PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Needed

Barbara_Jean
11-18-2012, 06:48 AM
I belong to a "Price Club" called "Sam's Club" where you have to show an ID Card with your Picture on it to get in AND to check out! I would like to go there as Barbara tomorrow, I know I won't have any problem getting in, but when you check out, they swipe your card which I'm sure has all your information on it as well as you picture.
If they question me I was thinking of telling them I am using my brothers card, but I'm not sure how that will go over.
Maybe I should just tell them I'm Transgendered and see what happens?
Any Suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks
Barbara

Kate Simmons
11-18-2012, 06:59 AM
It's a "touchy feely" situation, kind of like using a license with a picture ID. If you want to do it for the thrill, just deal with the outcome. If you are regularly going to shop en femme, it may behoove you to get a new ID as some do if it's that important. Trying to pass yourself off as someone else does not bode well as some may have found out attempting to get through TSA scrutiny.:)

Fashionista
11-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi!

I faced a similar situation on a beauty fair when I wanted to pay for an item with my credit card (male name on it). The cashier didn't read me and had a puzzled look on his face when I handed him my credit card. I told him that I hadn't had time to get a card on my female name yet, to which he replied that without my credit card, he wouldn't have guessed.
I wouldn't try to say something about your brothers card. If you get asked at all, I would rather ask whether it would be possible to get a second card for Barbara without additional costs. If you want to go there more often as Barbara, that might be a good idea anyway.
If you aren't totally passable (that also includes voice), you will be read probably when you are getting asked a first question by the cashier (how are you today?) so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Enjoy your shopping spree!

Beverley Sims
11-18-2012, 07:08 AM
If they question you, tell them you are transgendered or whatever you are.
This is the first step in building confidence.
When they look at your photo they would see a likeness.
Tell them it's your brothers card and they may read you instantly.
Using TG, CD or TS may confuse them but would add interest for them to the transaction.
If you are well presented they are not going to laugh at you, maybe show a little compassion towards you.

Rogina B
11-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Well, you got there by driving and you most likely have your license with you as well as the store card. Legal proof the store card is yours.They maybe able to take another pic of you and charge you to add a "family member"...not sure. However,for everyone,THE REALID ACT has stopped allowing the issue of state ID cards if you already have a DL issued. My Florida ID and DL needed an address change and so I was informed that I would lose my girl pic ID if I handed it over due to the Federal Law. So I held on to both as is..just so everyone knows that the Federal law trumps the states on ID.

Momarie
11-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Don't worry...and be HONEST!

The clerks at Sam's (a division of Walmart) have seen it all.

Sara Jessica
11-18-2012, 09:16 AM
You'll need to be honest. When they do the inevitable double-take, just say the picture was taken when you weren't at your best.

As for saying it's your brother's card, that won't fly. You are not allowed to present someone else's card.

joank
11-18-2012, 09:31 AM
I have faced the card issue a number of times while out dressed. I usually say something like I was doing my hair differently in the picture if I have to show the DL.
I try ot use a debit card and no ID is asked for (most times).

MsRenee
11-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Just have fun Barbara and go for it. If they have any problems the will just ask for some other info like zip code or pin number. You should b just fine.
Renee

Jackiefl
11-18-2012, 09:58 AM
I went to the tanning salon last sunday (just love my bikini tan lines) and had a cover up over bikini when i realized i had to stop at the bank. When i arrived at the bank i grabbed my purse and went in walked up to the teller to do my transaction. The teller asked me if i had my Id so i handed him my driver license,he took my license at the same time i said to him it's a bad picture. He smiled back and said they always are and completed my transaction and told me to have a nice day. My advice is it's your membership it's you (no matter how you present and most important it's your money that that they want} so go and enjoy!

"Mary"
11-18-2012, 09:59 AM
I like the " I was doing my hair differently / I wasn't looking my best the day they took this picture / bad hair day" light hearted truthful approach. Most folks read me after a few seconds of interacting.

Gerrijerry
11-18-2012, 10:14 AM
You can have another photo taken. The club will not have a problem with it. then you will have one for either way you dress when you enter. Just remember to simple tell them why you want it.

Maria 60
11-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Before I had my own card I would use my wife's and the cashiers would not even look at the picture on the back.

Melissa Rose
11-18-2012, 11:16 AM
I frequently shop at Costco and have not bothered to get a membership card with a new picture or name on it. Except for one time, no one has commented about it. The picture is so fuzzy and the main obvious difference is my hair is shorter. I doubt the check out person looks at the picture most of the time. Sometimes your card is scanned to see if you qualify for the higher level card so that may draw a bit of scrutiny. It is best not to lie and say it is someone else's card.

