PDA

View Full Version : How not to hide painted fingernails

Doctor Seven
11-17-2012, 11:26 AM
I got bored the other day while filling out job applications, so I decided to paint my nails. I figured that there was no harm in it, since I was not subject to a dress code. Also, I could always remove the polish prior to an interview.

However, I quickly found myself concerned about what my two housemates would think. They don't know about my crossdressing, and I wasn't quite ready to tell them about it. I had somehow got the idea in my head that if they saw my nails painted, I would have to tell them everything. At the same time, I didn't want to remove the polish that I just put on.

So I decided to try hiding my hands from my roommates. This would have been sitcom material. I kept my hands in my pockets. I kept my laptop open a bit longer than I would have otherwise to block my hands. I even tried scratching my head so that my nails would be covered by my hair.

In the end, they found out within the first two days. One saw my nails while I was loading the dishwasher, while the other noticed when I was using the laptop monitor as a shield. It was rather futile to hide my nails anyway, as I had used a very dark (almost black) shade of brown. They were cool about it, so in the end I had nothing to worry about.

Oddly enough, I did nothing to hide my nails when I went out of the apartment. I guess I was just worried about my roommates seeing me differently.

Kate Simmons
11-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Or, to put it in the classic sense: No one will really notice something unless we go out of our way to try hiding it. I rest my case. :heehee::battingeyelashes::)

Beverley Sims
11-17-2012, 01:26 PM
I have seen guys with dark painted fingernails.
I would love to ask them why. :)

Doctor Seven
11-17-2012, 02:05 PM
I have seen guys with dark painted fingernails.
I would love to ask them why. :)

I think it's a rocker/hipster/goth thing, which may be what my roommates assumed. I did it because I think painted nails look purdy.

shellie marie
11-17-2012, 02:07 PM
I sometimes paint my fingars clear and the toes a purdy color

Persephone
11-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh yeah, been there Doc!

I have long manicured acrylics. I've had 'em for more than 15 years. My friends who know me as a guy have gotten used to them over the years and in the past couple of years I've come out to them as TG anyway.

The problem comes up with the friends who know me as a woman. There are times when "he" (my guyself) still needs to go out in public and sometimes we run into them with me looking like a guy.

Supposedly, "he" and I are twins. When "he" does go out "he" wears very male clothes, dark polos or a suit and tie, contact lenses (I wear glasses), and "he" hides my hair inside his shirt. Goofy, I know, but it actually seems to work, mostly, I think, because people want to believe it.

Anyway, my nails are a sure "tell" so I try to hide them. And yeah, it ain't easy to do!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Chickhe
11-17-2012, 04:48 PM
You are forced to explain your thoughts to no one... You can do something just for 'fun'. Nobody will care too much, but be ready to laugh at some joke when you are not expecting it.

Kaz
11-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Why not do it 'just because'... you want to have fun and see. I work in a business school and a client came in with painted nails... the story was his daughter wanted to paint them because they would look pretty! He chose not to deny his daughter's wish... and next day... he was a star!

A drummer I once worked with painted his nails for fun... he was well macho and no-one would want to mess with him... BUT.. 'I am doing my nails tonight - you have a problem with this?' Sometimes I think De Niro?

Jay135
11-17-2012, 06:14 PM
If you really want to hide them, you can always get a pair of gloves for your hands (any kind/color will do, though I prefer regular cotton ones). Just make sure your nails are dry before you put on the gloves or you'll ruin your manicure. If anyone asks, tell them the gloves are to keep you from biting your nails...

Or just show 'em off proudly! I found the few times I wore fake nails out in public in boy mode (once on accident, another as an "experiment") , nobody said anything about my long pink nails...

Ressie
11-17-2012, 07:40 PM
If you really want to hide them, you can always get a pair of gloves for your hands (any kind/color will do, though I prefer regular cotton ones). Just make sure your nails are dry before you put on the gloves or you'll ruin your manicure. If anyone asks, tell them the gloves are to keep you from biting your nails...

Or just show 'em off proudly! I found the few times I wore fake nails out in public in boy mode (once on accident, another as an "experiment") , nobody said anything about my long pink nails...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/digitalshoujo/selling_items/gloves.jpg

sometimes_miss
11-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Or, to put it in the classic sense: No one will really notice something unless we go out of our way to try hiding it. I rest my case. :heehee::battingeyelashes::)

Yeah, right.....that comes under the same category as the one where love will find you when you stop looking for it. Tried that.......wound up alone for years. Women simply do not approach guys, all they do is send out those ambiguous 'non verbal' clues which are as clear to us as, well, mud.

Basically, if you want to keep something a secret, you REALLY have to be diligent about it.