportive SO? In a word. YES! . She has known about my duality since day on. I told her within the first 5 minutes. Actually she got really made at me the otherday. Why you ask. She got made do to the fact that I had blown off an opportunity to go out en femme and instead opted to go in drab. Then. I invited the in laws and my mother to go to a holiday choir concert by the Seattle men's chorus. I had mentioned to her last year that I wanted to go in a ball type gown and gets really done up. But with the parents coming that isn't going to happen. After these two incidents. She was convinced that there was an issue with her and I that I wasn't getting dressed up enough and going out. Took days to convince her it was fine. Nothing to do with her.

Does she go shopping with me? All the time. She loves to go shopping when I'm in the fitting room. So we shop all the time together. En femme. En drab. Makes no difference.

Do I see a counselor? What for? So I can pay someone to tell me I'm fine. I know I'm fine. There a waste of money.

Support group? Nope. Went to one. Whole lotta bitching and moaning. No thanks.

Am I alone with just this site? Nope. Got the wife. Came out to all my friends that I wanted to. We do girls nights out a couple times a year. Heck. Half the sales associated in the area know me by name. It's really liberating once you throw off the shackles you put on yourself.

Cheers.

Josie
11-15-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm a lone wolf or maybe a lone kitty cat. But I've always liked solitude.

BiancaEstrella
11-15-2012, 01:46 PM
I have a nice core group of friends I can unwind and be Dani with. Some are local, some are far away. All of them appreciate Dani! That's what matters most.

mikiSJ
11-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Alone. I like the tone of this group - friendly, supportive.
Alone. It is difficult to convey feelings, wants, desires, bitches, complements when the only mode of communication is your fingers on the keyboard
Alone. My wife knows and is tolerant, but not really accepting.
Alone. I want to join a group and there are many in NorCal, but wife doesn't understand need to be 'out'

Tracii G
11-15-2012, 01:50 PM
I do have an SO that is involved and likes it.
Support group? Yes and I have met some great friends thru it.
Most of my male friends that I am close too don't know about my other side and I don't plan to tell them.

cyndigurl45
11-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Believe it or not my SO was against it (at first), he was happy and OK with being gay but when he sees how happy I am being Cyndi he got behind me (literally also ;-) LOL)

Jane P
11-15-2012, 02:14 PM
I'd love to be able to talk to my wife, and still see that as a possibility someday but as it is I come to this site. I don't talk a lot in the first place ,so it is nice to come here to help sort things out (privately) sort of.

Melissa73
11-15-2012, 02:26 PM
i used to be alone!!! but i recently came out to my roommate and her kids......course that was a week after i found out a customer at work outed me at work! Now i can talk and dress at home. So, if anyone out there is alone, needs a friend...... feel free to talk to me!!!!
Michelle

vixk
11-15-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm all alone, I didn't even have 'these sites' before, either.

I'm only just opening up to even these sites, but even that's a bit slow. I'm doing okay though.

Kelley
11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I have a supportive wife. This forum is my suport group for now and I am looking for a good therapist. Not that anything needs to be fixed I just want to understand a little more about me.

Laura912
11-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Very accepting wife and this group. Talk a lot to myself especially when missing the nail with the hammer.

Jenna J
11-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Pretty much solo most of the time ive met new friends lately... It sucks there in different states

Agree, that it sucks you're so far away!

My wife knows and is fine with it, just not very helpful with makeup, but very helpful with other areas, like shopping for clothes.

FeliciaCDSNJ
11-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Aside from talking to myself, and yes I also answer myself lol, I talk to my therapist. Right now we are figuring out what treatment is best. Hopefully I'll Start HRT next year. I talk to my fiancee every now and then but not much. She supportive though.

heather1968
11-15-2012, 03:48 PM
I am alone. This site helps.

Gaz
11-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I try to talk to my wife, but often times get the impression that it's a topic she'd rather not address. In otherwords, I can ask her a question, she'll answer it, and then change the subject.