Barbra P
11-18-2012, 11:26 AM
My experience at Sam’s Club has been that the checkout cashiers don’t even look at the cards until you go to leave then they are required to thank you and address you by name. But I think the only thing they actually look at is the last name and they just preface the name with a thank you and a Mr. or Ms. Most of the cahiers seem to be working in fog or trance most of the time anyway, I think the only thing going through their minds is “another one down, only two-hundred more customers to go; where is my relief I need a break.” That cashier doesn’t care one wit about you all they are concerned about is long until the end of their shift and that their cash drawer doesn’t come up short.

A word of warning, if you say the card is your Brother’s you may not get it back. Just go and have fun and if the cashier does notice then leave with the knowledge that you interrupted their dreary Sam’s Club existence and for a moment or two they actually had something to smile at – they deserve to have some fun too.

Lady Catherine
11-18-2012, 11:30 AM
It's been my experience that they never look at the card any way. I go to BJ's once a month and they never look. SAMs may be different. Just remember it is YOUR card so enjoy and don't worry about it.

Roberta Marie
11-18-2012, 04:05 PM
I shop at Sam's regularly while en femme, using my membership card with my male name and pic, and my debit card with my male name. Never had any issues. But, the headshot on the card does not look that much different that me when I'm dressed.

In other stores, when I present my debit card I have been asked for some ID. I present my DL which has my male name and pic, and have never had any issues. I usually thank them for checking my ID, as their doing so protects me and my account as much as it protects the store.

No one has ever questioned my when I present my male DL when I am en femme, not even the police. There is no law against dressing in clothes of the opposite sex. There is no law against presenting your true ID when asked. Just be honest, and don't act like you are doing something wrong, because you're not.

Barbara_Jean
11-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Thank you to Everyone for all the Great Advice. I am sure I am worrying for nothing. I am thinking that Barbara P and Roberta are right, they don't even look at the card much. I do pass rather well Visually, and I am working on my voice, it sounds pretty well. When I go out I pass OK and I am going to Sams with a GG Friend of mine so that helps too. I am just going to Go For It and have some fun getting the things I need. I have not had a chance to be Barbara for a few months and I have been under a LOT of Stress in the last few weeks, so being Barbara is a HUGE Stree Reliever!
Thanks again
Barbara Jean

Diversity
11-19-2012, 12:21 AM
While I have not been in this situation, it would seem to me that the best option would be honesty. If the clerk asks, just say that it is your card and that you enjoy wearing women's clothes. Simple as that. What can the clerk say? It's your card. It is you, and you have a right to wear whatever clothing you choose. This will also give you even more strength the next time a similar situation eventuates. Good luck!
Di

BOBBI G.
11-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Barbara, You could go to customer service and ask for a card with your name and picture. There may be an additional charge (going from a single membership to a family membership), but they should accomadate you. Then the only possible problem I see is if you have one of those picture credit cards.
I would let your SO know of your intentions of getting an ID, so when it is time for next years membership and the statement comes, there won't be the surprise factor.

Bobbi

Cheryl T
11-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Just admit it's your card and say...."Is there some problem with my account?"....when they say no, then say thanks and keep moving.

Jenny Doolittle
11-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Barbara, Dont lie, they folks at Sam's don't care what you look like, they are just happy you are shopping with them. Besides, be proud who you are, your a person that is confident enough to go out as they feel inside!

I Am Paula
11-19-2012, 10:45 AM
I think they would have more of an issue with a borrowed card, than one with your male pic. on it.-Celeste

Michelle55
11-19-2012, 10:54 AM
A Sam's Clib near us has self service check out lines. No person to look at the picture. If your store doesn't have a self service checkout yet, try other stores in your area.

PretzelGirl
11-19-2012, 09:27 PM
If it is anything like the picture on my Costco card, then I could look like anything from Mr Ed to Anne Hathaway and they couldn't tell.

FirstTimeCD
11-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Get one more membership card with your fem look.

I belong to a "Price Club" called "Sam's Club" where you have to show an ID Card with your Picture on it to get in AND to check out! I would like to go there as Barbara tomorrow, I know I won't have any problem getting in, but when you check out, they swipe your card which I'm sure has all your information on it as well as you picture.
If they question me I was thinking of telling them I am using my brothers card, but I'm not sure how that will go over.
Maybe I should just tell them I'm Transgendered and see what happens?
Any Suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks
Barbara

DAVIDA
11-20-2012, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't say anything.
I really don't think that anything will be said on the checker's part.
They don't care just as long as you have a membership card for them to swipe.:thumbsup:
I don't go to Sam's dressed enfem, but I use the self-checkout all the time.
Usually, there isn't a line and I can scan my things faster than any checker.:D