PDA

View Full Version : The Visual Impact

BrendaChristine
11-29-2005, 12:54 AM
I was pondering while sitting in traffic today. Whether we all like it or not we were al born men. Men tend to be more visually stimulated while women tend to be more emotionally aroused. Many of our main motivations for crossdressing is we love the look of female clothers, makeup, hair,etc as well as the emotional well being it gives us. Do FTM's think the opposite. Do they dress to satisfy a primarily emotional need, with the clothing secondary? Am I even making sense?:rolleyes:
B.

Helana
11-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Brenda

I agree with everything you said but I think the purely aesthetic appeal of the clothes is of lesser importance than the emotional/sexual connections we feel. All clothes we wear are statements about aspects of our personality that we want to display to others. Certainly the drabness of male clothes would be less appealing to FTM but then maybe their very drabness is exactly what appeals to FTM as it denotes masculinity:)

Billijo49504
11-29-2005, 01:56 AM
It makes sense, what you say, but I can't answer. Maybe they fanticize about being a redneck. So they can belch, fart and dip Cope. Ok, it's late and I'm tired. It's been a long day.:eek:

DawnRodgers
11-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Well, there is a certain advantage in beibg born male and being male. Whether it is acceptance, being in the network, having a certain feeling and presence that it seems difficult for a woman to somehow obtain. What we perceive as our natural due, a woman is perceived as pushy, unfemionine, overachieving and a bitch.
In any event, I would have been happier to have been born a woiman. That, of course, is said without ever having to have been born a woman and having to undergo all that a woman has to undergo. In looking, as best I can, at the options I still choose womanhood. The sexiness, the ability to change men's minds, the body, the clothes, ther challenges, the closeness with others, the freedom of emotions. I will take it all in a second.
Dawn

JennyCD
11-29-2005, 02:10 AM
You're making perfect sense, but I couldn't even begin to guess at an answer. The only thing that comes to my mind is "the grass is always greener..."

BrendaChristine
11-29-2005, 02:45 AM
Just trying to put my psychology credits(and parent's money) to use.. Thanks for the thoughts, girls.

Kera_dove
11-29-2005, 03:05 AM
Well since a little male is in every female (Trying to claw its way out ;) ) and a little female in every male. One could say that the Male is useing the visual cues of the female cloathing to trigger the emotional response they feel aren't "availabe" for the male deamenure?

Make any sense?

Faye Emmette
11-29-2005, 07:59 AM
BC, I stared at the screen for ten minutes trying to formulate an answer.
I am not too sure FTM dressers have the same basic psyche as we girls do. We want to feel the joy, and virtually 'show off our wares' by prettyfying ourselves. I feel the FTM's are perhaps rejecting the womanness and drab is the alternative.
Of course it's different for everyone but I do not so much reject my male side, as embrace the warm sweet female within me.
11:50PM. Goodnight girls...

CaptLex
11-29-2005, 12:01 PM
I was pondering while sitting in traffic today. Whether we all like it or not we were al born men. Men tend to be more visually stimulated while women tend to be more emotionally aroused. Many of our main motivations for crossdressing is we love the look of female clothers, makeup, hair,etc as well as the emotional well being it gives us. Do FTM's think the opposite. Do they dress to satisfy a primarily emotional need, with the clothing secondary? Am I even making sense?:rolleyes:
B.

Brenda, if you want to know what an FTM thinks, why not post your question on the FTM forum? I'm sure you'll get lots of honest and willing answers there.

I can't answer for the others, but for me I dress to express the male side of my personality, which is not obvious to anyone since it's well concealed in a female body. The female side is already on display, so I have to give the other side an outlet for expression. :jumping:

But I'm also very visual and even when I dress "in drab", I don't consider it drab at all since I use lots of color. Just recently one woman even proclaimed that my new Jerry Garcia tie must be a woman's tie since no man would wear such a colorful thing. ;)

By the way, Dawn, I may take you up on that. If you really want to switch, I'd be happy to switch with you if it were possible. Trust me, ladies, the grass is far from green on this side. :rolleyes:

BrendaChristine
11-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey I got one of those Jerry Garcia Ties as well. Great!:)
B.

CaptLex
11-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey I got one of those Jerry Garcia Ties as well. Great!:)
B.

You have good taste, hon! :D

BrendaChristine
11-29-2005, 04:53 PM
You have good taste, hon! :D
After I got it I had to find out who Jerry Garcia WAS.........:p

BrendaChristine
11-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Brenda, if you want to know what an FTM thinks, why not post your question on the FTM forum? I'm sure you'll get lots of honest and willing answers there.

And I've done just that! If you care to follow along it is in the FTM forum, titled "Just Visiting". I don't think anyone caught me in there.....:cool:

CaptLex
11-29-2005, 08:25 PM
And I've done just that! If you care to follow along it is in the FTM forum, titled "Just Visiting". I don't think anyone caught me in there.....:cool:

Brenda,

I think your visit was too brief - looks like you left out your question. Don't worry, we don't bite. In fact, it's nice to get visitors from the other side of the fence since we don't have enough activity over there on most days. Please drop by again soon.