PDA

View Full Version : So, now everyone knows. At least those that count

Lorileah
11-18-2012, 01:21 PM
191842To round out October, the last 10 days.

We were preparing for the Veteran’s day show and Halloween. So far I had been home, I think 5 evenings in October. My cats were starting to think they were orphanated.

The theme of the Veteran’s day show was to be WWII. We are losing so many every day we thought we needed to give them a show of appreciation. I had purchased a nice studio microphone that kind of looked like what was used back then. Prior to that the group had used modern hand mics. I dropped the mic off so that they could try it on the Wednesday night I had planned on going to dinner with a TS friend, Carolyn

The dinner is our monthly get together and it was fairly normal. The only thing that was different was that we met another T girl at the bar who had been flirting with a man. We all sat together and joked and laughed, but I noticed that the man had lost his attention to our new friend and was watching Carolyn and I. It was innocent banter and of course sexual innuendos. And I tried to dissuade him form thinking I was available. As it turned out, sometime during the evening, he slipped his business card into the Carolyn’s purse. Much better choice in my opinion.

So, during this time I got a text message from a friend at the club where they were using the new microphone. “How much was the mic? Absolutely love it.” We exchanged texts back and forth and the KJ sent one on how wonderful the mic was. Since we were done at the bar, I decided I needed to check out the sound myself. I sent them a text saying “don’t go anywhere I will be right there”.

Most of my friends at the Vet club know about me but the vast majority of members do not. Well, it was time to come out. I pulled into the lot, took a deep breath and went inside. The bartender knew who I was right away but there was a woman sitting there and she had this strange look on her face. I stopped and talked to the bartender and then went over to the stage to check out the mic. Half the people still there knew me and we talked and joked, mostly about how tall I am and how I look so different. I went back to the bar to get a drink and the woman stared at me again. She held out her hand.

“Hi, I ‘m Mercy”

I smiled and shook her hand “Hi, I am your vice commander.” She almost fainted. She had no idea who I was. One member wanted a photo with me and a couple of the women of the club. I will post it here after I blur the faces, but you can see I am head and shoulders above them J (I did get their permission to post on Facebook, so you can see if you contact me).

I was now “out” to everyone in the club. I am sure that it wasn’t a surprise, but now they saw the physical me.

(NB, the show was Nov 3rd and it went well, there is a film out there somewhere and if it gets posted online, I will post a link)

The club had its Halloween party ten days later. That had been my original day to come out. But since it had already happened, it was not going to be a big deal. I had a costume that was supposed to be a pirate wench, it looked more to me like a short version of a “Lady”. Maybe lady of the evening? J I had several good comments about how I looked and was in the running for best costume until one of the judges revealed his bias toward me. He was removed and I was told I could not “win” but was still in the contest. Figure that one out.

The Friday before I had met a very nice man at the Crown and we had a long conversation (he says he will take me to the theater this spring…we shall see). I must have mentioned the Halloween party because at about 8:30, he showed up at the club. My first stalker? J Actually he is a very nice guy and he enjoyed the party and the inexpensive booze. He also hit on three of the GG’s there.

I got 4th place by the way in the costume party. Many members made it a point to come over and talk to me and comment about how I looked. Now I realize that it was Halloween, but as stated above, I am not a secret now. One man came over while I was talking to my GG friend Diane. He shook my hand and stated “We accept all people here, even gay or bisexual.” Diane laughed and told him, “keep going haven’t hit the right label yet.” I don’t think he understood what she was saying. That just because I wear a dress or heels or a wig, I am not necessarily gay. That transgender is not always, or even often, homosexual. This type of statement although meant to show the speakers belief that they are hip or cool with being accepting. Sort of like when someone says “I am not prejudiced, I have black friends.” But, that was the only comment all evening that I could even consider to be questionable.

I went to another party Saturday night out on the Eastern plains. But it had started at 5 and by 8 it was winding down. 50 miles out there and now 50 miles back. It was only nine so why waste the evening? I stopped at the Crown for a quick one. Here are a few photos from then.

This month is just as busy. I sort of like that but I am getting worn out. However, I would not trade it for anything. OK maybe for 5 million dollars, but only for a week.

steftoday
11-18-2012, 01:29 PM
no pics showing up Lorileah!

Lorileah
11-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Sorry Stef it was a 1D10T operator error. :)

Maria in heels
11-18-2012, 02:50 PM
you look great! Thanks for sharing your story with us, and I just love that smile on your face!!!!

Kelley
11-18-2012, 03:02 PM
That is a wonderful story and you look great in the pics.

PretzelGirl
11-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Thank you for sharing this Lori. It is a great example of what can be by just being our self. I always think that positive actions give you positive results and the great experience you had just emphasizes it.

S. Lisa Smith
11-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Wow, What a month you had!!! Love your pictures!!!

Miranda09
11-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Lori, I would have given you first place for your costume......I thought you looked really cute in your photo! Isn't it interesting tho that everyone who sees a CDer assumes they are gay? But it was nice to hear that they treated you properly. :)

Stephanie47
11-18-2012, 09:34 PM
maybe you should post a comment and the picture of you and the ladies at the club at Marcy's thread about being too tall to go out! You look lovely!

Amy R Lynn
11-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Stephanie, I was just thinking the same thing! Great minds!

Lori, you look absolutely beautiful. I love the outfift! Its great to hear that coming out went so well for you! That has t be such a relief to get that out. Thank you for sharing!

Beverley Sims
11-19-2012, 08:05 AM
What are you going to do for an encore NOW!
That was an awesome story that went very well.

Sara Jessica
11-19-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't know which is more important, your great story or your stunning gorgeous-osity!!! :)

BLUE ORCHID
11-19-2012, 08:18 AM
H Lorileah, Hi I'm your Vice Commander, The look on her face must've been priceless.
That red dress is awesome looking.

kimdl93
11-19-2012, 09:19 AM
I really admire you for coming out so completely and I appreciate how well received you were by so many people.

stacycoral
11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Lori, great story girl, love your pictures,i wish i could go my vet's club here, rural america is much different than the big city, thanks so much for sharing, hugs.

DonniDarkness
11-19-2012, 10:16 AM
WOW LORI!

OUT! I love it, its great to see others breaking down personal boundaries. It sounds like everyone was really cool and welcoming.

Your outfits look great and i love the fact that your tall and still rocking the heels.(at least it appears that way) When i wear my heels out being a tall girl it gives me a sense of empowerment....like that "oh yeah im a Glamazon" feeling.

Make sure you come back and post the videos if you have them.

Your situation with all of this is very similar to what i have going on in my life right now....everyone knows about me but have yet to meet Donni. I have a drag show date with my wife and friends.... and im going as "The Fashionably Strange Donni"....any advice for another girl about to take the plunge within the local scene? or should i just shut up and be fabulous?

Great post Lori,
-Donni-

insearchofme
11-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Great story and you look wonderful!

Janelle_C
11-19-2012, 12:02 PM
What a wonderful story I'm grateful that you shared it with us. I still dream of being out to the people that matter most to me someday.:daydreaming:

Barbara Ella
11-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Lori's excellent adventures. Looking great Lori. So nice to share stories like this that show how it can be, and should be. you are one lucky girl.

Barbara

ArleneRaquel
11-19-2012, 12:36 PM
A great and lovely story with the pictures being an added treat,and btw you are gorgeous.

Persephone
11-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh, wow, so cool, Lori! What an awesome step forward! You have my admiration (and no, I'm not an "admirer")!

And you look great!

Hugs,
Persephone.