I am, I suppose, fortunate in that I've been dressing for 30 years and haven't felt any sort of gender identity "disorder" (hate that word), I'm just happy to be a big hairy idiot guy who enjoys wearing certain items of clothing that's marketed to women. Think my wife's issue is that despite seven years of being together (told her before we were married), she still buys into the horribly unfair social stereotype that crossdressing equals pervert, gay, or wanting a sex change.

(By the way, have a massive amount of respect for anyone who does have to deal with those issues. Not trying to paint them as being negative, just saying that it's unfair that society in general that's ignorant of the subject, often tends to paint us all with one "weirdo" brush)

Outside of her? Nobody but anonymous message boards. And at times, that leaves me feeling very, very, very lonely, which just increases the ridiculous shame that pops up from time to time (despite me knowing full well there's nothing to be ashamed of.)

Ah well. At least I'm not Mitt Romney!

Diversity
11-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I am all alone except for this site. My wife and I can talk, but I try not to do this too often, as I know she does not really accept me being a CD. I don't want to keep bringing this up to her, as I feel it may be hurtful deep down inside for her. Best work through my own issues. Thankfully there is this forum, which is excellent!
Di

Cary
11-15-2012, 04:19 PM
I tried talking with a proffessional, but it was costing too much. She wanted to see me once a week at $125 a visit.Told an ex-girlfriend and she treats me like I'm gay. I told a longtime friend and she was supportive at first, but later told me I was a sinner in need of a girlfriend. Told my doctor and he is ok with it, but last time I was in for a check up he teased me a little about it. I now think it's best in my case to keep my Cding to myself from now on. I like it better this way.

suzy1
11-15-2012, 04:24 PM
I sometimes think I am the happiest solitary cross dresser on this site. And that’s happy with a capital H!:)

But then I do have you lot to talk to :heehee:

Gaz
11-15-2012, 04:25 PM
I tried talking with a proffessional, but it was costing too much. She wanted to see me once a week at $125 a visit.Told an ex-girlfriend and she treats me like I'm gay. I told a longtime friend and she was supportive at first, but later told me I was a sinner in need of a girlfriend. Told my doctor and he is ok with it, but last time I was in for a check up he teased me a little about it.

Cary, I... I mean... I just...

WHAT THE #$%# IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??!?!

Sorry you had to go through that. Horribly unfair to slap completely undeserved labels on you.

suchacutie
11-15-2012, 04:29 PM
My wife talks to my male self. My wife talks to Tina.

That covers the ground :).

The fact is that I'm sure I would be progressing much more slowly without my wife's constant and wonderful input. Love her like crazy :)

JeanneF
11-15-2012, 04:29 PM
I have a very supportive wife and a handful (and growing) group of friends who know. I have been to local support groups in the past, but not in the past 5 years or so. I saw a therapist back in 2005-2006, but after about 18 months the decision was made by me that I wasn't going to seek transition so the expense of therapy wasn't really worth it, plus I was pretty much as well-adjusted mentally as any boy who likes to wear dresses can be. Of course I like the message boards because it allows me to rant and socialize pretty much whenever I want.

BillieJoEllen
11-15-2012, 05:17 PM
I talk to myself! and we both agree that we don't need any support or help.... its the only hobby that truly mine and mine alone!

I have to agree with you Karen. For strictly unbiased and extremely intelligent conversation I talk to myself a lot also.

But seriously, I would like to have someone to talk to. I've made contact with a few CDers on this site but due to some health problems I haven't been able to follow through in establishing any type of relationship with them. My wife does not want anything to do with the fact I CD and I have no friends that I could talk to about this.

Lynn Marie
11-15-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm quite happy to not have a SO. I do have a number of CD friends that I hang out with most every week, and a couple of CD friends who are very close friends. CDs are not very supportive by nature. On occasion I feel like I'm a one woman support group! I do like encouraging others, and being supportive fits right in with what I like to do most.

