PDA

View Full Version : Lady & the Tramp

Silmaril
11-17-2012, 01:16 AM
I recently read something that suggested that most CDs start out dressing more along the lines of bimbo/tramp but gradually move toward dressing as a woman of their age group typically would. The implication was sort of one of evolving as a CD. I found it interesting in that the outfits that I initially owned were more provocative, but having accumulated a decent "base" of those kinds of outfits (which I still have and can't imagine ever getting rid of), I find myself drawn more toward the kinds of things that women wear on a daily basis. The statement matched up with my experience.

I'm just curious: Have you found that this has matched your experience as well? Newbies, do you find yourself more drawn to the sultry? Veterans, did you go through early phases where it was more about being trampy? And with a few years under your garter, do/did you find yourself being drawn more toward fashions that "blend" a bit more? Does the trashy look still give you a thrill, or does it become more about trying to blend?

Lorileah
11-17-2012, 01:32 AM
I didn't do tramp, I don't do frumpy old lady. I dress sophisticated and classy, always have

Wildaboutheels
11-17-2012, 01:54 AM
For anyone who actually reads the RESPONSES to threads, the answer is obvious. MOST here admit to/confess to starting as a "fetish type" CDer and gradually evolved/became a classier/more conservative dresser. Often people mention that their sex drive has "waned" over time. The implications are clear and make perfect sense. It also answers the question of how and/or why at least SOME if not most here, evolve.

It's a common belief here by most [and often stated as Gospel here] that "all CDers have evolved or will evolve over time and always want more" or something to that effect.

Complete and utter HOGWASH.

Of course, I can only speak for myself.

Silmaril
11-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the reply, Wildaboutheels. I *do* read the responses here, but didn't feel the answer was quite as obvious as you believe; maybe I overlooked something. Plus I always like to see questions asked anyway; it invites people to contribute. And I am 100% open to what you are implying: that the notion of "evolution" being a certainty doesn't quite seem fair. That's actually part of why I'm asking... :-) Thanks again for the reply though!

Eryn
11-17-2012, 02:09 AM
While I do have a few "fun" items like leopard print underwear I don't think that I really went through a "tramp" phase. I've always wanted to look stylish but mainstream. I'm a "late onset" CDer and that might make a difference.

Cheryl T
11-17-2012, 06:33 AM
That matches my experience to a T....(no pun).

I think that's because the first images that entice us as males are those that are sexy and erotic and we tend to emulate that when we first dress.
As we mature we realize it's not simply about the clothing and many of us wish to express this femininity and realize that we can't do it without ridicule unless we dress as others do...the 'herd mentality' to a degree. Of course some of it is that we age and realize we look silly dressing like a hooker all the time and we inherently want to look 'normal'.

STACY B
11-17-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks alot !! Now you people tell me after I have been going out in those outlandish outfits ! You all don't dress like a Stripper ? What am I supposed to do with all those Glitter dresses an Clear Platforms now ? Oh well got away with it before ,,Maybe I could just ad some dark color tights an no one ill notice ? I got it ,,,I got it ,, Sunglasses ,,,, See ya in the funny papers !!

Jana
11-17-2012, 07:02 AM
I didn't do tramp, I don't do frumpy old lady. I dress sophisticated and classy, always have

Ditto! I totally second that. I've never done provocative, it's just not my thing. I dress to pass with age and venue appropriate outfits. It has worked well for me.

Kate Simmons
11-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Sometimes women dress provocatively until they find their "man", then they tend to dress in a more conservative fashion. Many equate dressing like a woman with looking sexy and provocative. Once they find their "man" or niche, they tone it down somewhat.:battingeyelashes::)

Rogina B
11-17-2012, 07:23 AM
Same for myself as well. And it goes a long way toward the general public taking us seriously.And for us,knowing that we look good with what we are wearing,brings supreme confidence as well that others will see you in a positive way.

suzy1
11-17-2012, 07:34 AM
It's a common belief here by most [and often stated as Gospel here] that "all CDers have evolved or will evolve over time and always want more" or something to that effect.

Complete and utter HOGWASH.

Of course, I can only speak for myself.

No it’s not hogwash. But if you try telling some members your head will start hurting from banging it against the wall a lot.:heehee:

Slimaril. We are all deferent. But if you are happy the way you dress then that’s what matters. I will admit that Party dresses send me to heaven. But it’s never been a fetish for me. It’s just who I am.

kimdl93
11-17-2012, 09:26 AM

Guess I'd like to come across as sophisticated and classy, but I'm not quite in that league. I tend to a tad more casual...along the lines of Coldwater Creek.

Lady Catherine
11-17-2012, 09:38 AM
I've always found a more conservatively dressed woman to be more attractive then a woman who is dressed more "trampy". Even when I wear a leather skirt, it's with a conservative top. After all, I do go by LADY Cattherine.

