PDA

View Full Version : I just love these girls!

suzy1
11-21-2012, 02:43 PM
I haven’t got a clue what they are talking about.
But I just love the attitude and body language of these drag queens

I know that not all members like drag queens but I love them. I can’t stop smiling when I look at this.

http://vimeo.com/53713159

It just makes me happy.

Sheren Kelly
11-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Drag Queens have taught me to be proud of who I am and if others have a problem with that, well it's their problem, not mine!

LilSissyStevie
11-21-2012, 04:17 PM
I love drag queens! In general, I think I would prefer to hang out with DQs than with CDs. Many moons ago I was in a vocational rehab situation with a group of DQs (actually "gay" pre-op trans girls but they called themselves DQs) and femmy gay dudes and they were the nicest and most fun people I've ever known. I envied their over-the-top femininity. When you mix testosterone with femininity, that's what you get. I felt if I could let myself go, I would be like that too. But I was "straight" and had to act the part since a feminine straight dude didn't fit in either world. So I'm a closet drag queen. Practically the only show I watch on TV is RuPaul's Drag Race. I'm still a little envious.

DebbieL
11-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Drag Queens don't worry about being "read", in fact it helps them promote their shows and their act. As a result, they can be way more feminine, way more sexy, and the make-up and wig can be "over the top". Some Drag queens are also transgender or even transsexual, but their bodies don't work for transition or to pass. Most are gay (men who prefer men), and prefer to make love as men when they do.

Many transgenders and transsexuals enjoy the shows and the act, but suffer because drag queens get so much press while real transsexuals and transgenders get far less air-play. When we tell wives or families that we are cross-dressers, the images that come to mind are usually drag acts, ranging from Milton Berle or Corporal Klinger to Lady Bunny or Rue Paul. It often takes weeks or months for them to consider even looking at pictures of us in femme mode, and many don't even want to see us in femme mode.

For the Drag Queen, dressing up is a profession, a business, an act, and then they take off the dress, go home in boy clothes, and play with their boyfriend.

For a transsexual, dressing is just a reflection of who we are on the inside, we can put on the boy clothes, but for us that's "Drag", and making love as a man can even be difficult or uncomfortable.

Barbara Ella
11-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Recognizing the different situations, I have to admire their abilities, even if over the top. Love their expressions, smiles, posture. For me it will never be an occupation, just who I am, trying to find myself.

Barbara

LilSissyStevie
11-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Drag Queens don't worry about being "read", in fact it helps them promote their shows and their act. As a result, they can be way more feminine, way more sexy, and the make-up and wig can be "over the top". Some Drag queens are also transgender or even transsexual, but their bodies don't work for transition or to pass. Most are gay (men who prefer men), and prefer to make love as men when they do.

Many transgenders and transsexuals enjoy the shows and the act, but suffer because drag queens get so much press while real transsexuals and transgenders get far less air-play. When we tell wives or families that we are cross-dressers, the images that come to mind are usually drag acts, ranging from Milton Berle or Corporal Klinger to Lady Bunny or Rue Paul. It often takes weeks or months for them to consider even looking at pictures of us in femme mode, and many don't even want to see us in femme mode.

For the Drag Queen, dressing up is a profession, a business, an act, and then they take off the dress, go home in boy clothes, and play with their boyfriend.

For a transsexual, dressing is just a reflection of who we are on the inside, we can put on the boy clothes, but for us that's "Drag", and making love as a man can even be difficult or uncomfortable.

I think there is a whole lot of misconception here. Drag Queens don't just drop from the sky and wake up one day as professional performers - straight acting manly gay men by day and over-the-top girly girls on the stage by night. All of the DQs I knew were prostitutes, addicts and/or mental patients. I was an addict and a mental patient which is why we were all being "rehabilitated" together. The ones that make it to the stage are the ones that have some talent other than hustling. There was a good documentary back in the 80's that gave a fairly good glimpse into the DQ culture in NY. I think it does a good job depicting how the line between feminine gay man and transsexual was wide and blurry, at least in those days. It's a pretty accurate picture of the people I knew.

Paris Is Burning

http://youtu.be/PHqlJ8UgzEA

I Am Paula
11-22-2012, 10:38 AM
LilSissyStevie. I'm glad you like Drag Queens. In your later post you make some pretty wild generalizations. I started as a DQ back in the eighties. I knew I was transgendered, considered a style I liked, woke up one day, and entered the world a fully formed DQ. Admittedely, it took many years to find my real self (not drag queen), but I still have a soft spot in my heart for 2 foot tall wigs and glitter eyeshadow. I can't see a DQ without mentally saying 'you go girl'.-Celeste

Beverley Sims
11-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Some drag queens I have known have wanted me to go on stage.
I did this a couple of times and really enjoyed the experience.

LilSissyStevie
11-22-2012, 01:04 PM
LilSissyStevie. I'm glad you like Drag Queens. In your later post you make some pretty wild generalizations.

What I said was my own experience. I did make one wild generalization when I said that drag queens don't fall from the sky. I humbly concede my error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbZ2zxkOA5U