Sandy Michaels
11-15-2012, 05:29 PM
i recently made a friend and was able to talk openly to her. about my dressing and sexuality. it was great until her husband felt uncomfortable about it. so now i have no contact with her. luckily i still have my sister who is amazing. also have close friend i have been talking to. its good to have someone to talk to. relieves alot of the stress that comes with being a part of the lgbt community.

drushin703
11-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Sorry Minalost, I can't talk to anyone about this.

Cynthia Anne
11-15-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm with Karren on this one! Me myself and I do it alone! If we don't agree sometimes I and myself let ''me'' win!!

Eryn
11-15-2012, 08:28 PM
I have a wonderful supportive wife who helps me with choosing clothes. I also help choose her clothes. We each do our own makeup since she needs very little and I require quite a lot which demands different techniques.

Do you have a “girlfriend (in the non-sexual context),” GG or another CD, that helps paint your toe nails and goes shopping with you?
Yes I do, a dear CD friend. No toenail painting, but we shop quite a bit together. Also dining, concerts, theatre, exhibitions, fairs, faires, and anything else we can think of to do! Having a CDer friend is wonderful since we each have a pretty good idea of what is going on inside the other's head. For example when I see a cute pair of shoes walking by I can comment on them without being afraid of being taken the wrong way.

Yes, a very nice group of CDing couples that meets monthly.

Nope. I'm happy with myself as I am.

Lady Catherine
11-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I've been picking out my SO's clothes since we met 9 years ago. She does suggest things when we shop together. Useless with make-up tips though.

AnitaH
11-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Have a wonderful supportive wife who helps with clothing and jewellery choices. She occasionally buys things for Anita. Accepting Anita took a bit of effort from her but she's a wonderful woman. Have a two support groups that meet monthly that I attend as often as possible. I am also seeing a counsellor as I try to determine when/if transition is appropriate for Anita. But other than the support group meetings Anita goes out alone. The wife is OK with Anita at home and OK if Anita goes out but she will not go out with Anita for fear that someone will recognize and I haven't gotten together with other girls in the area yet. Guess I will have to work on that next.

I'm fortunate that I'm not as alone as many others here but I must confess I do like my alone time sometimes.

AnitaH

BLUE ORCHID
11-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Mi Mina, My wife is a DADT , So I'm all alone just me and a few thousand friends on this wonderful forum.

S. Lisa Smith
11-15-2012, 09:32 PM
My wife knows, but doesn't want to actively participate. That being said she has purchased thing that I have asked her to get me.
Yes, I have a few GG friends who are very helpful.
This forum.
Nope.

I Am Paula
11-15-2012, 09:41 PM
My wife and I are joined at the hip. She does up my dress zippers, and I paint her toenails.-Celeste

kimdl93
11-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Mostly my wife, my favorite make up consultant, hair dresser, and last but not least, as Kaz said, the fine people on this site.

Vanessa Amber420
11-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Nobody knows. Only this site knows about my feminine side. I hope to one day meet with other cders in my city.

Jeannie
11-15-2012, 11:12 PM
I can only talk to my wife about my dressing. She is all I have for face to face discussions that even comes close to understanding me. I also have all of you wonderful people that I can talk which helps so very much. Thank you all. Hugs from Jeannie.

AmyGaleRT
11-16-2012, 03:10 AM
I have a supportive fiancee, but she's already said she won't paint my toenails for me. :) She does, however, look at my fashion and makeup choices and point out what does and doesn't work.

I've talked about finding a local support group, like maybe the Tau Sigma Kappa Tri-Ess chapter, but she'd rather I spend time with her. So I've put off that decision until after the first of the year, and maybe until March or so, when it'll start getting warmer and more conducive to going out.

- Amy

Melody Phillips
11-16-2012, 03:17 AM
I have a very understanding wife that loves to shop with me and help with clothing sizes. She has never been into makeup, so I am figuring it out for myself( and educating her, also). I had a support group I used to attend ( I posted about it) but now it's this site for my talking and venting about all things fem to me.

bridget thronton
11-16-2012, 11:12 AM
I have a supportive wife and shopping buddy. No group or counselor (other than this forum) - i am considering going to a counselor

becky77
11-16-2012, 11:17 AM
My wife though she would rather I didn't. A therapist for a few sessions and this forum. I do wonder about a support group.

