PDA

View Full Version : I just did it!

deedeen
11-20-2012, 03:14 AM
I just went outside dressed up for the first time :). Baby steps though, I only went across the parking lot of my apartment complex and back. I thought I had walking in heels down just fine from walking around my apartment, but I felt so clumsy out there!

I've been wanting to try and start getting out for a while, so small steps like this will hopefully lead me on my way! I started buying some more casual clothes, and I should be getting some boots in the mail this week. Really considering going out and walking around town once they come in!

Thanks for reading :)

AlyssaE12
11-20-2012, 03:42 AM
that is so awesome!!!...i just starting walking around my neighborhood late at night the last couple of weeks so i know exactly how you feel! Such a thrill and exhilerating feeling. was there anyone around? Walking in heals is wayyyy trickier in the outside world than it is around my room and apartment too. What were you wearing?

Diversity
11-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Congratulations Deedeen! Good for you! I had a first today as well and was about to post, when I saw your post firstly. For me, I actually put on a bra and a v-neck tee shirt and drove around town for about an hour and a half today. I know it is really not anything compared to what others do regularly, but it was a thrill to be partially dressed and outside in the daylight. I also made a quick stop to the bank and to two stores, but admittedly wore a sweatshirt over my tee shirt :( . No guts, no glory. I have so far to go......
Still I,too, am trying to break free and get the courage so many others already have. I sincerely applaud you for your accomplishment! Well done! Keep going!
Thanks for sharing, Deedeen
Di

JenniferUK
11-20-2012, 05:05 AM
Well done, now you've started there will be no stopping you.
Jen xxx

Cheryl T
11-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Some of that 'clumsy' feeling was probably from nervousness...keep practicing and just remember, One foot in front of the other.

AmyGaleRT
11-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Sounds just like me, Deedeen, except I was actually running an errand, taking a bag of trash out to the dumpster. :) It felt so exhilarating! I'm sure you felt that, too.

Don't worry, walking in heels will get easier over time, just keep practicing!

- Amy

Beverley Sims
11-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Get some nice casual clothes and low heeled footwear and away you go.
There is nothing worse than getting across the car park in high heels and having to take them off to walk back home. :)

deebra
11-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Diversity, I'm really glad to hear you went out wearing your bra and the pleasure you got from wearing it, definately put something in it to get the projection and weight of breasts. Also hope you wore your panties to add to the experience and by the way a pair of girl jeans can add to it and blend unnoticeabely well.

deedeen
11-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the support everyone!

that is so awesome!!!...i just starting walking around my neighborhood late at night the last couple of weeks so i know exactly how you feel! Such a thrill and exhilerating feeling. was there anyone around? Walking in heals is wayyyy trickier in the outside world than it is around my room and apartment too. What were you wearing?

I noticed one person on a bike, but I dont think they got a good look at me. Not even sure if it was a guy or a girl, haha. Too much in the pink zone! Like I said, I've been trying more casual outfits recently, so I was wearing skin tight jeans, a patterned blouse, a raspberry colored cardigan, and a black scarf. I was only wearing heels because the boots and flats I recently purchased haven't come in the mail yet :).

Sounds just like me, Deedeen, except I was actually running an errand, taking a bag of trash out to the dumpster. :) It felt so exhilarating! I'm sure you felt that, too.

Don't worry, walking in heels will get easier over time, just keep practicing!

- Amy

I was taking out the trash too :). The easiest excuse! And yes, very exhilarating. Hearing the heels, seeing my shadow, not knowing if I wanted to look around or run back in the door!

xoxo

Erica Marie
11-20-2012, 06:51 AM
I know about baby steps. My first time was in a different city so no one I knew would see me. Then it was really just out driving around. I was actually less nervous walking from my hotel room to my car than I was sitting at a red light with people next to me. It was fun and Im hoping in the future to take it a step farther and get out and be in the public eye.
Good for you for taking those first steps. Hope your adventures take you everywhere you wanna be.

StaceyJane
11-20-2012, 06:56 AM
That's great. the first steps are the hardest but once you take them a whole new world opens up.

kimdl93
11-20-2012, 09:20 AM
It seems that first step out is the biggest. You conquered the fear of passing over your threshold...and the world didn't end. One thing I'd like to point out - its easy to walk in heels on smooth, regular surfaces. Where it gets tricky is walking on cobblestone, paving stone or broken pavement. Always a good idea to have some flats or lower heels if you're walking on those surfaces!

bridget thronton
11-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Well done - proceed at your own pace

Cynthia Anne
11-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Good for you girl! The more you go the better it will get! Have fun!

AngieStone
11-20-2012, 10:44 AM
That is so wonderful Dee so happy for you.

Angiestone

linda allen
11-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Going out among the world is a big thrill, but a couple thoughts:

1) GGs don't wear heels to take out the trash. Want to blend in? Wear flats, sandals, sneakers, etc.