Marcia Blue
11-17-2012, 09:42 AM
While I may have had a period that I would have dressed as the tramp. I did not have the resources at the time. Now I dress about ten years younger than my 50ish age. I like to look nice, but also blend in most of the time.

xdressed
11-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't say I was ever trampy but I think I definitely fall into this general observation, the skirts were definitely shorter when I started

Sheren Kelly
11-17-2012, 10:55 AM
This is part of the never ending quest to boil us down to one stereotype.
We are all different, starting from different places with different destinations (or stasis) in the gender world.

For me: other than 1 Halloween (High Heel Race in DC), I have always dressed in the contemporary style of the women in my peer group. I have no desire to express myself as trampy/fetish.

Sheila11
11-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Never did fetish but cannot turn down an outfit that is way to young or sexy. Never go out in the sexy, to short, to young, to frilly, to high heel, girly stuff, but love to wear it. Always try to stay contemporary when going out.

Beverley Sims
11-17-2012, 11:13 AM
I evolved from little girl through to sophisticated woman.
Dressing age appropriate most of the time.
I do prefer younger fashions as my figure does allow it.
I am size 14 with a B to C cup bust. Nothing larger, it looks gross on me.

Silmaril
11-17-2012, 01:15 PM
This is part of the never ending quest to boil us down to one stereotype.
We are all different, starting from different places with different destinations (or stasis) in the gender world.

That makes perfect sense to me, Kelly (and those who have expressed similar thoughts). I too am inclined to resist statements that imply a one-size-fits-all formula can be applied to a given group, we CDs included.

But since this "formula" somewhat fit *my* story, I couldn't dispute it, so I thought I'd toss it out there to see who it resonated with. Not to imply we all have the exact same starting point, but just wondering--"formula" aside--how many of the gals here saw in their own experience any similarity to the general *pattern* that was suggested.

I can see that the words I chose in the OP kind of ended up implying some extremes, as if we all start at "stripper" and end up at "librarian." Stereotypical librarian, that is; no offense intended to any stylish librarians out there, of which I'm sure there are many. Stereotypical stripper too, I suppose; no offense intended to those strippers who work hard to convey something more cerebral in their costumes, of which I am sure there are at least a few...

I didn't mean to suggest we all start and/or end in the same place; I was mostly looking to see how many of us saw a similar *progression* in our dressing habits, i.e., starting by leaning more toward the "steamy" side then putting that aside over time. As someone noted, I suppose the topic may apply more to CDs than TSs, but I'm interested in all input!

Of course, I suppose one woman's "frump" is another woman's "tramp," so the topic is already completely relative.

Thanks for the reply!

carhill2mn
11-17-2012, 01:40 PM
I am one of those who never did the "trashy look". My goal was always to appear to be as close to how real females looked as I could.

ArleneRaquel
11-17-2012, 01:43 PM
When I first went out of ythe house dressed en femme, circa, 1968, I was usually dressed on the scanity side, at 64 I dress younger than my actual age, but not trampy.

Lynn Marie
11-17-2012, 01:51 PM
I started with the shortest and tightest mini skirts I could find and alter! After a few years of that, I took some videos of myself walking around in skirts of various lengths and tightness. I looked way better in more modest lengths with just a hint of sassyness. From that revelation forward it's been a steady improvement in dress and makeup and hair and lingerie and heels. Happily I still have a ways to go and look forward to every exciting minute of it.

I love to learn and grow and get better at anything and everything I do. Stagnant water starts to stink after a while. Good looks is an acquired skill. Hopefully I'm acquiring a little.

AllyCDTV
11-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Stereotypical stripper too, I suppose; no offense intended to those strippers who work hard to convey something more cerebral in their costumes, of which I am sure there are at least a few...

I didn't mean to suggest we all start and/or end in the same place; I was mostly looking to see how many of us saw a similar *progression* in our dressing habits, i.e., starting by leaning more toward the "steamy" side then putting that aside over time. As someone noted, I suppose the topic may apply more to CDs than TSs, but I'm interested in all input!

Of course, I suppose one woman's "frump" is another woman's "tramp," so the topic is already completely relative.

Thanks for the reply!

Glad you clarified that because the use of words like, tramp, trash and bimbo to describe the way I prefer to dress are insulting. I consider my chosen style to be better described by words like sexy, hot or erotic. I work damn hard to keep my self in good shape to be able to wear those types of clothes and I only wear them in private. I rarely go out in public and when I do, I certainly dress more mainstream.

I intend to keep dressing mainly in sexy styles until I feel that I no longer look good in them. That is not to say that I haven't branched out on occasion into more conventional clothes. It is nice to have a change of pace now and then.