Marleena
11-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Obviously I do most of my talking on here.:D

My wife is supportive but I don't want to drive her nuts either. I have a good online GG friend that supports and encourages me too. My TS support group is too far away to see anybody in person so it's online contacts too. I live in a transphobic city where no MTF will dare venture out. I wish I lived in a more progressive place like California.

minalost
11-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks to everyone who has responded! I guess I should answer my own question:

My wife knows and tries to be supportive, but she doesn't like it, and frankly, she can't even look at me when I'm dressed up. The last time I asked her what she thought of an outfit I was wearing, she said, "I don't care." I'm sure she ment she didn't care that I was dressed up, but it really came across as she didn't care what I was wearing because I was just a man in a skirt. Sigh... she and I still need to work on opening up our lines of communication on this issue.

No GG or CD freind - my wife would be horrified if I went out in public, and she would NOT understand me spending time with anyone else while enfemme - trust issues (long story, and all my fault).

Support group? Hello! - North Dakota! The closest I've found is in the Twin Cities, and that's 6 hours away. Just too far. (If anyone knows better, PLEASE let me know!)

Therapy? Sorry, but I don't think anything is wrong with me; and I have a total abhorrence of sharing my private life with a stranger - no matter how well educated or how much I'm paying him/her.

MeganHenry
11-16-2012, 07:38 PM
My wife is mostly supportive of my under dressing...doesnt understand why I would want to wear things that women normally don't want to wear or find uncomfortable. She's ok with what's not right in her face so to speak.

No GG friends that know or could be Megan with or at least that's what I think.
I recently met two great girls here in Utah from this site. Great people...
Looking forward to learning more about local support group and participating.
Last time I was meeting with a counselor she mentioned "you have a unique way of looking at things and have a better understanding and acceptance of yourself than most people do" the counseling was very helpful to bridge the communication gap between my wife and I. Problem is its been several years and now it's difficult again to have those conversations with the wife. Tried this past weekend and I put the words and feelings out there and it turned into a dead conversation. Anyway...

I need more people to be able to interact and talk with. Who can ever have enough friends!?

AndreaT
11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
All alone and only just join here.
Never spoken to anyone about it and I am not aware that anyone knows.

Kathleen Ann Trees
11-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Told my wife after we were married for 14 or so years. That loss of trust has been a hurdle ever since. She stayed with me, knows I occasionally dress, bought me a few things years ago, but now we are in a don't talk about it mode.

No friends, family, or coworkers have "admitted" they know. I haven't told anyone. (I gotta believe someone, somewhere suspects or saw me in a store, although I tend to shop pretty far from home.)

I have no other confidant. I've met a number of very kind sales associates over the years with real knack for customer service.

I've been to 4 different therapists over the years. Mostly for a less than 10 visits. They conclude I'm a nice gentle guy with a calling to cross dress. (shocking, I know) I have no SRS desires (gender identity concerns: their term), and should stop beating myself up over it. (I am trying) I've finally opened up more to my current counselor and she's been a good sounding board. Although I know I'm paying for her to be, it has been nice to actually relate directly to a person for the first time in my 53 years! We are talking about building a support group in the NW Chicago suburbs. There should be enough CD's around if we can find the right logistics.

Marlana
11-16-2012, 08:44 PM
I talk to a therapist, but he's not much help in my opinion. More of a how was your week? How does that make you feel? How are you going to deal with that? Have a good week. Wish I could talk to my wife, but no!

Silmaril
11-17-2012, 01:05 AM
When I'm me--which I think of ask being en femme--I am always, always alone. I have a brother and a sister who know, and I talk with them about how this demon taunts me, and I'm working with a counselor who knows my story and is helping me take great steps forward in processing this load. But when I am me, I am always alone.

Marleena
11-17-2012, 09:11 AM
The biggest help to me is a postop woman from this site that I am in contact with every day. She supports me, helps me and gives me a cyberslap when I need it. I've had some bad days and she always makes me smile.:) She's the perfect online friend.

