PDA

View Full Version : Dumb email mistakes

lingerieLiz
11-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Tonight, I was emailing someone I am doing business with about a problem, thiers.

Anyway, I went to copy a part number and hit the Ctl C to copy it and then hit Ctl V to paste it. Well for one reason or another it pasted my post about buying panties into the email I was about to send instead of the part number.

I only realized it when I went to her corporate site and searched for the part and its availability. My paste was my panties post. After I had the panic attack I realized I had not yet sent the email. Now that I'm wide awake, I keep checking to make sure I didn't send it.

My guess there are others out there with dumb email mistakes.

Beverley Sims
11-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Whilst I am undertaking nefarious activities like dressing up or robbing a bank :) I do not mix my supposedly illegitimate activities with those that I purport to be legitimate. In other words no multi tasking whilst on this board.
I have learned to use SAFE email practices over time as a lot of my clients tell me of their woes.
Sending interactive love letters to their wives instead of their recreational girlfriend...... :)

Rogina B
11-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Maybe that is how the "good General"s scandal got going!!! One mistress sent the wrong threat to the other! Pictures in folders that aren't organized seem to be another way to mix up business and pleasure!Good thing it didn't happen.

Kaz
11-17-2012, 08:06 AM
I guess we have all been there and have loads of tee-shirts! Simple rule... save to draft.. read it again before sending... NEVER just press end! The other trick is to use different logons, or even different computers! I am my own worst enemy as I never take my own advice... but if I did... Kaz is not me - she deserves her own dedicated kit - maybe Christmas could be her own laptop and broadband account!

HannahF6
11-17-2012, 09:28 AM
The email mistake that has almost caught me out has been typing "Hannah" at the end of an email when writing a work-related email. I type both my male and female names so often I know some day I will get it wrong.

I do know that I have typed my male name by mistake when writing to someone who thought I was a woman pure and simple and Hannah was definitely outed as a male crossdresser.

I am more careful now. I do wonder if I've ever typed my male name on a post on this web site?

Hannah

stephNE
11-17-2012, 10:09 AM
How about using a public restroom? I haven't made the mistake yet, but every now anf them when I'm at the mall, I have to stop and look down to see how I'm dressed to be sure I'm going in the right one.

NyssaF
11-23-2012, 12:30 AM
I used to get mixed up about which email address I was sending an email from. One day while talking to my mom on the phone, she asked if my main email address was gonna be Nyssa. Scared the hell out of me (she doesn't know).

Stephanie47
11-23-2012, 04:02 AM
The worst I've ever seen, when still employed, was a clerk who sent an email to everyone in the entire address book: 108,000 people. Fortunately, although it was personal, it was not objectionable.