2) GGs don't walk around the neighborhood alone at night. That's a sure way to attract attention.

AmyGaleRT
11-20-2012, 10:54 PM
I was taking out the trash too :). The easiest excuse! And yes, very exhilarating. Hearing the heels, seeing my shadow, not knowing if I wanted to look around or run back in the door!

Uh-huh, a lot like me. 'Cept I was wearing boots...but they still made a nice "click, click, click" sound on the asphalt. :) And I kept an even pace all the way there and back, not hurrying, just letting my feet carry me. And it was nighttime, and a beautiful full moon was overhead...and late enough at night that there was no one around except for the odd driver out on the street. And maybe Google's orbiting spy satellites. :D

- Amy

Ceri Anne
11-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Congrats. Actually that was most daring of you because all your neighbors might know you dress now. I lot of people start by going out dressed at night to other places to lessen being outed. Keep up the baby steps, and really, the mall is a great place, as are lgbt clubs. When you can dance in heals you've got it!

~Joanne~
11-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Walking on uneven ground outside is far different than walking inside, I found that out on my trip out. While I did fairly well it certainly is different. Baby steps are the best way to go, in time they will turn to bigger step the more you get comfortable with being out, night ventures will turn to day ventures and before you know it.....it's not a venture anymore, just day to day life ;)

deedeen
11-21-2012, 02:38 AM
That's great. the first steps are the hardest but once you take them a whole new world opens up.

Your words always carry wisdom :).

Going out among the world is a big thrill, but a couple thoughts:

1) GGs don't wear heels to take out the trash. Want to blend in? Wear flats, sandals, sneakers, etc.

2) GGs don't walk around the neighborhood alone at night. That's a sure way to attract attention.

Thanks for the constructive criticism :). I've been dying to get out, and knew that I had some time to dress this week. I ordered some no-heel boots and some flats but they only came in the mail today, and I was too impatient yesterday night :). Also, I'm in apartments on a university campus. It's certainly not uncommon for girls to be walking around at night alone. Maybe they are going home alone... unlucky them! ;)

Anyway, thanks again for the support. I'm feeling like I will try and take a few more steps this week. I've now got some casual clothes, and heel-less shoes to blend in with. My makeup isn't perfect, but its getting there, so it will mostly be at night. I may try and find some sunglasses to cover up and head out in the day. I'll keep you posted!

xoxo

Kaz
11-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Well done Deedeen...doesn't it feel brilliant?

Tracii G
11-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Glad you made the first steps out into the world.
Be aware of all things around you and stay safe.

deedeen
11-21-2012, 03:10 AM
So I did it again :). More or less the same outfit - skinny jeans, a patterned blouse, button up cranberry colored cardigan, and a black scarf. This time I wore my heel-less boots that came in the mail today.

I certainly had more confidence tonight. I don't know if it was the second time out, or the fact that I could walk easily in the boots. Anyway, I dropped off some "trash" and then went for a bit of a walk around the complex. Like I said, it's a university campus, so its not too uncommon for a girl to be walking around alone around midnight. I purposely avoided routes that I saw people on, and managed to not pass directly by anybody. I was probably only out for about 5 minutes, but it felt great :).

Thick pink fog...

xoxo

...edit: and out again. Changed the blouse to a houndstooth peplum, but its mostly hidden by the cardigan anyways. I took a different route and was probably out walking for 20 minutes this time. And the fog thickens...

JamieQ
11-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Yay! I used to go out only at night but one day I said the heck with it and went to a mall in the middle of the day. I pretty much just got the quick person passing by looks and everything went on as usual. I was out 5 hours in daylight today and went into several dollar type stores and gas stations for small purchases, a real long walk in a small town historic/antique stores district and then my usual walks in the parks. I used to wear a hoodie (to hide under the bundle, I thought) but it was a bit warmer so I went with a long sleeved T-shirt tucked in with a short sleeved one on top and my usual slightly above the knee skirt. I was pretty much viewed as another woman strolling by. A walk around town in daylight will attract far less attention than the same walk in the dark, but go with your comfort zone first. Theres no turning back and it will get easier...:) I meant to say that you will not want to quit going out...if you end up like me you will not be able to go out enough!:)

Jessicaa
11-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Wish i could do something like this, I live in a small country town everyone knows each other -_-

JamieQ
11-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Wish i could do something like this, I live in a small country town everyone knows each other -_-

I live in a small town too, but luckily I attend college an hour away. I do most of my "activity" from there almost to home. Ever try out of town?, but even out of town can have its drawbacks, I have bumped into people 3 hours away from home in guy mode. I have yet to bump into someone from home in the college town, but it could happen tomorrow. I am almost positive that if I did, even a foot or two away, they would not connect 2and 2.:)

Jessicaa
11-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Yeah, i guess the closest surrounding town away from me is about 45 minutes away, I am just always threatened by being caught, my town only has less then 400 people and everyone is very close knit.