PDA

View Full Version : Pantyhose

Lisa Marie
11-17-2012, 07:05 PM
I am very upset and sad I have learned that JC Penneys has quit making their own pantyhose which was my favorite anyone in here got any suggestions on what brand I can switch to that are just as good?

michelleky53
11-17-2012, 07:27 PM
I prefer Hanes Silk Reflections myself, for special occasions. Just My Size for daily wear.

Sara Jessica
11-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Silk Reflections are my first choice but as JCP was blowing out their hosiery, I bought a few different Worthington's thinking that for $3 each, they'd be worth a try. I found them to be a lot like HUE (which can be found at Macy's) and was pleasantly surprised.

When the JCP's went to $1 each, I couldn't be bothered. The packaging just screamed "cheap" to me so I cannot make that direct comparison but if you tried & liked Worthington, then you'd probably do well with HUE. The price point for HUE is slightly less than Silk Reflections and when on sale they can be bought between $4 & $6 each.

AlexApp
11-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Some of the Capezio tights are decent but they maybe a little thicker then what you are looking for

stephNE
11-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Hanes Solutions Silky Sheer are very nice. However, my regulars are one of the few things I buy at Walmart: Legg 3 pairs for about $5.

marykrissmithcd
11-17-2012, 08:55 PM
I love wearing Leggs Shear Energy and you buy 6 pair in a package for $20 at any Leggs/Hanes outlet store.

ArleneRaquel
11-17-2012, 08:58 PM
L'eggs Suntan Sheer Energy with control top & reinforced toe is the style that I buy the most frequently.

Melissa in hose
11-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Legg's Sheer Energy. mostly Suntan and Off Black, always control top.

Vickie_CDTV
11-18-2012, 05:11 AM
It depends on what size you wear. When I wear pantyhose, I like Hue hose , but their selection in tall/plus sizes is limited; if you can wear a smaller/standard size I would give them a try. They feel pretty nice too! If you are a bit on the taller or larger size, you could always try JMS pantyhose too; they feel "ok" not a sensual as the Hue hose but are cheaper and easier to find.

You could also try Berkshire pantyhose. I wear their gartered stockings all the time and the fit, feel and cost is a great value. They also wear like iron!

Kate Simmons
11-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Guess we'll have to wear regular stockings and garter belts. The sacrifices we CD's make......:)

Beverley Sims
11-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Any sheer hose that reflects light is all I need, love the look.

Mollyanne
11-18-2012, 07:39 AM
I have worn and still wear No Nonsense Sheer Endurance, nude and suntan (buy from e-Bay) and on that "special occasion" I will wear Hanes Silk Reflections, little color, off black, or suntan, sheer toe, control top. Also I will wear L'eggs sheer energy suntan, control also. BTW, I have six pairs of each style and shade just "in case????"

Molly

Sara Jessica
11-18-2012, 09:14 AM
...and on that "special occasion" I will wear Hanes Silk Reflections, little color, off black, or suntan, sheer toe, control top. Also I will wear L'eggs sheer energy suntan, control also. BTW, I have six pairs of each style and shade just "in case????"

Molly

For the record, Silk Reflections don't come in a "suntan", thank goodness.

Yes, I can be a hosiery snob and as has been pointed out to me, I go out of my way to disrespect L'eggs whenever I get a chance. L'eggs "suntan" doesn't look anything like a suntan unless you are that woman back east who had that tanning booth issue. I'd post her picture but it'd be against the forum rules as I don't have her permission ;)!!!

audrey-lynn43
11-18-2012, 09:33 AM
I really like Leggs Shear Energy. Also wearing regular hose and garter belt.

MsRenee
11-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Silk Reflections girl here either Barely there or Little color. Check at onehanesplace online. if you dont have a store close by.
Renee

Krististeph
11-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Perhaps Sears' brand?

Elle1946
11-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Legg's Sheer Energy are the pantyhose that I wear most often.

Maria 60
11-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Silk Reflections are also my favorite, something about them they feel and look great. I will wear cheaper brands for underdressing and wear my silks when dressed.

~Joanne~
11-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Legg's sheer energy is what I wear the most also. Tan or nude. Sheer toe and sheer waist :) I have tried some other brands but always come back to Legg's. I haven't tried HUE yet so I may pick some up next time I am at the mall :)

Jocelyn Quivers
11-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Rule #1 with pantyhose:

1. Without a doubt any brand of pantyhose that becomes a favorite of yours will, I repeat WILL ALWAYS be discontinued by said manufacturer.

I also wonder if discontinuing there brand is part of the companies ill fated attempt to remake the company brand.

For the record, Silk Reflections don't come in a "suntan", thank goodness.

Yes, I can be a hosiery snob and as has been pointed out to me, I go out of my way to disrespect L'eggs whenever I get a chance. L'eggs "suntan" doesn't look anything like a suntan unless you are that woman back east who had that tanning booth issue. I'd post her picture but it'd be against the forum rules as I don't have her permission ;)!!!

As a member of the 47%er or 99%er pantyhose crowd I will go out of my way to give "props, and respect" to Leggs!:tongueout