PretzelGirl
11-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I will talk with anyone who will listen! Okay, not quite that bad. My wife is extremely accepting. My two daughters are too and just last night I went to the movies with my oldest daughter, then she went to babysit the kids while my son-in-law came and we watched another show. I have many friends around the area, a couple of them mean a lot to me, and am fully involved in a Tri-Ess group and randomly show up at a couple of other groups. One of my best friends taught me make-up and I visit her in either presentation.

I believe there are times you just have to have a therapist. I believe there are other times you just need to be able to bend someone's ear. I am blessed with the people I have in my life and so far haven't needed therapy. My friend's ears may be getting a little out of shape at this point though. :D

Launa
11-17-2012, 10:41 AM
I have a very supportive SO but she is not all that Gung Ho about going into public places with me so I'm solo on that.

I have a support group that I try to visit once a month

I'm trying to make friends from my support group etc so maybe one day I can go out dressed with someone during the day but making friends outside the group can be hard. Its also very awkward to explain to my wife that I would like to have 1 or 2 CD friends just like my other guy friends and do things with them from time to time during the day or whatever.

And theres this site!

SissySandi
11-17-2012, 06:27 PM
I have a GF who is married and she helps me sometimes but her husband doesn't like her associating with me. I feel quite lonely and would like to find a support group around Phoenix if anyone knows of one.

Michaela42
11-17-2012, 10:12 PM
My Mother knows about my feminine side, but I do not feel comfortable talking to her about it. In honesty, I do not feel 'comfortable' talking about my feminine side at all. I have thought about joining support groups, but I do not know how I will react. I guess I have spent so much time in denial/self-loathing that I am not sure how to take people any more. If anyone ahs any advice on how to get over myself and all that, I would greatly appreciate it.

SissySandi
11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Makaila,
Reading your words I have to say I feel better just knowing I'm not alone. I encourage you to read the postings and chat with others on this site. I am happy to chat if you would like. I am feeling so much more comfortable about embracing my feminine side and learning from others on this site I just want to cry. I hope this helps you too!

My Mother knows about my feminine side, but I do not feel comfortable talking to her about it. In honesty, I do not feel 'comfortable' talking about my feminine side at all. I have thought about joining support groups, but I do not know how I will react. I guess I have spent so much time in denial/self-loathing that I am not sure how to take people any more. If anyone ahs any advice on how to get over myself and all that, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ceri Anne
11-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I have a Cd friend I get together with occasionally and a small handful of people I met at a local bar that I hang with and visit with.

SandraV
11-19-2012, 04:06 PM
In my case:

1. Supportive SO? Nope. Just very recently told my wife after years of denial then hiding. Needless to say she's not thrilled about the idea. I know, my fault for not talking about this earlier in life.
2. Shopping buddy? Nope. I shop on my own in drab.
3. Support group? Have not looked for one
4. Counselor? Have looked for one but never visited. Not sure what he/she would say that I don't already know.
5. All alone? Aside from this site, yes I am.

Randi1674
11-19-2012, 04:53 PM
I have a shopping buddy,,, she has been a god send and a great help, unfortunately no SO at this time, but than again with nursing school I have no life anyway.

Michelle (Oz)
11-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Also alone but that is an emotive word that suggests unhappy. Not so, happy to experience life on the outside by myself. Interaction comes from those I meet on my outings.

This site is important to me but more about learning, supporting and sharing experiences than about friendships.

JohnnieCD
11-19-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm alone and SOOO glad I found this site. Hoping one day I could have a friend in the same situation that can totally relate without fears of judgement.

Tricia Lee
11-19-2012, 06:30 PM

No. DADT here.

The best thing I ever did in CD'ing was to get the courage to visit a makeup shop for help. The owner is super-supportive and has become a good friend. She has helped me in so many ways, and was the first person I was ever able to "be myself" around.

I also became friends with a married couple who are both members here. They have been great to hang around with, go out to dinner or lunch, etc. Can't say how much of a difference it makes to meet in person with friends who know about my CD'ing

I've been to one several times. It's nice to visit, but I'm more interested in being out in public doing everyday things.

