PDA

View Full Version : Musing

Krististeph
11-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Clio, Calliope, Erato, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, and Urania, the 9 muses.

If there were a Muse of Crossdressing, what would be her name? What would she be like, or what would she do or promote (Specifically) ?

Beverley Sims
11-20-2012, 06:40 AM
I think I need an education in musing.
My stupid question for the day?
What is musing and who are the 9 muses?
I thought I could get the information here, I don't know enough about the internet to find out. :)

Kate Simmons
11-20-2012, 07:02 AM
The Muse of Crossdressing is Arianna. She promotes understanding feelings and femininity.:battingeyelashes::)

stephNE
11-20-2012, 07:38 AM
I know I'm switching from Rome to Egypt, but I remember hearing stories that Queen Hatshepsut wore traditional mens cloting and a false beard. So maybe the name of the CD muse would be "Hatshepsutia". She would promote peace, happiness and haromy in the universe, and she would wear fabulous makeup.

sterling12
11-20-2012, 04:56 PM
My vote goes for "Garterbeltia!" I often respond to that Muse. Then I pray to her companion Muse "Fullfashionedia," so that I am untroubled by The Snag Demons during my quests to find The Golden Evening Gown!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I Am Paula
11-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Ivana Mercedes. Promotes feelings of fabulousness, and helps choose nail polish colors.

kimdl93
11-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Easy...Lola. La la la la Lola!

Persephone
11-20-2012, 06:48 PM
I was going to campaign for Persephone, of course, since she "was such a beautiful young woman that everyone loved her" and because she is the unwilling Goddess of the Underworld, even though she isn't officially a Muse. But Kate is right, it has to be Arianna (but definitely NOT Arianna Huffington!) since Arianna is "mostly associated with mazes and labyrinths."

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kathi Lake
11-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Rupaulia - the muse of awesome!!

:)

Kathi

Kate Simmons
11-20-2012, 07:54 PM
The bottom line is that regardless of what we personally name her, she will be there for us and address our feminine needs. That is the way spiritual types operate.:)

Barbara Ella
11-20-2012, 08:11 PM
I do not know the name, but I know she answers my thoughts and brings me inner peace and helps me recognize femininity.

Barbara

Krististeph
11-23-2012, 09:21 AM
The bottom line is that regardless of what we personally name her, she will be there for us and address our feminine needs. That is the way spiritual types operate.:)

Of course! This is what is more important than the name of course, the name is simply a vehicle to get the discussion going. Though I do admit i like "Arianna".

Krististeph
11-23-2012, 12:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse

Erato (music) tends to be the most well known in 'common' culture these days.

Not that I (or any of us here) really believe in these spirits- the 9 that were selected originally tell us a little about the culture, what they considered important, how they broke up the categories, and what they thought were important aspects of art.

"The tenth muse", the act of assigning one, is generally a form of compliment relating in some sense to classical or artistic qualities- rather than technical or modern.

“It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting!" -- Agatha Christie (muse of mystery)