PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling rather blue today

2B Natasha
11-17-2012, 07:53 PM
life is good. Let me start there. I have a house over my head. A great job I like. A beautiful wife who loves me ( why IDK ) and I love her. A FANTASTIC son. and an awesome job.

But I have seem to have lost confidence in my self. I want to go out, but just can' seem to pluck up the nerve to do it.

I went shopping the other day and was trying on a dress and some skirt's. I took a couple of pictures to send to my wife to get her opinion on the outfit's. But I saw myself in the mirror. Bit of a pouch and the telltale sign of what a man has between his legs and a good look at my head without a wig. I was horrified.

I look pretty damn good as a guy. I dress sharp and my body is blessed in that clothes fit me rather well. So it's not the man part.

I just seem to be having an issue seeing myself.

I don't think I should look in the mirror anymore without a at least a wig on.

OK. I'm done know. Thanks for listening.

stephNE
11-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi Natasha! Hang in there girl. Hopefully your wife loves you for whats inside (like mine). My urge to dress rises and falls. I seem to have it connected with work- when I'm busy less interest in dressing. As in your first sentance, take stock in what you have and all will be good. Steph.

justmetoo
11-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi, Natasha. I don't have any words of wisdom, but wanted to offer best wishes and hopefully things will look up soon!

Jana
11-17-2012, 09:51 PM
I avoid mirrors like the plague until I'm fully enfemme. Then I can't get enough of them... :P

brenne
11-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Hi Natasha - Sometimes I have trouble looking at moi in the mirror too - maybe we're perfectionists or something? Anyway hope this helps ya, sis.

Cynthia Anne
11-18-2012, 01:03 AM
I know how you feel!I go through spells like that! Hang in there! Hopefully it will be better tomorow!

Beverley Sims
11-18-2012, 04:26 AM
Eventually you will get used to yourself and as you file off the rough edges you will see the girl shining through.
Your wife will also eventually accept you for who you are after seeing you dressed and trimming off the rough edges.
Those who transition can look downright horrible as they start but when the sharp edges are chipped off and grooming becomes more natural than an experiment they evolve as the butterfly they imagined they were.

ChelseaErtel
11-18-2012, 04:36 AM
I have never liked my "man" image. I can only see myself in the mirror en femme. Then that is me. It's different for everyone, so just hang in there.

I in a similar place. At times the "man" sneaks through even the en femme image and I get depressed. You are not alone.

Shari
11-18-2012, 05:17 AM
Many times how I feel and how I look are close to polar opposites, yet there are other times where I'm amazed at the image that smiles back at me.
Mood swings? Good or bad lighting? Fantasy vs. cold reality? We've all been to those places at various times.
Try just to enjoy and don't be too harsh on yourself.

Kate Simmons
11-18-2012, 05:36 AM
We may not readily see it but the people who love us, love us for who we are and that is not half bad Hon.:battingeyelashes::)

Cheryl T
11-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Self-criticism (especially in partial dress) is an ugly beast.
We all see the flaws we wish weren't there and even some that really aren't....
Ignore the beast and he will go away to haunt someone else.

Angela Campbell
11-18-2012, 08:54 AM
When I see the things I don't like in the mirror I use that to decide what I need to work on to make it better. If I see that I am too fat I start to lose weight, If I do not like my hair I find a new style, If I don't think the outfit looks good I find a way to make it better or get something else. I use it as an opportunity to fine tune things. We can't be perfect but we can learn what we need to do to make a difference. Sometimes it comes too slow but I have found that patience is a virtue in this area. Keep working on it.

audreyinalbany
11-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Boy do I ever know the feeling. I have a basic lack of self confidence when it come to appearance, whether in male of female mode. There are time when I think I'm not a bad looking guy, then, I catch myself in the mirror and I think, "What a geek." Same with female mode. I get dolled up and think, "There, I look pretty okay," Next thing I know,I catch a glimpse and think, "ewhhh, who's that weird looking guy wearing a dress?" The only up side I can find is that pretty much every woman I've ever known thinks that they're too fat, too tall, too gray, too something.

kimdl93
11-18-2012, 11:56 AM
We all have those moments, as do most women, when we simply don't,like what we see...remember the line in the Springsteen song...dancing in the dark. We all want to change something about ourselves. But those times pass. Just get all dolled up and enjoy an evening,with your wife. You'll feel better.

Tina B.
11-18-2012, 04:29 PM
I can handle the man in the mirror, or the woman it's the in between that bothers me. Last week I couldn't wear make up, my face was broken out with a red rash, I dressed anyway, and hated it, even though my wife had told me I looked pretty, i just couldn't see it. I need the makeup to soften the look of a man, as much as I need the wig, and the tuck.

Stephanie47
11-18-2012, 08:32 PM
The mirror is not my enemy. It is developed pictures. The mirror seems to reflect how I perceive myself. The pictures show the reality. When I get close to a mirror it reflects my age and male features. Sometimes it is best to not have any mirrors around or at least view from a distance.

Somehow I'm reading into your posts the scale of being a male and perceiving maybe cross dressing is an aberration to all that society expects. I think all of us go through some periods of doubt.

Celeste
11-19-2012, 01:44 AM
You know what?That happened to me while putting on makeup,I just couldn't do it without a wig on,I mean I hated my look so badly without the wig that I would ruin the makeup job.So I always kept the wig on while doing the makeup....well then I ended up ruining wigs with foundation...lol. I eventually got over my guy look while in the process of doing it.I still can't wait to get it done and finally get the hair on.I guess it's just that quirky feeling of seeing myself in those middle stages.

2B Natasha
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks Ladies and Gents.

After reading all your sage advice and talking to my extremely intelligent wife. I have worked to identify my issue and now have a plan to attack it. I feel better and am looking forward getting dressed up and getting out again somewhere

Once again.

Thank you.

MssHyde
11-19-2012, 06:45 PM
I know how you feel.

at one time I was a good looking guy, then I went through a bad divorce, had a heart attack, got bit by a tick (confirmed Lyme disease)
I aged like right now. I used to look a lot younger then my age. but pow it hit me like a hammer.

I didn't even want to look in the mirror, I was seeing a stranger looking back at me.

it was very humbling, it mattered more to me, how I looked as a woman then how I looked as a guy. (how dumb is that)
could have been more pink fog.

people look better in love, "be sure to give love and be open to it, to receive love"

Remember you are blessed, most guy's earn better wages then women.
(though I have met some women that are aces above me)

to sum it up we should all count our blessings, life is hard and changes for the worse so very fast.
enjoy your health and family while you have them.

a person that walks with confidence, looks way better then a person with their head hanging down, makes no difference if they wear pants or a dress.

Laura912
11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
FEMA has authorized immediate delivery of some pink fog which will arrive by UPS truck second day air.

MssHyde
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Laura, that's funny, (about the pink fog, I mentioned it too) I could be a product of my own environment.

justmetoo
11-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Thanks Ladies and Gents.

After reading all your sage advice and talking to my extremely intelligent wife. I have worked to identify my issue and now have a plan to attack it. I feel better and am looking forward getting dressed up and getting out again somewhere

Once again.

Thank you.
That's good. Best wishes! :)