PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning to the point of androgyny?

Daisy41
11-17-2012, 04:13 PM
This is purely out of curiosity, but has anyone ever desired, or accomplished, being on HRT long enough where you're androgynous? How was the experience? Does this require a delicate balance of HRT for the rest of your life?

Traci Elizabeth
11-17-2012, 07:20 PM
It's not going to happen you way you are hoping. HRT is very serious business and you can not "pick and chose" outcomes that "might" make you look more androgynous.

Daisy41
11-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Don't worry, I have no intention to even attempting anything like this. It was really a general information inquiry, but I suppose anybody who's attempted such a thing probably shouldn't have. I know HRT is serious business, so I suppose this thread honestly should be closed as it does invite conversation regarding straying from safe and controlled medical practices.

ameliabee
11-17-2012, 10:09 PM
MtF HRT is generally quite effective at, y'know, feminizing. It won't put you at androgyny. With that said, it's a lot easier to pull off androgyny with a female body. Sometimes when venturing into LGB/queer spaces I'll de-emphasize my femininity so as to blend in.

Raquel June
11-19-2012, 08:06 PM
This is purely out of curiosity, but has anyone ever desired, or accomplished, being on HRT long enough where you're androgynous? How was the experience? Does this require a delicate balance of HRT for the rest of your life?

You're being kinda vague. HRT does a lot of subtle things that can be amazing, but how you're living, dressing, talking, walking and socializing are the real things that determine whether you are seen as masculine, feminine or androgynous. Having softer skin, more sensitive emotions and maybe bigger boobs isn't going to change your life by itself -- especially not if you're sporting facial hair, scratching your balls and talking about the NFL :)

JohnH
11-20-2012, 02:37 PM
You're being kinda vague. HRT does a lot of subtle things that can be amazing, but how you're living, dressing, talking, walking and socializing are the real things that determine whether you are seen as masculine, feminine or androgynous. Having softer skin, more sensitive emotions and maybe bigger boobs isn't going to change your life by itself -- especially not if you're sporting facial hair, scratching your balls and talking about the NFL :)

I don't have facial hair, scratch my balls, or talk about the NFL. However, I do have deep speaking voice. And when I sing, I can sing like a Russian basso. It's fun in a choir to wear androgynous clothes along with lipstick and a femme haircut, and sing much deeper than all the regular men while looking like a genetic woman!

John

Traci Elizabeth
11-20-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't have facial hair, scratch my balls, or talk about the NFL. However, I do have deep speaking voice. And when I sing, I can sing like a Russian basso. It's fun in a choir to wear androgynous clothes along with lipstick and a femme haircut, and sing much deeper than all the regular men while looking like a genetic woman!

John

John,

When are we ever going to hear you sing?

Traci-

kimdl93
11-20-2012, 03:08 PM
I pondered this thread for a couple of days before I could think of a response. Here's my thought: If I were to begin HRT for the purpose of changing my body, why would I want to stop half way?

I do realize that for some people on low dose HRT, the purpose is to help manage GID, not to effect a physical change.

JohnH
11-20-2012, 04:56 PM
John,

When are we ever going to hear you sing?

Traci-

Traci,

Good to hear a response from you.

John