PDA

View Full Version : Outed at work

vetobob9
11-20-2012, 12:04 AM
I thought most of coworkers knew I trans. But apparently the new batch didn't figure it out till today when they just realized I was wearing a bra and had "breasts".
I had to tell them I am transgendered. The person who asked did so to be mean spirited. One of the younger workers said her cousin was transexuak too. Both the young employees asked if they could do my make up and said I should do my hair like a girl. Then they started talking about changing my name to a girl's name. But the person who initially asked was hostile about and did it only to make me look bad. I think it backfired though because she came back to work intoxicated and tried to tell them what bad people transgendered are. Even the youngest employee there, who was 16, said outpouring that she was being mean spirited.
Yes I did answer their questions the best I could.

Barbara Ella
11-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Good for you. Always a rotten one in the bunch. Sounds like you have some good co workers though. Hope it all works smoothly for you.

Barbara

Cynthia Anne
11-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Good for you! It does sound like it backfired! Let's hope so!

Beverley Sims
11-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Go with those that give you support and forget the others.

kimdl93
11-20-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm glad that the mean-spirited person had things backfire on her. Honestly, I think this is a great opening for you if you want to take it. Seriously consider taking advantage of the young employees' offers and advice.

DebbieL
11-20-2012, 09:31 AM
I've leaned to have compassion for those who are mean. I realize that they are afraid, sometimes even a bit jealous. So many of those mean people have so many self-imposed limits, so many self-sacrifices, that they are often very much like us. She came back intoxicated, which may indicate that she has a drinking or drugging problem. She may have had some recent disappointments in her life, and may have been feeling insecure about her own situation. Focus on the positives as much as you can, be grateful for the women who were supportive, and let yourself experience "being one of the girls". You may find yourself with some wonderful new friends and even a wonderful new life. Are you in transition?

Tina B.
11-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Sounds like little miss mean spirit will not like working there for long, not only does she have to work with a TG but all of those open minded people. Good for you standing tall and answering their questions rather than ducking and hiding.

Kate Simmons
11-20-2012, 09:49 AM
I think you did well Hon. Like the old saying goes:"You can't please everyone." :)

Nocturnal Kaylee
11-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Where do you work that an employee can come back into work drunk and not be fired?

lingerieLiz
11-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Maybe she is Purple's neighbor. Sounds like she may not be there long. Companies don't like intoxicated workers.

cdtraveler
11-20-2012, 11:03 PM
wow can tell you don't work ata major public corp! You'd have one heck of a law suit for work place harassment.

Ceri Anne
11-21-2012, 12:34 AM
So cool to see how everyone turned on the mean girl and supported you. You alos have a need handle.......veto bob......pretty much says it all. Good luck and enjoy.

vetobob9
11-22-2012, 08:19 PM
wow can tell you don't work ata major public corp! You'd have one heck of a law suit for work place harassment. Perhaps you can enlighten me what you are referring to.

Angie G
11-22-2012, 08:37 PM
There is alway some very rude and thoughtless jackoff out there. Just keep being you girl.:hugs:
Angie

vetobob9
11-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Turns one of the coworkers has a cousin who is transgendered. When her family had a get together last night they brought her with them. The coworker asked if it was noticeable. I responded that it was but only a little.
The odd thing was that they, the coworkers family had a tendency to stare. That was uncomfortable.