Tina B.
11-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Do you have a supportive SO that helps with your make up and fashion choices? No

Do you have a “girlfriend (in the non-sexual context),” GG or another CD, that helps paint your toe nails and goes shopping with you? No

Do you belong to a support group that meets on a regular schedule? No

Is it a professional councilor or therapist?No

Or are you all alone (with the exception of this site…)? If so, do you wish you had someone to talk to, or are you happy being a solitary cross dresser?There you got me, I'm married, and we talk, but I do all my own thing, I've always figured I'm the one that is a CD, not her, she never asked me to help with her makeup, and I don't ask for help with mine, I have as much if not more practice at it as she does. As for clothes, are styles are compleatly different.

Phoebe
11-20-2012, 02:36 PM
When I'm me--which I think of ask being en femme--I am always, always alone. I have a brother and a sister who know, and I talk with them about how this demon taunts me, and I'm working with a counselor who knows my story and is helping me take great steps forward in processing this load. But when I am me, I am always alone.
Invite you to City of Lakes Crossgender Community http://www.clccmn.org/ meetings Silmaril, see the upcoming events page. Everyone is unique and should be judged by who they are, not how they look or how they present themselves. The group is informal and after meetings quite a few stay and socialize with each other.

Janet

Jasminexoxo
11-20-2012, 03:14 PM
my wife knows and definitely has the tatse in clothes, makeup, jewelry lol. Came out to my daughters....joke was on me they both cane out right back at me both are gay and love shopping with me.

Nikki_C
11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
All alone here! But I am actually ok with it. It would be nice if I have my wife on my side, but I don't need it. Survived for 30+ years already. What is another 30?

AllisontheGoddess
11-20-2012, 04:55 PM
I'extremely lonely, =[ My SO doesn't really approve and hates the idea of CD. I don't really have any friends who know, the only person I have on here I'm slowly beginning to view as a motherly figure. Even though she's going through some challenges of her own, she still looks out for me too when she can.Though I really do wish I had more close friends on here I would love to talk to some more people and be close friends.

JennyLynn
11-20-2012, 05:01 PM
I also talk to no one other than one friend here. I am the type that has a close circle of friends. There is no person I know personally that knows my cd tendencies. I prefer it that way. It's my personal thing.

NyssaF
11-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Wow, I didn't realize how lucky I am until reading this topic. While my wife tries to be supportive, her comfort level isn't there. However, I have three absolutely wonderful GG ffriends who accept everything about me without blinking. They give me fashion advice, help me figure out what color makeup to use, actually ask for pictures when I say I got a new outfit. Two of them have spent large amounts of time with me while I am dressed. The other lives too far away to get together with, but she wants to come down here some day so we can go out for coffee together while I'm dressed.

I've always known that I am lucky to have such wonderful friends. I appreciate them even more now.

Marlana
11-23-2012, 12:34 PM
I also am alone. My wife knows but wants no part of it. I would like to find a friend that would help me with makeup and fashion ideas( in the form of shopping) though. So yeah, me and this site.

Cassandra Lynn
11-23-2012, 03:49 PM
I met the most wonderful GG back in late sept, and came out to her early this month.
She has been absolutely terrific in accepting me, and the future looks very bright.

I'm not sure what makes one 100% accepting, as there seem to be many interpretations, and since this relationship is still pretty new to us (tho we are very much in love and committed), the full extent of the rules and boundaries are still being established.

She did help me with make-up and seen me fully dressed for the first time 2 days ago, we had a bit of a photoshoot.

We enjoy very much shopping online and looking at the things we'd like to have, it's alot of fun. Financial difficulties (damned recession and all) make it a struggle to have the kind of fun we'd both like to have but yeah.......it is what it is.

And i do mean both of us, i'd be just as thrilled to see her able to afford the nice things too, this isn't about me after all, but the two of us.

sami1952
11-23-2012, 04:47 PM
i chat with my younger sister being she understands more of where i'mcoming from.