Jenniferathome
11-17-2012, 04:00 PM
I think this describes my experience as well. I think part of the reason is that I shopped initially by what I thought looked good on a sexy woman's body. I should add that I never went out in trashy clothing. I at least recognized that the look was not what a real woman would wear.

samantha11
11-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Damn I am a tramp! I like french maids outfits and short short minis. lol

Jilmac
11-17-2012, 07:36 PM
I tend to dress and emulate the females I see in daily encounters. I never had any desire to be flambouyant or the least bit provocative. Almost always the lady, almost never the tramp.

sometimes_miss
11-17-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm the opposite; I started age appropriate dressing when I was 6. As I got into my twenties, I started wearing clothes that were age appropriate, but kept going back to teen attire. When I was married, and we went to a therapist, she suggested I try wearing women's clothes more appropriate for my age as one way to get my wife to go along with my crossdressing, which, when I was dressed as a teenager (I was 40) simply looked more perverted than simply transgendered. Tried it. Didn't feel right, it was just as uncomfortable as dressing as a guy. It took years to figure out why, but that didn't change how I felt after I knew the reasons (modern mental health gives us the impression that once we work through all our past problems, everything will become 'just fine' and we'll be normal. NOPE; doesn't work that way, all it does is help us deal with it, doesn't fix it). So now I'm in my 50's, still dressed like I'm a 14 year old girl. But it feels right.

reb.femme
11-17-2012, 08:35 PM
.........I dress to pass with age and venue appropriate outfits. It has worked well for me.

This pretty much defines me too!
3" heels are the highest I possess and I like knee length skirts / dresses.
I like for my bra to show through a bit now and then but that really is my limit. :battingeyelashes:

Rebeca

lingerieLiz
11-17-2012, 08:58 PM
I started out dressing in typical teen clothes from the late 50s early 60s. By the time I was out on my own at 17/18 I dressed as a sophisticated young lady from the south. My skirts and dresses were the proper length and tops were too. I didn't wear pants because girls I knew didn't either. Wouldn't be caught without proper bra, panty, hose and often panty girdle. I had several sets of matching lingerie.

Don't get me wrong! I was as sexy as any of the girls I dated. But a proper image was important. You wanted certain things to show but only so much. The clothes I wear today are what women wear in my neighborhood. Granted much more casual than what I started with. As I look back I was probably more conservative than most. I did bye a red fringe dress like the one worn by the dancer in one of the beach movies with Annette. Wore it to on a date to a dance so I could twist and see the fringe swing. Not the brightest thing, because I stood out and became worried I was going to get outed.

We are as diverse as the female population. Any suggestion otherwise is BS.

S. Lisa Smith
11-17-2012, 09:41 PM
I have always dressed as the woman I would have been if I were born a woman....

AnitaH
11-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Me, I always desired to dress the way the average woman would dress. Always dressed to fit in even in the early days, even when still in the closet. But I now understand that I'm TS (& now working towards transition) so the CD'ers mileage may vary.

AnitaH

GinaD
11-17-2012, 10:13 PM
In the beginning, I wore what my mom and sister were wearing. As I started to get more into it, I wore mostly my sister's clothes. She dressed in the same manner as girls in school did, which was pretty revealing and sexy. To this day, I prefer sexy and revealing clothing, unless I'm going out for an extended period of time. Then, I dress more low key. But at home or when I am not around a lot of people, I still wear clothes a girl half my age would likely wear. It still gives me a thrill when a guy whistles or wolf calls when they see me. In fact, I just changed out of my cocktail dress and put on a small pair of cutoffs, a sports bra, and platform heels. Only a stripper or working girl would dress like I am now. It feels great!

MssHyde
11-17-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm still a bimbo, but try to dress classy. I really don't want to look my age

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af73/xHDrider/Brandi/DSC04319.jpg

StephanieC
11-17-2012, 10:51 PM
I've never worn anything in public that is really provocative. I do have a few things a bit more daring but have never really worn them much. I don't think I have anything truly skanky. In my case, I think it was a matter of learning...starting as a "teenager" and maturing in style and taste as I learned more.

I have a girl friend at work though, that likes to be pretty daring when she goes out. She is 30, is a single mother, and dresses down at work. But when she goes out, it's always daring. This is what she calls dressing "girly". As a matter of fact, she just texted me tonight looking for something "bright or flourescent" and I had to let her know I really didn't have much in that style.

-stephani

Cynthia Anne
11-18-2012, 12:53 AM
I remember dressing as a teen with the mini skirt and such! I don't recall doing the ''trampy'' look though! I've always tried to dress my age! I think it might be fun to dress trampy now that I'm older; but I wouldn't leave the house that way!

Newcdguy
11-18-2012, 01:16 PM
I guess I'll have to say tramp. I enjoy dressing sexy and showing off. Cleavage, legs, abs and butt. I like the feeling. I'll let you girls know what happens over the next 20 years as I approach 50.
Hugs
Stephanie

Tina B.
11-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Since I started out in the fifty's and wore my sisters clothes, then mom's stuff, dressed in the same styles as my first and second wifes, wither it was there clothes or things they helped me buy for myself, I never got the chance to be trashy.
Dressing in the late sixty's and early eighties I did get my share of wearing mini skirts, but it was the style, and not any different than most girls my age where wearing.

Sarah V
11-25-2012, 07:35 AM
I have never done the tramp style....never. I liek the professional business woman look or the casual woman look.

Now that I am going out a bit more with other sister's, many of them like to go to clubs where the expected look IS rather trampish, and I have a hard time going with them many times, as I do not have anything in my closet that even comes close to tramp......nor do I want to buy anything like that either. I just usually go with them wearing one of 5-6 LBD's I own, and leave it at that. I am however seriously thinking of getting my "tramp stamp" as a gift to myself when I retire.