PDA

View Full Version : I came out to a co-worker/friend

molly1985
11-21-2012, 04:11 PM
First of all I am sorry for not being active the past 4 months, I just had a lot on my mind with work and life. Then forgot my password, so I'm back for now.

On October 20th, an old friend of mine had her birthday at a bar for people who are lesbiens, gays, bisexuals, and transgenders (LGBT). She's straight, but has alot of friends who aren't. I was there with a current co worker because we had a mutual friend who used to work with us. Anyways, the night was young we had fun and got to see people who are like us. My friend who I currently work with doesnt drive so I offered her to take her home.

On our way home we had "The Conversation." She told how she hates being a girl and how people treat her as one, that she wants to be a guy. I felt that it was time to come out to her, knowing that Ive been friends with her and worked with her for over 5 years. I told her that I have a secret I want to keep between us. Thats where I let it all out, I told her my history and why I do it. As shocked, she was glad to hear that she had another friend who was like this. The 45 minute car ride was all about it. Since then she talks to me more at work and texts me when she can.

She told me about this support group in Seattle that meets every Wednesday, and said if I was interested to research into it. I did just that and her and I went to our first support group together on October 24th. I wasnt sure what to wear so I wore womens jeans and shoes. Her and I plan on going to the Novmber 28th meeting, and hope to be full female there. It was amazing to meet other people who are like us. I felt so happy that it made me feel so comfortable being there.

StaceyJane
11-21-2012, 04:46 PM
It's always a surprise when we find out that we aren't alone.

Barbara Ella
11-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Congratulations to you Molly for taking that step and letting yourself out to another. It is always a big chance, and it is so good to hear stories that reinforce the goodness in people. So glad you found someone and that you both can help each other.

Barbara

ArleneRaquel
11-21-2012, 04:51 PM
That is the type of stories that I love to read.

sandra-leigh
11-21-2012, 04:57 PM
She told how she hates being a girl and how people treat her as one, that she wants to be a guy. I felt that it was time to come out to her,

He told you how he hates being a girl... you felt it was time to come out to him.

This is not intended as a barb, just as a reminder that it is time to start getting used to the appropriate pronouns :)

Gaby2
11-21-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm also very glad for you, Molly. :hugs: Gaby

2B Natasha
11-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Well good for you Molly. It's never easy to come out to anyone and tell your story.

But I'm curious. Where, who, what is this support group in Seattle. I thought they had all gone away. The only one I know of is in Tacoma.

Cheers

kimdl93
11-21-2012, 05:59 PM
I by that before that evening you thought you were alone. I'm sure that both of you felt more at peace having discovered this common bond.

MsKimiko
01-02-2013, 08:30 PM
hey natasha check out washington t-gurls on yahoo.. its a yahoo group.. they meet weekly

and congrats molly.. it is very hard to come out to someone.. the first person i came out to was a coworker as well..

DanaR
01-02-2013, 10:10 PM
hey natasha check out washington t-gurls on yahoo.. its a yahoo group.. they meet weekly..............

They meet fairly close to you in Everett.

bcpmax
01-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Yay, I'm happy for you; What a wonderful story, so heart warming; made me smile.

Beverley Sims
01-04-2013, 09:00 AM
For me coming out to co workers is like base jumping.
You really don't know the outcome until you have done it.

LisaSue
01-06-2013, 06:54 PM
That is such a fascinating story, as I have a female coworker to whom I have been thinking of coming out to. We both have very similar stories. We talk about mostly anything, and she has told me that she sees me more as a good girlfriend than as a guy. I know that she would never do anything to hurt me such as gossiping or telling others, but wonder if the relationship might become awkward and maybe distant afterward. The story in the original post is what I hope for. Who knows though, right?

FeminineEmoBoy
01-06-2013, 07:03 PM
I wish i could meet other cross dressers especially my age :( but congrats on your story!! :) x