ArleneRaquel
11-23-2012, 09:56 PM
When I talk to myself I always seem to get very intelligent responses.

Stephanie47
11-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Wall-e and I are all alone on this planet!

Ashley Jade
11-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Unfortunately I'm alone at the moment, but I actually just posted an ad on Craigslist in the Strictly Platonic section looking for an understanding GG to be girlfriends with.

AllisontheGoddess
11-24-2012, 02:29 AM
My SO and I have been trying to work things out but I mainly talk to a friend on here

Jay Cee
11-24-2012, 07:03 AM
I've talked to counsellors and a psychologist. The support I have had in this forum has been very helpful. And most importantly, I have discussed this with my very accepting and wise wife. She has helped me accept who I am, and who I may come to be, the most.

pyleris23
11-24-2012, 07:29 AM
i don't have anyone as no one knows my secret :) but i'd like to talk to a professional, like a therapist or someone. I probably will soon. when i'll have the money :)

jacques
11-24-2012, 10:35 AM
hello,
I talk to you! Well correspond with this forum!
my wife tolerates my hobby, but does not want to talk about it.
luv. J

Carlene
11-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I really have no one to talk with. Sometimes it is difficult but, crossdressing isn't an easy topic of discussion for many people........sigh...:daydreaming:

weekend woman
11-24-2012, 12:54 PM
I have no SO however I have several GG friends who know about Joan, and are totally OK with her. Other than that it's just the three of us; me, myself and I.

Slip Affinity
11-24-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm very fortunate to having an understanding wife. When shopping Goodwill, which is our favorite pastime, she will pick something and say ... this will fit you. I couldn't ask for more.

BOBBI G.
11-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Without this site I would be alone. My feminine traits and desires, among many other things, were the cause of my marital demise. I have not tried to make any close friends since the divorce and the ones prior were through her, and they no longer speak to me. But with this site, and the many invisible friends here, I can be myself and sometimes explain how I feel and give my opinions.

Bobbi

ChelseaErtel
11-25-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm pretty much the same a Miki. Wife knows, but does not participate and since i just told her a few weeks ago I don't want to push going out too much. She has been supportive of my going to a few social and support groups, but I don't want her to think she has to compete.

I've only been to one support group and didn't think it fit me very well. Perhaps later.

I go to a psychologist about once a month now, just to talk about things since I don't have anyone close I can talk about my TS issues.

So, I'm not near alone as I use to be. I've found some other girls close by, one kind of close to my mother when I visit her so it is getting better.

I much prefer to be dressed and doing my daily things - shopping, errands, lawn, gardening, house work, fixing things.....but I'm TS, so occasional dressing just doesn't cut it anymore.

Raychel
11-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I am pretty much alone in the talking area, I have my friends here online, but other then that, really no one.
My wife knows about my dressing and is totally accepting, Not afraid to check in with me and have a chat while I am dressed.

but as far as talking about my dressing or offering any guidance, She really would rather not talk about it.

So basically just me.

GG7irish
11-25-2012, 09:32 PM
I met the most wonderful GG back in late sept, and came out to her early this month.
She has been absolutely terrific in accepting me, and the future looks very bright.

I'm not sure what makes one 100% accepting, as there seem to be many interpretations, and since this relationship is still pretty new to us (tho we are very much in love and committed), the full extent of the rules and boundaries are still being established.

She did help me with make-up and seen me fully dressed for the first time 2 days ago, we had a bit of a photoshoot.

We enjoy very much shopping online and looking at the things we'd like to have, it's alot of fun. Financial difficulties (damned recession and all) make it a struggle to have the kind of fun we'd both like to have but yeah.......it is what it is.

And i do mean both of us, i'd be just as thrilled to see her able to afford the nice things too, this isn't about me after all, but the two of us.

Aww honey :)....You need to post some of your photos, Cassandra is beautiful.

heatherdress
11-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Supportive wife who actively participates, advises, helps, enjoys. Also have joined some local CD groups.

I am still not sure who I talk to. If I say anything, nobody listens.