PDA

View Full Version : I have my label

Aloha Jayne
11-21-2012, 09:04 PM
I generally hate labels. Mainly because each label applies in some cases, but not in others, and everyone has a different definition of just what a label means.

But I have finally found a label that fits me perfectly. I'm a non-conformist! In fact, I don't know anyone else on this planet that is like me. And that makes me happy. Viva la difference!

Who says a guy can't have a beard and wear make-up at the same time? Who says I can't be a man and like pretty things? And who can tell me that because I love women that I can't dress like one as well.

So there's your label for you! :)

stacycoral
11-21-2012, 09:11 PM
you said girl, all i can say YOU GO GIRL!!!!! hugs

Barbara Ella
11-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Girl, you are so right. However, I find that I am exactly like you, which really makes me nothing like you.

Hugs, Barbara

CynthiaD
11-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I can identify with being a non-conformist. All my life I've tried to be as unpredictable as possible. Mainly because I hate being labeled as an X, whatever X may be. Once you get labeled as an X, people start thinking they know everything about you. "If you're an X, then you must like peanut butter ... Etc. Etc. Etc. I hate stereotypes and I hate cliches, especially when they're applied to me.

One day I went to a psychologist (the reason is long and boring) and after chatting with him for a few minutes, he said to me, "you're the type of person who likes to keep others guessing. Just when someone thinks they've got you figured out, you like to do something odd that confuses them." He was spot on.

Needless to say, I was shocked to find out avoiding stereotypes is, itself, just another stereotype. Sigh.

Roberta Marie
11-22-2012, 07:10 AM
The label that fits me best is Bobbi, except when I'm in a guy mood, then it's Rob!